GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 12-17-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

True, people would never stand for Regier to do something like this - For the very simple reason that the man proved over and over that he had NO freakin' clue how to handle, let alone build a hockey team.

So far, all I've seen from the current management is that they've managed to turn a notoriously lazy team into a very hard working team, practically overnight.

Neither LaFontaine or Nolan can help if this roster is void of talent and full of dead wood. This is an inherited roster. At least give them one single off-season to draft and make a few changes before pulling out the torches and pitchforks.

All I know is, if this team could bury just a 10th of their scoring chances, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

All I know is we are asking two guys with minimal or no experience in building a team to oversee the rebuild of what currently may go down as the worst team in NHL history. Am I the only guy who is slightly uncomfortable with that?

If I am a multi billionaire and I own the worse team in hockey I go out and spend my money to get someone who has been there and done it. I don't roll the dice on a guy because all the fans loved him as a player. I hope to God I am wrong in all this but this is a business.

Right now what we have is a president who said he is not qualified to be GM, no GM, and an "interim" coach. Sometimes reality hurts but this thing is still a joke. You think Brian Burke is going to wait 2 months to hire a GM? No. And he is qualified to do it while he is searching. Is our guy? Who knows. He is trying to figure it out.

Or just don't watch. There are a lot of good books out there. :P

Thought I'd give the Lord of the Rings a second crack now that I'm older/a little more patient since the last time I tried, so I'll be doing that tonight after I pick up my car from the shop. I'm sure the game will be on in the background, but I just finished the Hobbit so I'm in another reading spurt again

Thought I'd give the Lord of the Rings a second crack now that I'm older/a little more patient so I'll be doing that tonight after I pick up my car from the shop. I'm sure the game will be on in the background, but I just finished the Hobbit so in another reading spurt again

I'll admit to having never read any Tolkien. More power to those who do. Some day I'll give them a shot if I can ever get through all the books I already have that need to get read.

All I know is we are asking two guys with minimal or no experience in building a team to oversee the rebuild of what currently may go down as the worst team in NHL history. Am I the only guy who is slightly uncomfortable with that?

If I am a multi billionaire and I own the worse team in hockey I go out and spend my money to get someone who has been there and done it. I don't roll the dice on a guy because all the fans loved him as a player. I hope to God I am wrong in all this but this is a business.

Right now what we have is a president who said he is not qualified to be GM, no GM, and an "interim" coach. Sometimes reality hurts but this thing is still a joke. You think Brian Burke is going to wait 2 months to hire a GM? No. And he is qualified to do it while he is searching. Is our guy? Who knows. He is trying to figure it out.

Maybe 16 years of Regier has made med somewhat numb, but again - All I know is the team went from being a lazy bunch of bums, to one of the hardest working teams in the league.

In my book, that earns a benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

And again - If this team could score more than one goal per game, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And looking at the roster, it's no mystery why they can't score.

Maybe 16 years of Regier has made med somewhat numb, but again - All I know is the team went from being a lazy bunch of bums, to one of the hardest working teams in the league.

In my book, that earns a benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

And again - If this team could score more than one goal per game, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And looking at the roster, it's no mystery why they can't score.

I agree. They are playing much harder. I think this is why it pissed me off that they were sending the 3 guys down. I don't want to watch the Kevin Porters of the world. didn't we try that earlier in the year with DR. I don't mind that we are throwing in the towel but just how bad do they want to be?

If this is all about talent evaluating and thinking about next year how about we hire the damn GM one of these days so he can get an idea of what we have as well. That includes evaluating our "interim" coach.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nolan is, and will be, the permanent coach. I think he has the interim tag so Lafontaine has his ass covered just in case something comes up and it doesn't end up being that way. With that said, I don't think being without a permanent GM right now makes a bit of difference. A couple of weeks isn't going to change anything. I highly doubt they are shopping Miller, I doubt they would be shopping him if they did have a permanent GM.

