All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I've gained a whole new appreciation for Armia this series.

Used to think he was a skilled guy, who just didn't get the pace of the game.

But he is playing with so much more authority now. His second goal was a laser.

If they pull this series off and he gets into an extended playoff role, I could see him with the Sabres next year.

Johan Larsson will be in the NHL next year.

Grigorenko won't be, but he is showing it wasn't his skating that was too slow in the show, it was his reaction time.

Kid doesn't look too slow here. I expect he will excel in the AHL next year.

Ruhwedel may or may not be an NHL defenceman, but he is a damn fine AHL defenceman.

The more i see of Makarov, the more i like him.

I'm tellin ya, he's gonna be the guy in a few years.

He's the reason I think they may not qualify Hackett.

He shuts the door tomorrow and he's earned himself the Amerks number one job next year.

I was just gonna ask you this. Is he starting to come around now. The points seem to suggest so.

By points I don't think you mean 'goals and assists'

As of now, through a total of of 15 AHL games (9 regular season this year, 2 playoffs this year, and 4 playoff games last year) he has a total of 0 goals, 4 assists, and is a -1.

Of course, it is early in his career and I'm not sure what they are asking him to do down there.

By points I don't think you mean 'goals and assists'

As of now, through a total of of 15 AHL games (9 regular season this year, 2 playoffs this year, and 4 playoff games last year) he has a total of 0 goals, 4 assists, and is a -1.

Of course, it is early in his career and I'm not sure what they are asking him to do down there.

I meant the having 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 playoff games this year.

Edit: who are you talking about? Serious question.

Edited by ubkev

I meant the having 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 playoff games this year.

Edit: who are you talking about? Serious question.

I'm fairly sure he's talking about Grigorenko. I don't think he realized it was Armia being discussed.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

Just a quick side note on my local AHL Manchester Monarchs. Once again a 1st round exit from the playoffs. In 13 years of existence they missed the playoffs once, fell one series short of the finals twice and laid an egg in the first round 10 times! Last seed, first seed, doesn't matter. They are always one-and-done.

I'm fairly sure he's talking about Grigorenko. I don't think he realized it was Armia being discussed.

I must have gotten lost in the conversation, I scanned a few pages of this thread pretty quickly...I did think the post was about Grigorenko, sorry.

I must have gotten lost in the conversation, I scanned a few pages of this thread pretty quickly...I did think the post was about Grigorenko, sorry.

While the production has not been there, he has been playing a LOT better than he was in Buffalo. Much more involved in the play, and less pensive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.