How many Sabres fans are there in the US?

Hoss

I traveled alot around the US while in the Army. There are plenty of Bills and Sabres fans out there. Most are ex WNY types. I would say outside WNY half a million fans. Have a small group (100 plus) here in Indy of ex WNYers and they are more Bills fans but Sabres are followed.

Why only the US?

Canada = ? ... there are a number of Canucks on this board. Probably in the thousands anyway. I am one of two board members (not counting Aud, who really isn't in NS) from NS.

How about Europe ?

I wasn't wondering about elsewhere. That's why I didn't ask, but anybody have an answer for him?

Gallup has done polling asking people if they're a hockey fan/if hockey is their favorite sport. That could give an idea of about how many hockey fans there are in the U.S. But how do you determine what percentage of hockey fans are Sabres fans? Giving each team 1/30th of the total would be a starting point.

Just out of curiosity I went to Sabres' Facebook page. There were about 350,000 likes. By comparison, the NY Rangers have over a million.

Well if we knew how many Rangers fans there are, you could use that ratio as a guide. Anybody have the Rangers' figure handy? :)

Another fun fact is that the Sharls have over 500,000, but I have to believe that the percentage of their fans that also would like them on Facebook is near 100%. Whereas with Buffalo fans I'm guessing it is more like 7.8%.

Archived