• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Watching it as my kids getting ready for school. Malkin, Ovechkin, and Kovalchuk only skating in short bursts. No consistent hustle. Datsyuk and Radolov, and Anisimov the only guys skating for the Russians. The are playing not to lose and the Finns are just out working them. Too bad because physically the Russians should be dominant over the smaller Finns, but as have been said early they seem uninterested or they seem to think this thing is going to be handed to them. It could be, Putin has tried to put the fix in, but if the Finns score the next goal, it may not matter.

Radolov may make mistakes in judgement trying to get under the other team's skin, but at least he plays with fire.

Putin has tried to put the fix in ? Link

Putin has tried to put the fix in ? Link

Just guessing... pure Ecklund... Malkin didn't show up till late in the 3rd. Ovechkin's fly byes were pathetic. Agreed they didn't play as a team. Too bad, the fans sounded like Buffalo fans when Darcy was here. The Russian coach seemed equally passive. Someone needed to light a fire under this team, but I didn't see it despite all that talent.

I think to beat the Finns, you have to play a very disciplined game and forecheck the daylights out of them. Neither of those is a strong point of Russia's.

I heard one of the NBC commentators mention in the 3rd period "You can bet the Finns were watching the U.S team strategy against Russia, and taking pointers" or something to that effect.

well im rooting for the finnish flash :D

So Sweden/Finland with the winner in the gold medal game.

that was somewhat expected no ?

Usually the two teams less talked about, always is about USA, Canada and Russia for gold, and these two are labeled as outsiders.

But their lineups have been as good as the others for years now.

Edited by Heimdall

Wonder how many of the Russia players will follow Ovie to the US embassy to try and get US citizenship since they won't be permitted back in Russia anymore. I was waiting for the fans to turn in that game or for Putin to come running out in front of the Russian army after the game ended to proclaim the Olympic games over and for everyone to get out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.