GDT: Winnipeg at Buffalo 12-17-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Giving everyone a game or two with the big club to evaluate them, and sending most of the kids back to Rochester so they can actually win more than the occasional game is fine by me. Really, as long as Darcy is gone, I don't mind any move too much. The lineup is crap anyway you slice it. It sort of doesn't matter which non-scoring forward replaces another non-scoring forward.

That said, I'd like to reiterate my position from the past couple of game day threads... D'Agostini is horrible. B-)

Here's a quote from the Zadorov thread that Corner put up...

“At times we didn’t have the luck, at other time we lost without a chance, but I think everything will get better,” Zadorov said. “The team is being reorganized right now and next season, the goals will be set higher.”

Obviously the team is communicating with the players. Remember, we have seen a lot of the fringe and young players play game in and game out, but I highly doubt Teddy and Pat were watching....and it would be idiotic to trust anyone from the previous crew that was setting the plan. Get as many of these guys up for a few weeks and get a feel for them as people and players. They know this season is shot, so weed the fluff out, reorganize the structure going forward and see who you can depend on, yet the young kids sharpen their craft and leadership skills at a level they can excel, and next season you add some FA's make some moves, then bring up the kids in supporting roles who are ready with the goal of playing to win, and not solely learning on the job as you hope for a 25% chance to luck into the #1 pick.

It would be nice to have the new GM on board during this process so we don't go through redundancy.

Yes, I guess, to all of the above.

I suppose I should have subscribed to the AHL version of Gamecentre Live instead of the real thing.

McNabb and Adam need another 30+ games here. Let them have time. by then you may be able to package them in a deal. Porter, Ellis, Flynn, Sulzer, etc have proven over their careers that they are nothing more than AHLers. They will NEVER be part of our future. You cannot tell me in a million years that Adam didn't do enough to stay here. NO WAY the guys replacing him brings more to the table.

If this was DR and RR making these moves it would be an anarchy around here. Right now we are accepting whatever TN does as being the "right way". ######!! This was a freaking PR hire and most likely a big roadblock in getting a top GM in here.

True, people would never stand for Regier to do something like this - For the very simple reason that the man proved over and over that he had NO freakin' clue how to handle, let alone build a hockey team.

So far, all I've seen from the current management is that they've managed to turn a notoriously lazy team into a very hard working team, practically overnight.

Neither LaFontaine or Nolan can help if this roster is void of talent and full of dead wood. This is an inherited roster. At least give them one single off-season to draft and make a few changes before pulling out the torches and pitchforks.

All I know is, if this team could bury just a 10th of their scoring chances, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If this is all about talent evaluating and thinking about next year how about we hire the damn GM one of these days so he can get an idea of what we have as well. That includes evaluating our "interim" coach.

My guess is Patty is as much an "interim" GM as a Nolan is the "interim" coach.

If Patty wants the job, it's probably his to take. I'm guessing he's figuring out if he wants it or not.

Please explain to me what talent they are evaluating?

Anyone on the team. Players are added to cup teams for depth. Even guys like porter sometimes. Your McBains are obviously worth a look as well. Anytime we can show off these guys who will be gone next year and try and get something for them it it worth it. Will most be traded? Absolutely not. But again if sending some of the guys down for a month or even the rest of the year is fine. The kids need to be kept away while this hurricane of $h@t blows over and gets cleaned up.

Archived