Thank you Terry and Ted

Ghost of Dwight Drane

wait...... this is serious?

Ha!

Ted Black has no idea how much easier his job just got. He and Terry don't fully understand what this community has been through and the detail which with dozens of examples of mistrust have been amplified by some fans, myself included.

Much like I felt with Gailey and Nix with the Bills, I feel there is such an honest stewardship in key positions now that there is nothing to do but focus on positive energy. I can accept downspells, and mistakes, and losses.....because I know the guts of these guys. I also know that if there is a real problem up top, Lafontaine won't stay. He will accept suggestions on what color paint to use, and which room should be decorated first.....but he WILL NOT let his painting hand be held.

Again. Thank you Ted and Terry. If I see Ted next Thursday I will convey my gratitude in person.

There is no room for negativity any longer. I am here for my team that has finally been freed from 2 decades of oppression.

GO SABRES!!!

You don't have my permission to use my affirmation.

But it'll be interesting to see how long your new mantra of "no negativity" lasts. I give it a week.

GO SABRES!!!

HOORAH!!!! Pat LaFontaine BLEEDS blue and gold - this is a great day for the Sabres!

I couldn't agree more. I'm sure some might not be happy about Ted coming back but I'm more than thrilled with him coming back. I met Ted in Las Vegas after the Kings Colorado game and he deserves another shot at coaching in the NHL. I liked him when he coached the Sabres.

You don't have my permission to use my affirmation.

But it'll be interesting to see how long your new mantra of "no negativity" lasts. I give it a week.

GO SABRES!!!

The proof will be in the pudding! I'm actually a bit in shock. It will all sink in Friday when I tune in at 7:00 and for the first time in 7 years with 100% sincerity yell out..."F THE LEAFS!!!"

It's over baby.....it's finally over.

Sorry for the trademark infringement....this is probably more apropos.....

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!

And there it is ...

... the turd in the punch bowl .........

I'm just as pleased as the rest of you that Regier is gone ...but I'd be even more pleased if Lafontaine cast aside some of the driftwood on this team this week. The word "compete' is not

present in some of our player's vocabulary and Nolan can't drag out what ain't there ...

There is no room for negativity any longer. I am here for my team that has finally been freed from 2 decades of oppression.

GO SABRES!!!

I really like Rolston. I wish him the best.

Good luck Darcy. My guess is he takes a job in the league offices.

There is no celebration in anyone's misery. There is celebration however for the trust and freedom that has been installed.

I bet you don't remember when he got into a fist fight and smashed the video monitor after the John Leclaire phantom goal. He aint got no friends in the league office.

The proof will be in the pudding! I'm actually a bit in shock. It will all sink in Friday when I tune in at 7:00 and for the first time in 7 years with 100% sincerity yell out..."F THE LEAFS!!!"

It's over baby.....it's finally over.

Sorry for the trademark infringement....this is probably more apropos.....

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!

What the hell, have at it. "Let's Go Buffalo!!!" can be cumbersome to type after every post and it's not an affirmation if you just make it your signature.

Seriously, how much patience are you gonna have for these kids as they make you want to rip your hair out half the time?

Embrace the patience, GoDD. Or is it now Ghost of the Ghost of Dwight Drane?

GO SABRES!!!

I bet you don't remember when he got into a fist fight and smashed the video monitor after the John Leclaire phantom goal. He aint got no friends in the league office.

I didn't think of it, but I do remember seeing him screaming up in the replay booth. Now that would be a good clip to find.

What about thank you Darcy and Ron?

Like when Ruff was fired I feel no joy in this.

Darcy did the best he could for a long time. His best just was not good enough. For the first time in a long time he will not be going to his office this morning and last night he faced his family as an unemployed man. I've been there. It's tough.

As for Ron. Thrown to the wolves and placed in a hopeless situation. He deserved better.

I'll say it ...

Thank you Darcy and Ron.

Good man.

There is no celebration in anyone's misery. There is celebration however for the trust and freedom that has been installed.

Right on.

It sucks the venom out. The toxicity level almost disappears. I really don't understand how anybody can boo this team anymore. The arena just got Febrezed.

