Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

In that case, thanks for getting people's hopes up for something more 18 months away that almost certainly won't happen anyway. Reminds me of getting excited about the "Buffalo Tower" artist renderings back in 2007: 01jh3.jpg

That looks like a Cannon design, all glass (I used to work there). It really doesn't fit into the rest of Buffalo's skyline though, I'd love to see something that complements the other deco buildings.

Loved to see him on this team...

Me too. I wish he was centre though.

Someone compared him to Alex Galchenyuk and I think that's spot on. He reminds me so much of him when I watch Dal Colle. Especially after Saturday's game where Galchenyuk scored and play well, I'd love having a player like that in our lineup.

Me too. I wish he was centre though.

Someone compared him to Alex Galchenyuk and I think that's spot on. He reminds me so much of him when I watch Dal Colle. Especially after Saturday's game where Galchenyuk scored and play well, I'd love having a player like that in our lineup.

We have so few who can score goals that I would take a winger or a center. If Dal Colle is available wherever we draft, I would hope the Sabres take him.

Reinhart is 8 months older than Dal Colle... interesting if you believe that younger players can actually project out to be better than their higher ranked older draft brethren

You really REALLY like Dal Colle, huh? I don't blame you. If I had the 1 and 2 picks in this year's draft and didn't need a dman, I'd take Reinhart and Dal Colle.

More bad boredom-induced photoshopping, this time Dal Colle (disclaimer: I know the Sabres don't wear blue helmets on the road):

2589pw6.png

Edited by DStebb

You really REALLY like Dal Colle, huh? I don't blame you. If I had the 1 and 2 picks in this year's draft and didn't need a dman, I'd take Reinhart and Dal Colle.

More bad boredom-induced photoshopping, this time Dal Colle (disclaimer: I know the Sabres don't wear blue helmets on the road):

2589pw6.png

Dal Colle looks like he just a hot girl in the stands... flashing him.

The Hot List: Answering Dal Colle

delcolle-640x427.jpg

Michael Dal Colle, LW – Oshawa Generals (OHL)

The Ontario League has been a bastion for high draft picks in recent years and the Greater Toronto Area has done more than its fair share of producing talent, from John Tavares and Steven Stamkos to Sean Monahan. Dal Colle is part of this year’s wave and coming from the northern Toronto suburb of Woodbridge, he’s obviously keen on the idea of the NHL expanding to nearby Markham.

“That would be pretty awesome, they’d get a great fan base,” he said. “When you look at Connor McDavid and Sam Bennett coming out of that area, there’s some pretty good players being developed up there.”

Currently third in OHL scoring with 22 goals and 54 points in 32 games, Dal Colle is a big winger with great hands and a strong creative streak. Improving on his rookie year physique was a big goal for him over the summer.

“I was determined in the off-season to get stronger,” he said. “Being a winger, I need to win the board battles and I’ve done a good job of doing that this year.”

And though he was producing right from the get-go, Dal Colle has been very happy that Philadelphia returned Scott Laughton to junior, as the pair has made sweet music on the ice together. That, in turn, has lifted up the Generals to first place in the Eastern Conference.

“We’ve got a good amount of creative players that I can play with,” Dal Colle said. “Obviously getting ‘Lotty’ back was a huge addition for us, not only on the ice, but off it as well. I found some chemistry with him early and hopefully we can keep going.”

Not with the first overall pick, that is Reinhart all day long, but if the Islanders somehow give us their first this season, then i think William Nylander is exactly the type of playmaker this team will need going forward. The offense is horrid and has no flow. Nylander is a playmaker and creates offense like no other in this draft class and has a real speed burst to his skating. Plays a similar style to Alex Ovechkin.

Not with the first overall pick, that is Reinhart all day long, but if the Islanders somehow give us their first this season, then i think William Nylander is exactly the type of playmaker this team will need going forward. The offense is horrid and has no flow. Nylander is a playmaker and creates offense like no other in this draft class and has a real speed burst to his skating. Plays a similar style to Alex Ovechkin.

I don't want anybody that plays like Ovechkin unless it's Ovechkin. You need a specific skillset to play like that and still be great.

But I do agree that Reinhart is the first pick until something drastic says otherwise. I wouldn't hate Nylander, but I think I like Dal Colle more. I think Nylander takes some hits for most people because he isn't the most physical. But he's shown that he won't lay down out there.

