New President of Hockey Operations, Presser @10:30 a.m.

spndnchz

Yeah, his statement was something that many of us agree with... He said players that young don't learn by losing every night. Makes sense to me. Better they develop elsewhere until they're ready to play an "NHL-level game" on a nightly basis.

I'd send Risto to Rochester, Z back to London, and maybe Girgs back to Rochester in favor of one of the older guys. Grigo is a tough case. No way in hell he should have been kept with the Sabres last year. Now he is sort of stuck up here it seems. Can't be sent to Rochester, which is where he really belongs.

Grigo should go back down under the condition he's only on the "energy" line. Learn to hit and clear the zone. He's a goal scorer for sure but won't get anywhere if he doesn't learn how to check (of any kind).

Grigs can't be sent down to Rochester! I thought it was junior or nothing. Zadorov needs to go back to London and Risto needs time in Rochester.

Fair points. I wonder if that is why Zadarov sat to that Nolan could evaluate him for 2 more games before sending him back.

Give Teddy a few games to see what they've got, first.

But if he doesn't see what he needs to see, I have no problem seeing Porter, Adam, Sulzer and McNabb instead of Risto, Larsson, Girgs and Zadorov. The latter three are probably going to be better for it, and it's not like the Sabres are going to be any worse.

But for God sakes put Grigo in a position to succeed.

I'm not a fan of Porter or Sulzer but I would rather the youngsters get a ton of ice in whatever league they get sent back down to and learn the game and improve there before coming back to the NHL. Did I happen to mention how happy I am that Regier and Rolston are finally gone! I have been wanting Pegs to get rid of Regier since he took the team over. Don't get me wrong he got a lot of value out of some the players he recently traded the last 2 seasons but he was here way too long and his tenure on this team was getting old.

Yeah, his statement was something that many of us agree with... He said players that young don't learn by losing every night. Makes sense to me. Better they develop elsewhere until they're ready to play an "NHL-level game" on a nightly basis.

I'd send Risto to Rochester, Z back to London, and maybe Girgs back to Rochester in favor of one of the older guys. Grigo is a tough case. No way in hell he should have been kept with the Sabres last year. Now he is sort of stuck up here it seems. Can't be sent to Rochester, which is where he really belongs.

More of a reason why Darcy should have been let go sooner. Never really addressed any of the Center needs until way too late! Edited by SabresBillsFan

Grigo should go back down under the condition he's only on the "energy" line. Learn to hit and clear the zone. He's a goal scorer for sure but won't get anywhere if he doesn't learn how to check (of any kind).

There's a 0% chance a junior coach allows an NHL club to make him play an elite player (at the junior level, anyway) on an energy line. None.

The page has been turned:

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres fans. Feel free to pinch yourself. Today is real. #NewEra #Blueprint

Ouch. Way to burn the guys that just got fired. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the move but that's a little too happy of what they did.

Agreed. Really douchey tweet from the team there.

Plus, they haven't done anything yet. Hiring two fan favorites from the 90s doesn't automatically turn the team around.

I kind of feel a sadness today for people like DeLuca and PA Fan. What will they have to rail about now? Kind of like the dog who catches the car. What do you do now?

PTR

I feel sadness for you. All these compelling things to discuss and you'd rather take a swipe at two random folks on a message board.

More of a reason why Darcy should have been let go sooner. Never really addressed any of the Center needs until way too late!

But Ennis and Gerbe is/was a center I thought??? :wallbash:

There's a 0% chance a junior coach allows an NHL club to make him play an elite player (at the junior level, anyway) on an energy line. None.

Well either way, he's either going to own the QHL or do nothing at the pro level. Neither is really beneficial.

Edited by ROC Sabres

I kind of feel a sadness today for people like DeLuca and PA Fan. What will they have to rail about now? Kind of like the dog who catches the car. What do you do now?

PTR

I feel sadness for posters like yourself who feel myself, PA and others "rail" for the sake of "railing." You should man-up and admit that posters like PA and myself were right and have been for a long time.

Today is not a happy day. it's a day that reminds us all of the time wasted under the Regier regime. At this time it is best to leave the vast mistakes of the Regier era in the past. What happened in the Regier era stays in the Regier era.

As a fan I am looking forward to see what direction the team takes.

Craig Button just said on NHL Live the Sabres should send Risto to Finland, Girgs to Roch, and Baby Z to London since none of them are NHL ready.

I saw this as well and I hope the Sabres go in this direction. Let the younger players play in situations where they can experience success while the new management team weeds out those veteran players that have found less than full efforts acceptable.

I know he can't be sent back down to Rochester. I meant the QHL which he can be sent to still.... I believe.

He doesnt get any better in the OHL.....He is gonna have to learn up here or he is gonna be a bust..Unfortunately he is past the point of no return....He was a victim of Darcy never addressing the Center position and he was a roll of the dice to fix a spot....Life isnt fair some times this is one of those situations...Be a man or be a mouse at this point...

I feel sadness for posters like yourself who feel myself, PA and others "rail" for the sake of "railing." You should man-up and admit that posters like PA and myself were right and have been for a long time.

Today is not a happy day. it's a day that reminds us all of the time wasted under the Regier regime. At this time it is best to leave the vast mistakes of the Regier era in the past. What happened in the Regier era stays in the Regier era.

As a fan I am looking forward to see what direction the team takes.

Amen!

I think this is what bothers me most about failed executives/coaches turned commentator. I'd honestly rather read critiques from people who have never had the job than from those who had it and blew chunks.

Top 10 Worst Mike Milbury Trades, Contracts, and Transactions

He should just zip it with this shameful record.

He doesnt get any better in the OHL.....He is gonna have to learn up here or he is gonna be a bust..Unfortunately he is past the point of no return....He was a victim of Darcy never addressing the Center position and he was a roll of the dice to fix a spot....Life isnt fair some times this is one of those situations...Be a man or be a mouse at this point...

I agree but we have too many mice already. I echo your "victim of Darcy"

I'm sure I'll get some crap for this, but, and I don't know why, I'm really not that excited. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it happened, but I'm more pumped about Rolston getting replaced than Regier. No clue why, I guess it's because I haven't been alive long enough to appreciate the ######-storm history of DR, so I don't know any better. I've only ever been able to compare Captain Shitacular to his own work, which seemed to be getting better recently.

This could probably encapsulate the last 17 years. Start at 4:00, DR was one hell of a shitipillar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQW04AQ_Ok

Edited by WildCard

Craig Button just said on NHL Live the Sabres should send Risto to Finland, Girgs to Roch, and Baby Z to London since none of them are NHL ready.

Risto to Rochester makes more sense. He needs to learn north American speed n style. Game is faster here. Outside of that. .. I agree.... Surprise!!!!!

Also Mike Milbury is such a joke he could tell me its raining while I stand outside naked getting drenched and I wouldn't believe him. He hates Buffalo and will criticize us always... I hope LaFontaine kicks his ass when he sees him.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.