BUF (5-15-1) at TOR (11-7-1) – NOV 16 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, CBCWGR-AM

Sabres can sweep home-and-home vs. Maple Leafs

Sabres top Maple Leafs in Nolan's debut

Sabres beat Leafs in Ted Nolan’s debut, look like new team

Digital Press Box Game Preview: 11/16/13 at Toronto

Leafs Acquire Holland, Staubitz From Anaheim

SABRES GO FOR THREE IN A ROW

Holland will play for Maple Leafs after trade

Randy Carlyle Pre-Game Presser (11/16/13)

#TMLTalk Game Day Preview - 11/16/13 (11/16/13)

Ted Nolan Pre-Game Interview (11/16/13)

May and Dunleavy Game Preview

Sabres-Leafs Game Notes PDF (11/16/13)

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

Matt MoulsonCody HodgsonDrew Stafford

Steve OttZemgus GirgensonsTyler Ennis

Marcus FolignoVille LeinoBrian Flynn

John ScottCody McCormickCorey Tropp

Tyler MyersHenrik Tallinder

Christian EhrhoffMark Pysyk

Rasmus RistolainenJamie McBain

Ryan Miller

Jhonas Enroth

Scratched: Mikhail Grigorenko, Johan Larsson, Nikita Zadorov

Injured: Mike Weber (broken thumb)

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Mikhail Grigorenko, Johan Larsson and Nikita Zadorov in Friday's 3-1 win versus Toronto. Mike

Weber (thumb) returned to practice on Monday and remains day-to-day as he awaits medical clearance.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Lineup

James van RiemsdykPeter HollandPhil Kessel

Mason RaymondTrevor SmithDavid Clarkson

Joffrey LupulJay McClementNikolai Kulemin

Frazer McLarenJerred SmithsonColton Orr

Carl GunnarssonDion Phaneuf

Jake GardinerCody Franson

Mark FraserPaul Ranger

James Reimer

Jonathan Bernier

Scratched: Morgan Rielly, Carter Ashton, Nazem Kadri (suspended)

Injured: Dave Bolland (cut tendon), Tyler Bozak (hamstring)

Lineup News & Notes

Toronto scratched Troy Bodie, Nazem Kadri (suspended) and Morgan Rielly in Friday's 3-1 loss at Buffalo. Dave

Bolland (ankle) and Tyler Bozak (hamstring) remain inactive, while Kadri serves game two of his suspension.

BZNeoSqCEAAXFfa.jpg

If we win one today that's three in a row. That's what they call a winning streak. It has happened before.

This is a tougher game because we obviously will have a little dip in the emotions. The leafs still have three injured centers so let us hope we can exploit that weakness and continue working hard. Let's go Buffalo.

It is a wonderful feeling to be excited again for game night...I have had some pretty lackluster emotions as of late regarding the Sabres. I have been giddy since everything has happened with the team this week and last night's game was invigorating! I am just looking forward to continued, sincere effort with each player hustling on every play. As stated in previous threads, these changes have provided Buffalo with a fresh, breath of hope...and I am breathing in as deep as I can!

I agree with LGR...I think we will have a dip in emotions, so I predict a slower game by our boys. Hopefully, smart and sound hockey will compensate for that. I am thinking it will be another low scoring game, but Jhonas will come up just as big as Miller tonight.

Let's go Buff-a-lo.

Everything seems new. The team is 1-0-0 and only upper management is 5-15-1 for allowing that abortion of a staff an entire quarter season. I don't even harbor ill will toward Stafford. :D

That said, it's still a team without much scoring and without distributing centers, so the early trend of 1 and 2 goal games may continue. But there was more compete in yesterday's game than the first 20 combined.

@mirtle

Leafs give up Blacker and two 2014 picks for Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz. Looking for some forward depth here - Holland can play centre.

@coreypronman

Peter Holland was my #9 ANA prospect in the summer. Write up here: http://www.puckprosp...rticleid=1583 …

@TSNBobMcKenzie

I would imagine Holland, a highly-skilled centre, will get a good chance to show what he has for injury-riddled TOR.

@BuffNewsVogl

Toronto acquires former first-round pick Peter Holland, and the center will play tonight against the Sabres. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=106825 …

Take another look at Nolan's lines.

Could you get any more of a traditional four-line set-up with this group of players?

Hockey isn't that complicated. Teddy gets that.

Ted Nolan hockey.

It will work even with this motley crew.

Although, I want Grigorenko in there somewhere, sometime soon.

Archived