GDT: Buffalo at Boston 12-21-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Getting ready for the game. Just had my pre-game meal of meatloaf. Felt it was worthy as this will be a blue collar/working class struggle in their barn against a P'd off team. I can't wait to see the new guy but am tampering my expectations a bit because we all know how these things go with an unproven AHL player. Nevertheless I'm excited. As always, GO SABRES !

That's funny. :w00t: The only real thing this team has is goal tending (and people are clamoring to trade it away). They don't have centers, RWs or enough D. The coach is interim. That doesn't add up to a 'real team' in my eyes. They're my team and so I will root for them, but they don't strike me as anywhere near real.

And that is exactly what we don't want the rest of the NHL to know. If they knew we were sending out a pseudo real team, why, they may all try to tank as well in order to get better talent......

Now, we don't want that, do we?

So.............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........mums the word ;)

The juju rule prohibits starting a GDT until midnight on game day. Now, we've never really dug in to when game day is deemed to start in terms of time zones, but it seems to me that the relevant time zone for GDT purposes would be the time zone of the poster starting the GDT.

I suppose it alternatively could be the time zone in which the applicable game is being played, in which case your approach would work most of the time, but I don't think we've ever looked at it that way.

I could continue, but I think if I create too much of a tempest in this teapot I will look even sillier than I normally do.

I think they have real goaltending, real D, real coaching and -- finally -- a real attitude, both on the ice and off.

I realize I'm being overly exuberant, but I really was impressed by the last 2 wins. And I really want to care about and look forward to the games again -- and feel like the Sabres have a shot to win regardless of the opponent.

Let's see how the next few games go.

I hope they continue to lose, and consistently. I'll take Reinhart for 500 Alex :P

Getting ready for the game. Just had my pre-game meal of meatloaf. Felt it was worthy as this will be a blue collar/working class struggle in their barn against a P'd off team. I can't wait to see the new guy but am tampering my expectations a bit because we all know how these things go with an unproven AHL player. Nevertheless I'm excited. As always, GO SABRES !

MOM ....... MEATLOAF ....... NOW !!!! (sorry, I could not resist)

458007767_slide.jpg

BUF (9-23-3) at BOS (23-10-2) – SAT DEC 21 – 7:00 PM EST – MSG-BWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Unofficial Lineup (no morning skate, pending warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

17 Linus Omark – 65 Brian Flynn – 82 Marcus Foligno

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 23 Ville Leino – 21 Drew Stafford

12 Kevin Porter – 37 Matt Ellis – 27 Matt D’Agostini

X:

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 52 Alexander Sulzer

4 Jamie McBain – 6 Mike Weber

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel, 32 John Scott

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

D Chad Ruhwedel and F John Scott were healthy scratches in Thursday's 4-2 win vs Boston.

F Cody McCormick is expected to miss 4-6 weeks (UBI).

F Cody Hodgson could miss up to 3 weeks (UBI).

Weekly Transactions

12/14: F Matt Ellis recalled from Rochester (AHL).

12/17: F Kevin Porter and D Chad Ruhwedel recalled from Rochester (AHL).

12/17: F Luke Adam, D Mark Pysyk, and D Brayden McNabb assigned to Rochester (AHL).

12/17: D Alexander Sulzer activated from IR; F Cody McCormick (UBI) placed on IR.

12/19: F Linus Omark acquired from Edmonton for a conditional 2014 6th round pick.

12/20: F Cody Hodgson (UBI) placed on IR.

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo is 4-4-2. The Sabres have killed 14 penalties in a row.

F Brian Flynn has three of his season's six points in the past two games.

F Drew Stafford has three points in four games. D Christian Ehrhoff has five points in the past six.

Boston Bruins bos.gif

Projected Lineup (no morning skate, pending warmups)

17 Milan Lucic – 46 David Krejci ("A") – 12 Jerome Iginla

63 Brad Marchand – 37 Patrice Bergeron ("A") – 18 Reilly Smith

34 Carl Soderberg – 51 Ryan Spooner – 25 Matt Fraser

38 Jordan Caron – 11 Gregory Campbell - 32 Nick Johnson

X: 20 Daniel Paille (concussion-like symptoms), 22 Shawn Thornton (suspended)

33 Zdeno Chara ("C") – 47 Torey Krug

43 Matt Barkowski – 44 Dennis Seidenberg

79 David Warsofskyi – 55 Johnny Boychuck

X:

40 Tukka Rask

30 Chad Johnson

Lineup News & Notes

Boston scratched Forwards Shawn Thornton and Dan Paille in Thursday's 4-2 loss to the Sabres.

F Shawn Thornton is applealing the 15 game suspension for the attack on Pens D Brooks Orpik.

F Loui Eriksson, F Chris Kelly, D Dougie Hamilton, and D Adam McQuaid are on IR.

Weekly Transactions

12/16: Recalled F Craig Cunningham from Providence (AHL).

12/18: Assigned F Craig Cunningham and D Kevan Miller to Providence (AHL);

Recalled D David Warsofsky from Providence (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Boston is 7-3-0. F Brad Marchand had two goals Thursday,

while D Zdeno Chara had two on Tuesday. F David Krejci has 11 points in his past 10 games.

PREGAME LINKS

12/19 – SABRES ACQUIRE OMARK FROM OILERS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/20 – Linus Omark to meet Sabres in Boston; Cody Hodgson possibly out weeks (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/20 – Game Preview: 12/21/13 at Boston Bruins (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/20 – FRIDAY UPDATE: Hodgson could miss up to three weeks; Omark to play on Saturday (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/20 – Bruins seek split of home-and-home vs. Sabres (Mike Battaglino - NHL.com)

12/20 - Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Friday's practice at First Niagara Center. <5:21>

12/20 - With the B's roster still riddled with injuries, call ups are expected to keep sustained presence and produce. <2:54>

12/20 - Dan Dunleavy recaps Friday's practice at First Niagara Center. <1:41>

12/21 – Sabres at Bruins Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/21 – Brian Flynn embracing checking role, starting to showcase slick offensive skills (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/21 – Bruins-Sabres preview: Rebound against Buffalo (Joe Haggerty – CSNNE.com)

Very strong offering. Much appreciated bud!

Archived