Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Michael Dal Colle: 31g, 39a, 70pts, 48gp which comes out to: 44g, 55a, 99pts in 68games

Sam Bennett: 27g, 41a, 68pts, 41gp which comes out to: 44g, 68a, 112pts in 68games

Sam Reinhart: 24g, 37a, 61pts, 38gp which comes out to: 43g, 66a, 109pts in 68games

Above you will find the predictions for a full 68 game junior season from some of the top prospects. For those who have played additional games I have adjusted those numbers. I also added in Jake Virtanen.

Michael Dal Colle: 32g, 42a, 74pts, 52gp = 42g, 55a, 97pts, 68gp

Sam Bennett: 28g, 47a, 75pts, 45gp = 42g, 71a, 113pts, 68gp

Sam Reinhart: 25g, 45a, 70pts, 41gp = 41g, 75a, 116pts, 68gp

Jake Virtanen: 32g, 18a, 50pts, 53gp = 41g, 23a, 64pts, 68gp

That is the update from the last time I did this. Sometime after the Olympics perhaps I will do it again for fun.

We'll be working on McDavid/Eichel with our own pick next year.

What if the Islanders defer. Next year we suck again and finish last by a couple of points. The Islanders finish 4/5th and win the lottery. We then draft 1st and 2nd overall. McDavid and Eichel become Buffalo Sabres... #winning

Edited by LGR4GM

What if the Islanders defer. Next year we suck again and finish last by a couple of points. The Islanders finish 4/5th and win the lottery. We then draft 1st and 2nd overall. McDavid and Eichel become Buffalo Sabres... #winning

I prefer that the Isles defer, too. I'm just saying them deferring doesn't end the chase.

Above you will find the predictions for a full 68 game junior season from some of the top prospects. For those who have played additional games I have adjusted those numbers. I also added in Jake Virtanen.

That is the update from the last time I did this. Sometime after the Olympics perhaps I will do it again for fun.

I literally think something crazy like that is going to happen. I also think we will have so many picks that if we do get the first I think we can package enough to have the second as well.

Islanders must consider passing on top-5 draft pick

This article is written as if the Islanders have right up until their pick to decide to defer, which we heard from TM yesterday isn't true (at least as far as he understands it).

Worth a read anyway and touches on prospects outside of the top 3.

. Nice article, thanks for the link. I have to agree with him too; I can't see the islanders deferring to next year with this one being so poor. Which, TBH is up settling because I'm not sure anyone outside the top3 is really going to be worth giving up a shot at eichel and mcdavid next year. And typing on a phone blows

Not that it probably makes a major difference, but is there a way to show primary assists vs secondary assists? points are points but i feel like a primary assist is worth a little more than a secondary on most goals, so i was wondering if there was a huge primary/secondary ratio difference between the top guys anywhere

Not that it probably makes a major difference, but is there a way to show primary assists vs secondary assists? points are points but i feel like a primary assist is worth a little more than a secondary on most goals, so i was wondering if there was a huge primary/secondary ratio difference between the top guys anywhere

Sometimes the secondary assist is just as if not more important than the primary. That's why they don't separate them.

Islanders must consider passing on top-5 draft pick

This article is written as if the Islanders have right up until their pick to decide to defer, which we heard from TM yesterday isn't true (at least as far as he understands it).

Worth a read anyway and touches on prospects outside of the top 3.

It's amazing to me that there's so much confusion about this. How do they not know?

Guy has to learn all the ins and outs of the Sabres operations, the strengths, weaknesses, roles and futures of the 50-something employees working under him and the 50-something players in the system, analyze his roster, start implementing his own systems, methods and philosophies, figure out what to do about his pending UFAs, establish relationships with the other GMs, and deal with the media and corporate responsibilities that come with the job, just to state the broad-brush obvious.

Maybe the need to track down this one detail had risen to the top of his priority list yet.

Guy has to learn all the ins and outs of the Sabres operations, the strengths, weaknesses, roles and futures of the 50-something employees working under him and the 50-something players in the system, analyze his roster, start implementing his own systems, methods and philosophies, figure out what to do about his pending UFAs, establish relationships with the other GMs, and deal with the media and corporate responsibilities that come with the job, just to state the broad-brush obvious.

Maybe the need to track down this one detail had risen to the top of his priority list yet.

It would seriously take hi 30 seconds to find out. Probably less since all he has to do is ask someone to find out for him and then they could report back whenever. So maybe 10-15 seconds to ask?

Considering how valuable this asset is (theoretically), you think he'd ask. Even just out of curiosity.

It's weird.

It would take 30 seconds for me to find out when my next dentist appointment is too but until it's time to plan that week, there is no reason for me to go check.

Your next dentist appointment isn't tied to your job performance or career in any way. Understanding the assets that the team you're in charge of has seems fairly important.

You'd think on Day 1 he'd want to know what draft picks we have or don't have for the upcoming drafts.

I'm not blaming Murray for not finding out; I honestly think there's something goofy about this trade where neither the Sabres nor the Islanders are really sure based on how the trade was completed.

Your next dentist appointment isn't tied to your job performance or career in any way. Understanding the assets that the team you're in charge of has seems fairly important.

You'd think on Day 1 he'd want to know what draft picks we have or don't have for the upcoming drafts.

I'm not blaming Murray for not finding out; I honestly think there's something goofy about this trade where neither the Sabres nor the Islanders are really sure based on how the trade was completed.

He explicitly said they are scouting and planning as if they have the Islanders pick this year and that will continue until they know they don't.

He knows the timing isn't anytime soon, so knowing exactly when won't be important unless that pick comes up in trade talks.

Right now, knowing or not knowing the specific timing is not tied to his job performance at all. When he needs to know, he will ask.

I think you are reading way too much into this.

well I watched Reinhart stuff today... I think he's the guy if we draft 1st. His vision and skill are above Bennett's. I think Bennett is more of a natural goal scorer and I like his tenacity but Reinhart has an ability to process the game at speeds that reminds me of Chris Drury. Not saying that is who he will be or anything just some of his quick little plays and how he always finds himself in open space with the puck on his stick is definitely hockey IQ of a high level. He reads plays so well it actually impressed me.

Reinhart or bust*

The tanks are nearing the city walls

*A more kid-friendly word

I've always been pretty confident that SR goes #1 mainly because he was projected to go for a while now, even though statistically he tapered off a little I believe..

Good combination of hockey traits and I agree that he is a more balanced forward.and not so much a pure goalscorer from what little I've seen of him.

Edited by BuffaloBorn

Reinhart or bust*

The tanks are nearing the city walls

*A more kid-friendly word

I've always been pretty confident that SR goes #1 mainly because he was projected to go for a while now, even though statistically he tapered off a little I believe..

Good combination of hockey traits and I agree that he is a more balanced forward.and not so much a pure goalscorer from what little I've seen of him.

He has 11g-15a-26pts in 10 games since the WJC.

He has been involved in 41.7% of his team's goals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.