Confirmed: Sabres Acquire Winger Linus Omark from Edmonton

26CornerBlitz

Not sure if you were quoting Nolan with the "home sick" terminology but I probably would have went with "out with an illness". Maybe it's just me.

English IS my first language and you guys know I fumble through it like Roscoe Parrish running in the open field.

Yes. Yes you do.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...n-edmonton.html

Edmonton's compensation for Linus Omark: If he plays 15 NHL games this season, with the Buffalo Sabres or anyone else, it's a sixth-round draft pick in June. If he falls short of that yet re-signs with Buffalo before the draft, it's still a sixth rounder in June. If he re-signs after the draft, it's a sixth rounder in 2015. Memorize this, there will be a test.

• 1 month later...

Ahaha. Keeping the pick. Suck it, Edmonton. We just got a free AHL player.

In making this move, the Sabres appear to be avoiding paying the price of a conditional sixth round draft choice to the Oilers. That pick was set to kick in if Omark played 15 or more games for the Sabres.

edit: Or ######. Maybe not.

The question has arisen on Twitter (hat tip to Michael “Speeds” Spidell) whether that sixth round draft pick might still be in play if another team were to claim Omark and give him enough games to get him over that GP threshold. Impossible to know without seeing the fine print in the original condition, which may well have specified “15 games with the Sabres”. It has folks speculating about whether the Oilers themselves might benefit from picking up Omark and giving him a couple more games.
Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.