Playmaker in the mold of Ovechkin??? :huh:

Is that analogous to an Ennis-like grinder? :unsure:

CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game rosters announced

CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters

Team Orr (Coach Jim Peplinski)

Goalies:

Edmonds, Ty; Prince George Cougars, WHL

Nedeljkovic, Alex; Plymouth Whalers, OHL

Defense:

DeAngelo, Anthony; Sarnia Sting, OHL

Fleury, Haydn; Red Deer Rebels, WHL

Irving, Aaron; Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL

McKeown, Roland; Kingston Frontenacs, OHL

Nogier, Nelson; Saskatoon Blades, WHL

Vanier, Alexis; Baie-Comeau Drakkar, QMJHL

Forwards:

Audette, Daniel; Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL

Barbashev, Ivan; Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL

Bleackley, Conner; Red Deer Rebels, WHL

Dal Colle, Michael; Oshawa Generals, OHL

De Leo, Chase; Portland Winterhawks, WHL

Fabbri, Robert; Guelph Storm, OHL

Goldobin, Nikolay; Sarnia Sting, OHL

MacInnis, Ryan; Kitchener Rangers, OHL

Mistele, Matt; Plymouth Whalers, OHL

Reinhart, Sam; Koontenay Ice, WHL

Ritchie, Nick; Peterborough Petes, OHL

Scherbak, Nikita; Saskatoon Blades, WHL

Team Cherry (Coach Lanny McDonald)

Goalies:

Billia, Julio; Chicoutimi Sagueneens, QMJHL

McDonald, Mason; Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL

Defense:

Ekblad, Aaron; Barrie Colts, OHL

Haydon, Aaron; Niagara IceDogs, OHL

Honka, Julius; Swift Current Broncos, WHL

Martin, Brycen; Swift Current Broncos, WHL

Peters, Alex; Plymouth Whalers, OHL

Thomas, Ben; Calgary Hitmen, WHL

Forwards:

Bennett, Sam; Kingston Frontenacs, OHL

Bishop, Clark; Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, QMJHL

Clarke, Blake; North Bay Battalion, OHL

Cornel, Eric; Peterborough Petes, OHL

Draisaitl, Leon; Prince Albert Raiders, WHL

Ehlers, Nikolaj; Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL

Ho-Sang, Josh; Windsor Spitfires, OHL

Lemieux, Brendan; Barrie Colts, OHL

McCann, Jared; Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL

Perlini, Brendan; Niagara IceDogs, OHL

Virtanen, Jake; Calgary Hitmen, WHL

Watson, Spencer; Kingston Frontenacs, OHL

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

SS Top 30 Released for December

SamReinhart-300x207.jpg

December 16, 2013 [Guelph, ON] ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft. This month’s rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

December release of ISS Top 30 shows consistent Top 5 ranks; Sam Reinhart holds onto #1 for the closing of 2013.

Lets say that those are the rankings come June at least the top 5. If a team wins the lottery and takes Reinhart, should the Sabres do what happened in this past draft and actively pass on a defender? Would you pass on Ekblad at #2 to take Dal Colle because we need much more scoring and offense?

Lets say that those are the rankings come June at least the top 5. If a team wins the lottery and takes Reinhart, should the Sabres do what happened in this past draft and actively pass on a defender? Would you pass on Ekblad at #2 to take Dal Colle because we need much more scoring and offense?

I'd see what #3 or #4 wants to give up for #2 (Eckblad).

what if like last year they dont want a defender or dont care either way? What if you have#2 spot and your choice is Defender or Forward? Ekblad or Dal Colle? What do you do?

That's a tough decision. I always believe in BPA but I love what Dal Colle can do around the net. I guess I haven't seen enough Barrie Colts games to make an accurate judgement of him. If our scouting staff think Ekblad is much better than the next highest ranked forward I hope we go with the big Dman, if it's close I hope we go with the forward.

That's a tough decision. I always believe in BPA but I love what Dal Colle can do around the net. I guess I haven't seen enough Barrie Colts games to make an accurate judgement of him. If our scouting staff think Ekblad is much better than the next highest ranked forward I hope we go with the big Dman, if it's close I hope we go with the forward.

That's how I feel--it all depends on the gap in overall talent. If Ekblad is a 9.0 and Dal Colle an 8.8, I take the forward. But if the difference is more like 9.0 to 8.0? I have to take the higher end talent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.