X:

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 52 Alexander Sulzer

4 Jamie McBain – 6 Mike Weber

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel, 32 John Scott

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

D Chad Ruhwedel and F John Scott were healthy scratches in Thursday's 4-2 win vs Boston.

F Cody McCormick is expected to miss 4-6 weeks (UBI).

F Cody Hodgson could miss up to 3 weeks (UBI).

Weekly Transactions

12/14: F Matt Ellis recalled from Rochester (AHL).

12/17: F Kevin Porter and D Chad Ruhwedel recalled from Rochester (AHL).

12/17: F Luke Adam, D Mark Pysyk, and D Brayden McNabb assigned to Rochester (AHL).

12/17: D Alexander Sulzer activated from IR; F Cody McCormick (UBI) placed on IR.

12/19: F Linus Omark acquired from Edmonton for a conditional 2014 6th round pick.

12/20: F Cody Hodgson (UBI) placed on IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo is 4-4-2. The Sabres have killed 14 penalties in a row.

F Brian Flynn has three of his season's six points in the past two games.

F Drew Stafford has three points in four games. D Christian Ehrhoff has five points in the past six.

Boston Bruins bos.gif

Final Lineup

17 Milan Lucic – 46 David Krejci ("A") – 12 Jerome Iginla

63 Brad Marchand – 37 Patrice Bergeron ("A") – 18 Reilly Smith

34 Carl Soderberg – 51 Ryan Spooner – 25 Matt Fraser

38 Jordan Caron – 11 Gregory Campbell - 32 Nick Johnson

X: 20 Daniel Paille (concussion-like symptoms), 22 Shawn Thornton (suspended)

33 Zdeno Chara ("C") – 47 Torey Krug

43 Matt Barkowski – 44 Dennis Seidenberg

79 David Warsofskyi – 55 Johnny Boychuck

X:

40 Tukka Rask

30 Chad Johnson

Lineup News & Notes

Boston scratched Forwards Shawn Thornton and Dan Paille in Thursday's 4-2 loss to the Sabres.

F Shawn Thornton is applealing the 15 game suspension for the attack on Pens D Brooks Orpik.

F Loui Eriksson, F Chris Kelly, D Dougie Hamilton, and D Adam McQuaid are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

12/16: Recalled F Craig Cunningham from Providence (AHL).

12/18: Assigned F Craig Cunningham and D Kevan Miller to Providence (AHL);

Recalled D David Warsofsky from Providence (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Boston is 7-3-0. F Brad Marchand had two goals Thursday,

while D Zdeno Chara had two on Tuesday. F David Krejci has 11 points in his past 10 games.

PREGAME LINKS

12/19 – SABRES ACQUIRE OMARK FROM OILERS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/20 – Linus Omark to meet Sabres in Boston; Cody Hodgson possibly out weeks (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/20 – Game Preview: 12/21/13 at Boston Bruins (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/20 – FRIDAY UPDATE: Hodgson could miss up to three weeks; Omark to play on Saturday (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/20 – Bruins seek split of home-and-home vs. Sabres (Mike Battaglino - NHL.com)

12/20 Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Friday's practice at First Niagara Center. <5:21>

12/20 With the B's roster still riddled with injuries, call ups are expected to keep sustained presence and produce. <2:54>

12/20 Dan Dunleavy recaps Friday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:41>

12/21 – Sabres at Bruins Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/21 – Brian Flynn embracing checking role, starting to showcase slick offensive skills (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/21 – Bruins-Sabres preview: Rebound against Buffalo (Joe Haggerty – CSNNE.com)

12/21 Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. <3:36>

12/21 Linus Omark speaks with the media prior to Saturday's game against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden. <3:23>

POSTGAME LINKS

12/21 – SABRES LAMENT MISSED POWER-PLAY CHANCES IN LOSS TO BRUINS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/21 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins <3:24>

12/21 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins <1:50>

12/21 – Steve Ott speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins <1:46>

12/21 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins <2:35>

12/21 – Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 4-1 loss to the Bruins <1:40>

I missed a lot of Thursday's game, playing with my Grandson, but I see that Gus (10:39) and Ennis (14:23) were both near the bottom in TOI, while their linemate Moulson had (17:59) TOI and double the shifts in the 3rd. Since I haven't seen anything of either being injured, I'm assuming that Nolan wasn't happy with their play and sat them for some shifts in the 3rd. I am hoping that Nolan doesn't break up this line, because of 1 bad game, they seem to have a chemistry going and for 4 games were the only line putting the puck in the net.

Without question, a win here would really shock some fans. Boston will come out VERY strong and will have their starting tender. I would be shocked if Sabres could keep this within one goal. Wouldn't you just love to see a win with Omark getting on the board and an all out physical presence from start to finish.....ahh, to dream

Without question, a win here would really shock some fans. Boston will come out VERY strong and will have their starting tender. I would be shocked if Sabres could keep this within one goal. Wouldn't you just love to see a win with Omark getting on the board and an all out physical presence from start to finish.....ahh, to dream

Dreaming is all we got at this point :D

26 is turning into the Craig Ramsay of Sabrespace — showing up every game, taking care of the details, working hard and getting it done.

