Martin Biron Retires

Robviously

Congratulations to Marty on what has been a very enjoyable career to watch.

From twitter, it's easy to see that he and his family live and thrive in East Aurora, and I not only welcome him back to WNY for his retirement, I encourage him to remain supportive of the community and active with Sabres alumni.

If it's his wish, and I truly hope it is, to start a broadcasting career, I very much look forward to several years of it.

His son Jacob interviews him.

He stops by NHL Live because he happened to be shopping at the NHL Store.

Hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-VtxIXDur0

Hear, Hear!

@Proteautype

Happy retirement to goalie and soon-to-be TV & radio star Martin Biron. If there were a Stanley Cup for class, his name would be on it.

Agreed. Also hopefully that.

From the other thread:

@SabresProspects

Awesome. All should tune in. RT @76_AndrewPeters: Marty Biron will join @kevsylvester and myself on Tuesday for Hockey Hotline on @WGR550

edit: And oh yeah, the translation for the non-twatters:

Peters says Biron will join them on the Sabres Hockey Hotline broadcast Tuesday morning.

Agreed. Also hopefully that.

From the other thread:

edit: And oh yeah, the translation for the non-twatters:

Peters says Biron will join them on the Sabres Hockey Hotline broadcast Tuesday morning.

So, does anybody think Petey sees the writing on the wall?

Seriously.. think of the producers and directors will you? Hiring Biron to do anything on the radio or TV would be a complete disaster. Advertising revenues would plummet... all because he wouldn't stop talking!

He should do play by play. I bet he could call two games at once.

Truthfully, he's an awesome guy with a great attitude and did some great things in his career. All the best to him...

I always hoped that Marty would return to the Sabres. Easily one of my favorite athletes, of any sport. Biron is and has always been a class act. Good luck in all you do Martin Biron.

IMO, Biron would make a great color guy for the Sabres broadcasts.

MB.jpg

MARTY NOOOOO!!!! I still remember him fighting Ray Emery with a big ole smile on his face. I hope he still lives in Amherst and comes back to the area. That is one dude I would love added to the broadcast or maybe the coaching team... he is just one of those guys that everyone loves and gravitates towards.

I've been looking for one for a long time. Someday....

I've got the old red third jersey. I think it is a must to wear it later today.

Anyway, back when we were about to move him, I always told myself that I would buy his jersey no matter where he went. He proved me wrong.

MARTY NOOOOO!!!! I still remember him fighting Ray Emery with a big ole smile on his face. I hope he still lives in Amherst and comes back to the area. That is one dude I would love added to the broadcast or maybe the coaching team... he is just one of those guys that everyone loves and gravitates towards.

He lives in East Aurora.

Archived