Thank you Terry and Ted

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I'm just as pleased as the rest of you that Regier is gone ...but I'd be even more pleased if Lafontaine cast aside some of the driftwood on this team this week. The word "compete' is not

present in some of our player's vocabulary and Nolan can't drag out what ain't there ...

It was a joke.

Sorry if I offended.

• 3 months later...

Ha!

Ted Black has no idea how much easier his job just got. He and Terry don't fully understand what this community has been through and the detail which with dozens of examples of mistrust have been amplified by some fans, myself included.

Much like I felt with Gailey and Nix with the Bills, I feel there is such an honest stewardship in key positions now that there is nothing to do but focus on positive energy. I can accept downspells, and mistakes, and losses.....because I know the guts of these guys. I also know that if there is a real problem up top, Lafontaine won't stay. He will accept suggestions on what color paint to use, and which room should be decorated first.....but he WILL NOT let his painting hand be held.

Again. Thank you Ted and Terry. If I see Ted next Thursday I will convey my gratitude in person.

Aaaaaaand...in before the lock....

Sorry for the double-post. Just wanted to confirm the fact that I'm GoDD's Soviet propagandist:

LaLa Land is the place where I’ve got unlimited bottles of Old Vienna, and have already got a good buzz on, but I never get too drunk. I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow in LaLa Land, except read the News and check out SabreSpace; so Patty LaFontaine, Ted Nolan and I can shoot the $#!+ until late in the night, and wake up feeling like we had some great conversations, got a lot off our chests, and see things in a new light. Patty sucks at pool, and Ted and I get a kick out of that, in LaLa Land.

In LaLa Land, there aren’t any non-disclosure agreements, and I never feel guilty about telling them everything. Like last year, about this day, Lindy Ruff had been fired, but Darcy Regier was still in office. Let me preface this by saying, that I’ve never had anything against either of those dudes. Lindy ain’t a bad coach, and Darcy ain’t a bad GM, but their time had run out, which is to say, that the foundation that they were standing on was sand, and they slipped through the hourglass.

So, about this time last year, I’d come to the conclusion that Pegula wasn’t actually a huge Sabre fan. I started looking into his past, all the way back to Carbondale, PA. In LaLa Land, it’s like a bar, so some pretty sketchy stuff comes to the surface. Turns out that Pegula’s dad was mining the anthracite that the Mafia controlled. The boss was Russell Bufalino. There were indistinguishable ties to Buffalo. “Your should google Bufalino,” I told Patty. Can you imagine that a mafia boss named Bufalino based in the anthracite mines of Northern PA, would seek to control a city in Western New York, that needs anthracite to smelt steel. “No way,” Patty said. “This is a book for someone else,” I told them, but the man that we know as the owner of the Buffalo Sabres was formed solid in that environment, got his start under Buffalino, and that man was set in the direction of natural gas and that direction headed back to Buffalo.

So, about this non-disclosure agreement, I suppose that takes precedence over truth, and that’s all well and good. I realize that I just need a better contract that’ll supersede the current contracts. I’ve got to hire the better liar, to make enough money to hire the lawyers. I’m thinking of selling drugs in LaLa Land, but it may take a lot more than that. Possibly prostitutes. Possibly dual-purpose child sex-slaves, because I they’d be happier doing chores between sessions. I’ll have to rely heavily on the non-disclosure agreements till we can fashion a better contractual agreement. Something below the truth is what I’m aiming for in LaLa Land, and the further the better.

They got a contract. #nowayout. Unless we pull a Ukraine on Yanukovich Terry, in which case, who will play Putin? My guess is that Warren Buffet’s been waiting for the right opportunity to own a hockey team. Why else would he have bought the Buffalo News? As you can imagine, things can get pretty far out there in LaLa Land. Thanks Patty, for buying the last round.

Sorry for the double-post. Just wanted to confirm the fact that I'm GoDD's Soviet propagandist:

LaLa Land is the place where I’ve got unlimited bottles of Old Vienna, and have already got a good buzz on, but I never get too drunk. I’ve got nothing to do tomorrow in LaLa Land, except read the News and check out SabreSpace; so Patty LaFontaine, Ted Nolan and I can shoot the $#!+ until late in the night, and wake up feeling like we had some great conversations, got a lot off our chests, and see things in a new light. Patty sucks at pool, and Ted and I get a kick out of that, in LaLa Land.

In LaLa Land, there aren’t any non-disclosure agreements, and I never feel guilty about telling them everything. Like last year, about this day, Lindy Ruff had been fired, but Darcy Regier was still in office. Let me preface this by saying, that I’ve never had anything against either of those dudes. Lindy ain’t a bad coach, and Darcy ain’t a bad GM, but their time had run out, which is to say, that the foundation that they were standing on was sand, and they slipped through the hourglass.

So, about this time last year, I’d come to the conclusion that Pegula wasn’t actually a huge Sabre fan. I started looking into his past, all the way back to Carbondale, PA. In LaLa Land, it’s like a bar, so some pretty sketchy stuff comes to the surface. Turns out that Pegula’s dad was mining the anthracite that the Mafia controlled. The boss was Russell Bufalino. There were indistinguishable ties to Buffalo. “Your should google Bufalino,” I told Patty. Can you imagine that a mafia boss named Bufalino based in the anthracite mines of Northern PA, would seek to control a city in Western New York, that needs anthracite to smelt steel. “No way,” Patty said. “This is a book for someone else,” I told them, but the man that we know as the owner of the Buffalo Sabres was formed solid in that environment, got his start under Buffalino, and that man was set in the direction of natural gas and that direction headed back to Buffalo.

So, about this non-disclosure agreement, I suppose that takes precedence over truth, and that’s all well and good. I realize that I just need a better contract that’ll supersede the current contracts. I’ve got to hire the better liar, to make enough money to hire the lawyers. I’m thinking of selling drugs in LaLa Land, but it may take a lot more than that. Possibly prostitutes. Possibly dual-purpose child sex-slaves, because I they’d be happier doing chores between sessions. I’ll have to rely heavily on the non-disclosure agreements till we can fashion a better contractual agreement. Something below the truth is what I’m aiming for in LaLa Land, and the further the better.

They got a contract. #nowayout. Unless we pull a Ukraine on Yanukovich Terry, in which case, who will play Putin? My guess is that Warren Buffet’s been waiting for the right opportunity to own a hockey team. Why else would he have bought the Buffalo News? As you can imagine, things can get pretty far out there in LaLa Land. Thanks Patty, for buying the last round.

Beats anything I've said here I think!

Uncle Vito is old school...."Hey, you wanna make a few dollars doin dis or dat....go rydahead....but there are some really sick puttanas these days. There used to be some decency...a code......you wouldn't think of protecting some degenerate no matter how much cash was involved.... You'd stop it yourself....Ahhh...you and your friends be careful on that interweb. The world's gone pazzo."

I asked him about coal, and he goes, "Cole Hamels?...no pitch for 2 weeks."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.