And this.

The FN Centre will explode when Nolan walks behind that bench for the first time, again, Friday. It'll be like an exorcism. If they introduce Lafontaine at the same time...watch out fabled "Buffalo curse"...you'll be blasted back into the void for a while.

And this too!!

Let's Go BUFFALO!!!

And most of all -- this!!

I'm just as pleased as the rest of you that Regier is gone ...but I'd be even more pleased if Lafontaine cast aside some of the driftwood on this team this week. The word "compete' is not

present in some of our player's vocabulary and Nolan can't drag out what ain't there ...

I think team-wide accountability just got increased about 10x.

What about thank you Darcy and Ron?

Like when Ruff was fired I feel no joy in this.

Darcy did the best he could for a long time. His best just was not good enough. For the first time in a long time he will not be going to his office this morning and last night he faced his family as an unemployed man. I've been there. It's tough.

As for Ron. Thrown to the wolves and placed in a hopeless situation. He deserved better.

I'll say it ...

Thank you Darcy and Ron.

Good post.

What the hell, have at it. "Let's Go Buffalo!!!" can be cumbersome to type after every post and it's not an affirmation if you just make it your signature.

Seriously, how much patience are you gonna have for these kids as they make you want to rip your hair out half the time?

Embrace the patience, GoDD. Or is it now Ghost of the Ghost of Dwight Drane?

GO SABRES!!!

I wrote last night that this is the first time I wouldn't want to GM this team. For the past 7 years....I thought there was enough here to be competitive and turn it around in fairly short order.

As a builder of a champion, I don't envy Lafontaine (by the way...autocorrect always changes this to a small "l").....we will not be a true Stanley Cup contender for the next 3 years at least in my opinion. That's what is sad. We reached critical mass of suckitude.

I respect both Patty and Nolan as people, men, and hockey-wise. Sometimes you need to have a nasty side...and they do, but it is part of what makes them trustworthy. I don't trust people easily, but I feel I can read people very well. I give 100% support to Pat, and while long term I am not sure if Nolan can be "the guy", he has the same ability to see through people and know who is a man, who is clueless, who knows better but is slacking, and who looks good but is evil.

Pat corrected Pegula today and trounced on his line.....Nolan said he's going to look guys in the eye for "it". I have nothing to complain about, and I am as excited as I have been since 2006. Now maybe you think about keeping Ott and Miller. Now you know that Girgensons, and Zadorov, and Enroth will have an advocate and can maybe get to the leadership roles quicker. Now Weber can forget about the first 2 months and do his thing. Now Hodgson can decide if he wants to be a pretty boy or a leader.

God Bless Us Everyone!

Before everyone goes batsh it crazy on the new koolaid. I want to remind everyone that Nolans teams got outshot and got dominated on puck possesion last time he was here

Thank you Darcy and Ron.

Look at Girgenson, his work ethic. Nolan's reputation on hard work precedes him. If there is compete in the players on the roster, he should be able to bring it out. Let's enjoy the ride while Nolan is here, at least until we can see actual results, one way, or the other.

There's nothing new to say. Sorry I'm late to the party.

Thank you Lafontaine for accepting the job. Thank you Patty for bringing back Nolan. The fanbase is happy to have you back.

Considering the circumstances, Pegula did as well as any fan could do, and that isn't half bad. Lafontaine brings us a lot more knowledge, and Nolan brings us a lot more emotion, both things the franchise needed.

I absolutely love both hirees as men, and though my initial reaction was that the choices were a bit dumb, from the rational point of view, sports are different, and I sort of expect this to be positive, and definitely interesting.

I've been waiting a loooooooong time for this day. With that being said though I have no ill will towards Either DR or RR and I wish them both the best. Feel bad for Ron as he was put in a shittty position which I'll add he accepted but anyways good luck guys. Darcys had a good run. Time to move on.

On second thought, thank you Terry for firing Darcy and Rolston. It's not an easy job to fire someone, but you did it, and deserve credit for hiring replacements. If I was willing to give the owner emperor status then, I should give credit where credit might be due. We'll see...

Stay out of energy politics, please. Thank you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.