Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

If the Sabres lose one of the final three games in regulation it will be their 50th regulation loss. The franchise has never had more than 45 TOTAL (reg + OT) losses in a season...

Losing two of their last three would give the team a total of 60 losses.

I don't think when we're talking "history" you can count OT losses in the same way with the whole SO loss thing. So yes, this is a bad season. Probably the worst Sabres season ever. You don't need (questionable?) statistics to determine that. :)

You know what? I'll take another season of the same. I have enough going on that seeing the Sabres lose a bunch of games is fine with me as long as there can be some hope in the long run. I've watched 70+ games this year, and it's really not having the negative effect on my brain that I thought it would.

I don't think when we're talking "history" you can count OT losses in the same way with the whole SO loss thing. So yes, this is a bad season. Probably the worst Sabres season ever. You don't need (questionable?) statistics to determine that. :)

You know what? I'll take another season of the same. I have enough going on that seeing the Sabres lose a bunch of games is fine with me as long as there can be some hope in the long run. I've watched 70+ games this year, and it's really not having the negative effect on my brain that I thought it would.

How are those questionable statistics?...

How are those questionable statistics?...

The first is fine, the second is questionable. For the total losses in comparison to team history, you have to remove any SO losses since pre 2006, those would have been ties. If you like, you can remove the SO wins and make those ties too.

The first is fine, the second is questionable. For the total losses in comparison to team history, you have to remove any SO losses since pre 2006, those would have been ties. If you like, you can remove the SO wins and make those ties too.

Either way it's the most losses. When a schedule expand there is still a most goals record. They don't just ignore the games added on.

But... The team currently has 54 total losses not including the shootout. The most total losses not including the shootout are 44.

I wouldn't be shocked at all.

In other news: Craig McTavish, Oilers GM

http://www.nicholson...jd42zozdmcv84ea

I wouldn't expect a GM to say anything different. That said another thing to keep in mind with Edmonton is that Sam Gagner just isn't that good. I wouldn't be at all shocked if internally they think upgrading center is as much of a need as defense.

I wouldn't expect a GM to say anything different. That said another thing to keep in mind with Edmonton is that Sam Gagner just isn't that good. I wouldn't be at all shocked if internally they think upgrading center is as much of a need as defense.

I agree. Reinhart and Bennett may be too similar to the guys they already have, but Draisaitl is a different story.

Look at the way the league is going. That big body at the most important position will have a lot of scouts on a lot of teams looking at Leon very carefully.

There is no way, they don't draft Ekblad (he wont come out to say it though). Can you imagine the backlash by Oilers fans if they draft anyone else but him if he is on the board.

I'm not so sure losing out on the lottery really means much at this point. There doesn't seem to be much separation between the top guys. Without a clear cut #1 guy, I'll gladly take the 1st or 2nd pick.

Yeah, the top-4 draft prospects are all kind of bunched up. Between the three highest rated forwards each have strengths and weaknesses. I think it is simply a matter of which guy the GM thinks is a better fit for what he wants the team to be in the future. If we assume Bennett goes #1 overall, and given the Sabres only have a 25% chance of having the #1 overall pick, it then is a question of Reinhart or Draisatl. One is a playmaking distributor type, the other is a more physical goal scorer type. I think it is really up to what Murray thinks the team should be a few years down the road.

So he's this year's Halifax player who doesn't get drafted as early as you think he will?

No.

He is this year's Moosehead that I will hope beyond hope the Sabres will draft at some point and be pissed when they don't.

All the while posting in a loud voice my hope that he is drafted by the Sabres. I will try to contain myself and only post in this thread.

Hey, you didn't call me "homer" ... what gives?

EHLERS!!

No.

He is this year's Moosehead that I will hope beyond hope the Sabres will draft at some point and be pissed when they don't.

All the while posting in a loud voice my hope that he is drafted by the Sabres. I will try to contain myself and only post in this thread.

Hey, you didn't call me "homer" ... what gives?

EHLERS!!

Pretty Cool Stuff by the Mooseheads:

The interesting part out of the article to me was the talk about the defenders coming up and how they really need a 2nd line. Draisaitl is the perfect player for EDM's 2nd line. He adds size up the middle and Ganger can go to wing.

I'm not so sure losing out on the lottery really means much at this point. There doesn't seem to be much separation between the top guys. Without a clear cut #1 guy, I'll gladly take the 1st or 2nd pick.

I think I am leaning more and more this way. Reinhart is the smart one. Bennett the hard working one. Draisaitl is the largest one. Any of them would greatly help our anemic offense in different ways. Bennett may be the winger Girgensons or even Grigorenko needs. Hard to tell.

I agree. Reinhart and Bennett may be too similar to the guys they already have, but Draisaitl is a different story.

Look at the way the league is going. That big body at the most important position will have a lot of scouts on a lot of teams looking at Leon very carefully.

Curiosity, which guys they already have?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.