I agree. They are playing much harder. I think this is why it pissed me off that they were sending the 3 guys down. I don't want to watch the Kevin Porters of the world. didn't we try that earlier in the year with DR. I don't mind that we are throwing in the towel but just how bad do they want to be?

I'm curious. Exactly how many points should the Sabres be aiming for? You've got all basis covered, good and bad, for when you offer criticism. Give us all an idea of where you think this team should be this year in order to make you happy. ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nolan is, and will be, the permanent coach. I think he has the interim tag so Lafontaine has his ass covered just in case something comes up and it doesn't end up being that way. With that said, I don't think being without a permanent GM right now makes a bit of difference. A couple of weeks isn't going to change anything. I highly doubt they are shopping Miller, I doubt they would be shopping him if they did have a permanent GM.

Pretty much.

As long as the new GM is in place 6 weeks before the trade deadline he should have plenty of time to get up to speed. If we get beyond that, then there's issues.

I only half caught it, but I think it was Ted that said he knew "of" some players in Rochester, but didn't really know them. This is all part of the process to see what they have in addition to putting the younger players into a position to succeed. To be honest, if you're going to be upset to see a less-than-optimal team, you might want to skip the rest of the season and maybe next. The team is "under new management" and they're taking inventory.

It's kinda like posting "Nolan talked to the media today"

This is something with the "New Media" that really annoys me. I know it's now easier to put a video or audio clip up than to actually write a short article or transcript, but I'd rather read stuff (especially at work).

Thought I'd give the Lord of the Rings a second crack now that I'm older/a little more patient since the last time I tried, so I'll be doing that tonight after I pick up my car from the shop. I'm sure the game will be on in the background, but I just finished the Hobbit so I'm in another reading spurt again

My girlfriend is reading the Silmarillion right now. She loves Tolkien. Linguists... They sicken me.

My girlfriend is reading the Silmarillion right now. She loves Tolkien. Linguists... They sicken me.

I have a first edition of it that I picked up used. I got a bit into it and but then stopped for whatever reason. Geez, that must be 10 years ago now.

All steps to losing more games. Isn't this what many of you wanted?

I don't think that's what this is about.

And thank you for saying "many of you."

As long as the new GM is in place 6 weeks before the trade deadline he should have plenty of time to get up to speed. If we get beyond that, then there's issues.

I agree with this.

Separately: in watching Teddy's presser today -- he said "winning creates winning." In other words: "losing begets losing."

I love this guy!

What did he say?

Ted Nolan said:

It is important to see the right players (young guys). Mark Pysyk can obviously play in this league, on this team right now but he isn't at the mature level they think he could reach. Pysyk is not going down for a long time just a few days. Wants players to learn to win because it carries over to adulthood. This is why they beefed up Americans line up for the Spangler cup. Chad Rhewedel is here in case someone gets injured. Thinks Chad is a character guy who can help the kids grow. He has confidence that the Amerks have good players and good leaders who can help the kids grow, specifically mentioned Zigomanis.

The current system within the sabres involves input from the coaches and the scouting staff as far as player evaluation goes. Nolan and PLF have the final say but they are actively talking to their staff and learning about who and what they have in the system. Believes there is more than one way to build a team but basically said that most kids can't play at 18/19yrs old and the good teams allow them to develop and grow at a natural pace. Pysyk he thinks will be a leader but not yet, he is looking at the future and believes these kids need time to grow. Nolan said he is working well with his coaching staff.

Please do not click on this link if you do not have 2 minutes and 46 seconds to spare as will be no transcript provided. Sorry folks.

Thanks for warning me. There's no way it's worth it to wait for my internet to try to stream anything that uses the nhl.com video streamer. It has terribly inefficient bandwidth usage and it's pathetic.

Watch out for the cunning ones

r-ROB-FORD-ONTARIO-LIBERALS-large570.jpg?16

I don't think that's what this is about.

And thank you for saying "many of you."

I agree, that's not what it is about. Just saying these moves aren't going to make any difference in winning or losing right now.

And, your welcome.

Archived