How many Sabres fans are there in the US?

Hoss

I'd say somewhere between half a million and 1.5 million varying on how the Sabres are doing.

I base this on the Sabres having nearly a hegemony over WNY, along with a reasonable amount of fans in Windsor.

Plus they have the many people who have left WNY but still root for the Sabres. (For example the many WNY transplants in Florida.)

Lastly, in good years while the Leafs were bad I wouldn't be surprised if some defected temporarily.

As for the Bills, they likely have about 2 million + seeing as we get most of Ontario's NFL fans who don't just jump in a bandwagon.

I'd say somewhere between half a million and 1.5 million varying on how the Sabres are doing.

I base this on the Sabres having nearly a hegemony over WNY, along with a reasonable amount of fans in Windsor.

Plus they have the many people who have left WNY but still root for the Sabres. (For example the many WNY transplants in Florida.)

Lastly, in good years while the Leafs were bad I wouldn't be surprised if some defected temporarily.

As for the Bills, they likely have about 2 million + seeing as we get most of Ontario's NFL fans who don't just jump in a bandwagon.

I would go off viewership, the bills are way over 2 million. I would bet the sabres are close to 2 million fans. That is people when asked who their favorite hockey team is would respond with the Sabres. Either because they have family from Buffalo or they are from there. I am in the Aiorce and I have met hundreds of Buffalo sports fans over the last 5 years. My squadron is only ~100 people and there have been about 15 people over 5 years who are Sabres and Bills fans.

http://jesgolbez.blogspot.com/2008/02/just-how-many-fans-does-nhl-have.html

Going off that Study where they claim to have 50 million North American fans, which people say is crap. I would bet they have somewhere around 60 million worldwide fans. I would also bet the Sabres have at least 1/30th of that.

Also the Bills are easily over 2 Million. This study has 55 million responding as very interested I would bet NFL fans are closer to 200 million. With how good the Bills were in the 90s I would bet the Bills were somewhere in the 3-5 Million range.

Archived