Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

Who does TankNation cheer for in this game?

Personally i want the islanders to start sucking enough to draft in top 5 this year wanting to keep their 1st round pick.

With luck no Vanek and Moulson with them next year and their pick ends up top 3 in 2015.

All your picks are belong to us :)

Overtime's not a bad option, but Calgary winning is better. Calgary's a little closer to us in the standings, so we could use some more buffer, and it's in our interest to see the NYI sucks both this year and next to maximize that 1st rounder in any possible circumstance. We want Calgary to pick up two points, which will give both the Flames and Panthers an opportunity to surpass the Islanders.

He really doesn't deserve it, just like many of the whipping boys here (and on the Bills) that don't deserve alot of what they get from the fans.

Vanek didn't ask to be dealt to the Islanders, and didn't ask them to give up what they did to get him. He came over and has done his job and played well for them. He said he would be open to re-signing with them in the offseason, he just didn't like the offer they made to him (which is rumored to basically be basically what his current deal is).

If they want to give someone a piece of their mind, it should be directed squarely at Snow for paying what he did AND not making a move to shore up their biggest weakness which is in net.

I don't think this is really the case. He wasn't going to resign with them under any realistic set of circumstances -- i.e. he might've done so for an offer that was 30% better than he expects to get elsewhere this summer (i.e. 8 years x $10MM), but not for anything in the ballpark of what he will be offered by other teams.

I'm really curious what Snow ends up with for Vanek. He needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat now.

I'm still thinking Vancouver or possibly LA. I could see a third team like the Sabres getting involved by taking on a salary like Davis Booth's. The Sabres maybe moving Stafford to the Islanders and receiving Booth and a mid round pick in return. Vancouver also gets Vanek while the Islanders pick up a prospect and picks from the Canucks to go with Stafford.

I don't think this is really the case. He wasn't going to resign with them under any realistic set of circumstances -- i.e. he might've done so for an offer that was 30% better than he expects to get elsewhere this summer (i.e. 8 years x $10MM), but not for anything in the ballpark of what he will be offered by other teams.

He said before that he was enjoying himself playing for the Islanders and would not rule out re-signing, but I believe that in order for him to re-sign without testing FA, the Islanders would ahve had to make a really good offer to him which it sounds like they didn't by just offering him a similar contract to what he has now.

He said before that he was enjoying himself playing for the Islanders and would not rule out re-signing, but I believe that in order for him to re-sign without testing FA, the Islanders would ahve had to make a really good offer to him which it sounds like they didn't by just offering him a similar contract to what he has now.

How fu@ked up would it be if Vanek signed with the Oilers in the off season? I know it makes no sense, but I would end up hating Regier even more if he did.

Overtime's not a bad option, but Calgary winning is better. Calgary's a little closer to us in the standings, so we could use some more buffer, and it's in our interest to see the NYI sucks both this year and next to maximize that 1st rounder in I any possible circumstance. We want Calgary to pick up two points, which will give both the Flames and Panthers an opportunity to surpass the Islanders.

i think we can stop worrying about Calgary and Edmonton. The worse team in hockey is real close to getting a lot worse.

Friday will be a fun day for sure because something is going down before the freeze.

As I've become more and more used to disappointment with these types of "events" I don't expect much to go down. I could definitely see Sam Gagner going to LA as those talks have been loud today, but other than that I don't see any reason for teams not to wait.

As I've become more and more used to disappointment with these types of "events" I don't expect much to go down. I could definitely see Sam Gagner going to LA as those talks have been loud today, but other than that I don't see any reason for teams not to wait.

WE are doing something I believe tomorrow if not right now or the next three hours.

Ya I'm in this boat. Maybe it's that I've been so disappointed in the past. I don't get my hopes too high now but would love to see one piece moved in the next 24 hours. I don't want to leave all of our untraded players to the deadline and then try and make three big moves that day.

Ya I'm in this boat. Maybe it's that I've been so disappointed in the past. I don't get my hopes too high now but would love to see one piece moved in the next 24 hours. I don't want to leave all of our untraded players to the deadline and then try and make three big moves that day.

Precisely.

How fu@ked up would it be if Vanek signed with the Oilers in the off season? I know it makes no sense, but I would end up hating Regier even more if he did.

Meh, It would be funny if he did, but I don't think I could get mad at Regier for it now. I would question Vanek and the Oilers front offices sanity/reasoning. Last thing the Oilers need is another forward

What your bars close at 2am ? that is sad man

Just some samples:

Binghamton NY: 1AM Sunday-Thursday, 3AM Friday and Saturday

Ithaca NY: 1AM (including sales at grocery stores and whatnot), bars can stay open until 2AM without selling (which is a nice system)

St Mary's County, Maryland: 2AM (might have been 1AM on school nights, I forget)

Philly area: 2AM

NYC: 4AM

Bar times I've determined by being kicked out of bars at bar time:

Buffalo: 4AM

Albuquerque, NM: 2AM

San Diego, CA: 2AM

Los Angeles, CA: 2AM

Berkeley, CA: 2AM

Madison, WI: 2AM

Milwaukee, WI 2AM

Minneapolis, MN: 2AM

Chicago, IL: 2AM

Orlando, FL: 2AM

Cocoa Beach, FL: 2AM

Grand Junction, CO: 2AM

Las Vegas, NV: N/A

Savannah, GA: 2AM

Boston, MA: 2AM

Providence, RI: 2AM

Princeton, NJ: 2AM

Philadelphia, PA: 2AM

Pittsburgh, PA: 2AM

Cleveland, OH: 2:30AM

Bar times I've determined by being kicked out of bars at bar time:

Buffalo: 4AM

Albuquerque, NM: 2AM

San Diego, CA: 2AM

Los Angeles, CA: 2AM

Berkeley, CA: 2AM

Madison, WI: 2AM

Milwaukee, WI 2AM

Minneapolis, MN: 2AM

Chicago, IL: 2AM

Orlando, FL: 2AM

Cocoa Beach, FL: 2AM

Grand Junction, CO: 2AM

Las Vegas, NV: N/A

Savannah, GA: 2AM

Boston, MA: 2AM

Providence, RI: 2AM

Princeton, NJ: 2AM

Philadelphia, PA: 2AM

Pittsburgh, PA: 2AM

Cleveland, OH: 2:30AM

Wait, you remember all of this? Either you're lying or I've just lost a bunch of respect for your drinking :P

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Wait, you remember all of this? Either you're lying or I've just lost a bunch of respect for your drinking :P

It wasn't for a lack of effort, trust me. I just don't get blackout drunk that often. I have a graduate degree from Playboy's #1 party school, which has bestowed upon me a super-human tolerance. Especially for beer. So I really can't drink enough beer by 2AM to cause memory loss. It's a blessing and a curse.

Sometimes, if I don't eat dinner and I start drinking at like 4pm, I'll be shitfaced by bar time. We used to do that in Madison. Pound beers from about 4 until 7pm at happy hour, then go to the Badger hockey game until 9:30, then pub crawl down State St, ending up at the Essen Haus around 11pm, then pound 2 liter glass boots of Spaten Optimator and dance to live polka music for three hours. That would usually do it, but I'd still remember where I was.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.