GDT: Buffalo at Toronto 12-27-13 at 7:30 PM EST

Doohickie

Anytime a goalie faces over 40 shots, if they even take it to the shootout then they have done more than enough IMO.

On the month of December Miller has a .940 save percentage, and the team is 4-4-2 (i think someone said that above). I think that shows it is the team in front if you require your goalie to be that good to even get to .500

When you offset your great saves with weak goals, your night is average. A superstar goaltender comes up big when his team is outworked. Miller may or may not be a superstar, that's a personal opinion. He has played like one most of the season, last night however he wasn't a superstar in the 2nd period. It wasn't his fault they lost, but it certainly didn't help. Alas, nobody is going to win when you don't score in the shootout. ;)

I like that Scott finally scored a goal as a Sabre.

By his reaction and celebration one could easily have thought he had just scored the cup winning goal.

I did not watch the game, nor have I read this thread, but to take a hard fought lead, just to cough it up and then equalize in the dying seconds than lost in a SO ... seems like a good effort with some break downs along the way. Not too shabby.

There were at least 3 instances where the Maple Leafs' players blatantly and obviously hooked the feet right out from under Sabres players - and right in front of the goal and the officials - they were NEVER called. But Erhoff gets called for 'interference' in a pile up while fighting for the puck? And then Moulson gets checked right into the goal post, and nothing called?? That was disgusting!!!!! What's big mouth Shanahan got to say about his officials??? They were clearly, overwhelmingly biased in favor of the Leafs.

That was not the first wicked crosscheck that Moulson took that went uncalled, earlier in the period he got blasted just outside the crease and was sent to the ice hard. I made mention of it in this thread when it happened. Myers lays his stick on someones back and ends up getting two. I use to think that my feeling that the bad officiating towards the Sabres was just me being a homer, but it's beyond that.

Archived