Nice work man.

Thanks dudacek.

@BuffaloSabres

There's an NBA game at the arena at 1 p.m., so no morning skate for the #Sabres. Nolan will address the media later this afternoon. -CR

@NHLBruins

Bruins will not have a morning skate today before facing Buffalo @tdgarden (7 ET). players will be available to media around 4:30 p.m ^CS

I had to listen to the last one on the radio. So I'm happy to be able to watch this one.

Would love to see Ted start Enroth in this one. If Buffalo can pull out another win, Boston fans would be out of their minds. And to beat them in their own barn with the backup would be most excellent.

If the Sabres win this one, I'm changing my avatar pic from "I want to bereave" back to the "A New Hope" one. I have no hope for this season, but at least they seem to be moving in the right direction.

I had to listen to the last one on the radio. So I'm happy to be able to watch this one. I predict an all-out slaughter.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the Bruins, they have no idea what they're coming up against.

I really appreciate that. But I don't want others to be discouraged from starting a GDT because of me.

Oh good. I almost started the thread last night but didn't feel worthy. :unsure:

(I'm an hour behind ET so it's only 11 pm when the GDT can be started.

Always a great GDT starter.

I'm concerned about the Celtics game prior. It used to be that basketball games even the night before would cause problems for the ice quality the next day. This is only a few hours before the hockey game. Crappy ice?

The Sabres should expect to hit often and hard. They better come out there with the expectation that they need to just pound on Boston. Even slightest bit of sloppy play will put them in a hole fast I think.

I had to listen to the last one on the radio. So I'm happy to be able to watch this one.

Would love to see Ted start Enroth in this one. If Buffalo can pull out another win, Boston fans would be out of their minds. And to beat them in their own barn with the backup would be most excellent.

Well, I think a real team starts their #1 guy in this one. The Sabres are a real team now.

(I'm an hour behind ET so it's only 11 pm when the GDT can be started.

An interesting question. My preliminary thinking is that this would be bad juju, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Always a great GDT starter.

I'm concerned about the Celtics game prior. It used to be that basketball games even the night before would cause problems for the ice quality the next day. This is only a few hours before the hockey game. Crappy ice?

The Sabres should expect to hit often and hard. They better come out there with the expectation that they need to just pound on Boston. Even slightest bit of sloppy play will put them in a hole fast I think.

It won't slow down the sweet Swede. Omark! Oh my!

An interesting question. My preliminary thinking is that this would be bad juju, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Why? EVERY GDT that is started just after midnight appears on the day before in my time reference. And of the GDTs I've started, I'm no worse for winning percentage than anyone else.

The Sabres are a real team now.

That's funny. :w00t: The only real thing this team has is goal tending (and people are clamoring to trade it away). They don't have centers, RWs or enough D. The coach is interim. That doesn't add up to a 'real team' in my eyes. They're my team and so I will root for them, but they don't strike me as anywhere near real.

Why? EVERY GDT that is started just after midnight appears on the day before in my time reference. And of the GDTs I've started, I'm no worse for winning percentage than anyone else.

The juju rule prohibits starting a GDT until midnight on game day. Now, we've never really dug in to when game day is deemed to start in terms of time zones, but it seems to me that the relevant time zone for GDT purposes would be the time zone of the poster starting the GDT.

I suppose it alternatively could be the time zone in which the applicable game is being played, in which case your approach would work most of the time, but I don't think we've ever looked at it that way.

I could continue, but I think if I create too much of a tempest in this teapot I will look even sillier than I normally do.

That's funny. :w00t: The only real thing this team has is goal tending (and people are clamoring to trade it away). They don't have centers, RWs or enough D. The coach is interim. That doesn't add up to a 'real team' in my eyes. They're my team and so I will root for them, but they don't strike me as anywhere near real.

I think they have real goaltending, real D, real coaching and -- finally -- a real attitude, both on the ice and off.

I realize I'm being overly exuberant, but I really was impressed by the last 2 wins. And I really want to care about and look forward to the games again -- and feel like the Sabres have a shot to win regardless of the opponent.

Let's see how the next few games go.

12/21 – Sabres at Bruins Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/21 – Brian Flynn embracing checking role, starting to showcase slick offensive skills (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/21 – Bruins-Sabres preview: Rebound against Buffalo (Joe Haggerty – CSNNE.com)

great pre-game data, 26, - especially valuable for an ex-pat like me. Loved the new Omark photo of his game jersey at his stall.....since he is wearing M Foligno's sweater #, I wonder if he will do the Foligno jump after scoring ?? Hopefully he won't wear that silly Star Wars/Jofa helmet, circa 1979...... :w00t:

Archived