GDT: Buffalo at Toronto 12-27-13 at 7:30 PM EST

Doohickie

That's the way you start a hockey game.

In other news, I've been one of the few ardent Scott defenders here and it pleases me to no end he scored on a such a beauty opportunity. Hope they resign him...he's a character guy that is hard to replace.

Kelly's is the "Buffalo" bar in NYC. It's at Houston & Ave A or 1st...somewhere in that area. They've got Labatt and Molsen as well if you're feeling homesick.

I've caught games at 4th Down in Williamsburg in past seasons. They usually have it on without asking (I think one of the bartenders has some buffalo affiliation or just likes the team).

I will need to check it out. Used to see the Bills games many moons ago on 42nd and 2nd.

Big John is in their heads.

I love the fact that he scored the goal and he won't fight; YES!

Jedi Mind Tricks.

Let's Go Buffalo!

The Leafs announcers are pissed because Scott won't fight.

What about the code; Scott rights his own... -Leafs announcer-

First they make a big deal out of Scott only being a fighter, and he should be kick out of the league.

Now, he's playing hockey, he scores a goal, turns the fight down, and now he the bad guy once again.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Jennarette: "Orr's going after Scott immediately, and Scott's saying 'Leave the goal-scorers alone'"

As in there's no way we could or you'd rather see them go for it?

I'm tired of winning in the off-season. I want wins during it.

The TSN guys were crying about that, saying how if the score was the other way he would be challenging Orr instead, and that Scott must only play by his own "code".

Why would Scott fight right now? He knows if he does they are just going to penalize him worse for it.

Somewhere deluca is crying into his drink watching Scott score....

Is this the 1st time all year the Sabres have scored more than one goal in the first period? Probably not, but it seems like it.

This is, in fact, the first time all season the Sabres have scored more than one goal in the first period.

Edit: It is only the 10th time all year the Sabres have even scored once in the first. Their 9 first period goals were by far the fewest, with Carolina next at 16.

Archived