Worst team in Franchise History

papazoid

That exchange on the "panic" question was kinda strange. It seemed like he got PO'd over a pretty innocuous question.

Precisely. Which leads me to infer that it was in fact not an innocuous question -- that Simon had hit upon a very precise and difficult question for Black. I.e., Black could not say "Yes, of course, it would be a panic move to fire Darcy." Strikes me that if he could say that, he would've. It would appear that the reason he could not say that is because Pegula, Sawyer, Black, and Benson (am I missing anyone?) have, as Kypreos reported, discussed the possibility of firing DR within this calendar year. Black would not put himself in a position to have to eat his words on firing DR being a panic move.

But, as I said, he handled what appears to have been a difficult question poorly.

You're forgetting that Terry is on record as wanting Miller to retire here. Terry probably nixed a deal or two. Surely, after this season, when Kim has the Millers over for ratatouille, Ryan will give in.

Pegula *probably* nixed a couple deals because he said he wants Miller to retire here? Holy leap of logic batman. The team has an asset, what the hell are they supposed to say, that they are trying to dump him? Pegula and everyone else involved making Miller seem invaluable to the team is the rational thing to do, even if they are trying to move him.

[/size]

Precisely. Which leads me to infer that it was in fact not an innocuous question -- that Simon had hit upon a very precise and difficult question for Black. I.e., Black could not say "Yes, of course, it would be a panic move to fire Darcy." Strikes me that if he could say that, he would've. It would appear that the reason he could not say that is because Pegula, Sawyer, Black, and Benson (am I missing anyone?) have, as Kypreos reported, discussed the possibility of firing DR within this calendar year. Black would not put himself in a position to have to eat his words on firing DR being a panic move.

But, as I said, he handled what appears to have been a difficult question poorly.

Interesting. Or perhaps just grasping at straws, but I'm in! Hope! Change!

Does anyone else find it mildly humerous that we have been awful, I mean a-w-f-u-l yet we still don't have the worst winning percentage in the league?

Winning %? We're not even last in points. I'm really excited about my yearly Sabres/Flyers game this year!

Pegula *probably* nixed a couple deals because he said he wants Miller to retire here? Holy leap of logic batman. The team has an asset, what the hell are they supposed to say, that they are trying to dump him? Pegula and everyone else involved making Miller seem invaluable to the team is the rational thing to do, even if they are trying to move him.

You think Terry's that sharp?

You think Terry's that sharp?

C'mon. The guy negotiated a deal that involved a Dutch concern paying him almost $5 billion dollars.

Have you ever done business with the Dutch? I have. Them motherfookers are as shrewd and cunning as they come -- there's a reason they were out in front when it came to new world exploration and such.

He may be botching a lot of things as owner, but it's safe to presume that he's sharp enough to do what's necessary to maintain the value of a business asset.

C'mon. The guy negotiated a deal that involved a Dutch concern paying him almost $5 billion dollars.

Have you ever done business with the Dutch? I have. Them motherfookers are as shrewd and cunning as they come -- there's a reason they were out in front when it came to new world exploration and such.

He may be botching a lot of things as owner, but it's safe to presume that he's sharp enough to do what's necessary to maintain the value of a business asset.

He coulda got 6.

Actually....he gave up a huge hunk of his company at 25% the price a year earlier.....but in doing so, brought in some of the stickiest of the ickey to get the deal done.

One of the reasons I may be a bit hesitant at times as to some of the executives of this club is because the circles these boys cruise aren't mom and apple pie.....

Actually....he gave up a huge hunk of his company at 25% the price a year earlier.....but in doing so, brought in some of the stickiest of the ickey to get the deal done.

One of the reasons I may be a bit hesitant at times as to some of the executives of this club is because the circles these boys cruise aren't mom and apple pie.....

How many people worth $3 billion are squeaky clean?

How many people worth $3 billion are squeaky clean?

Right. And the culture and people that come with that is always going to reach new levels. There are also different profiles of money men and their circles. I'm not sure how many people have seen it first hand, but you better get a hold of yourself quick and ask who you really are before you go along for the ride. "If you knew Susie...like I know Susie...."

You're going to have to explain Darcy still being here, the notion Darcy's done nothing wrong, Terry's ignorance of the team being for sale in 2002, his comment to the News that the newspaper was partly to blame for the team "quitting," his request that if only they had something nice to say, it could help the cause, and so on. Ya know, hockey IQ.

You're going to have to explain Darcy still being here, the notion Darcy's done nothing wrong, Terry's ignorance of the team being for sale in 2002, his comment to the News that the newspaper was partly to blame for the team "quitting," his request that if only they had something nice to say, it could help the cause, and so on. Ya know, hockey IQ.

I'll take a run at reconciling all o' that. But I gotta run now.

If you're firmly on the "tank, fire Darcy, fire Ron" bandwagon, you should prepare yourself for the middle of November. We have Boston tonight, then a relatively weak four game slate (Florida, Tampa, Dallas, New York Rangers). But then there's an absolutely brutal stretch that we may not get a single point out of: Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Ducks, Kings, Leafs, Leafs, Blues, (Flyers are next and weak), Wings, Habs, Leafs, (Devils are weak). We may not get five points out of the month of November.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.