All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I wouldn't read too much into Carrier sitting (or Justin Kea either)

Healthy Amerks actually have a lot of depth up front.

Role players like Irwin, Schaller and Gillies have been playing really well.

And I think the organization (or maybe it's just me) would rather see what Larsson, Armia and Grigorenko and Catenacci have.

Porter, Adam, Zigomanis, Tardif and Varone are going to play if healthy.

That's 12 and puts him in group of Black Aces with guys like Sundher and Roy and Hutchings.

It's not an easy lineup for an untested rookie with no AHL experience to crack in the playoffs.

I'd really like to see this group come together for a run.

If you subtract the nine-game debacle when the Sabres stripped the team, they've won a lot of games in the past few months.

Good breakdown. Thanks.

And I do think that if the Amerks are in a nice groove heading into the playoffs, it makes sense to keep riding what they've got. If the offense struggles, though, it would seem logical to give Carrier a shot over the 3 role players or for that matter over the 5 AHL vets who don't seem like they have NHL upside.

@kevinoDandC

From our columnist, @leoroth: despite endless roster turmoil, #Amerks persevered and grew under coach Chadd Cassidy. http://www.democrata...inched/8041159/

Sabres prospect Mikhail Grigorenko thriving with AHL Amerks

Nice to see the term "consistent" used in reference to Grigorenko. Another full year in the A will do him good. Of course, he should have been there all along.

GO SABRES!!!

Risto went hard into boards in first, awkward. Looked like he hit his head. Went to locker room, then returned in 2nd. He looked pretty lost on the 2nd chi goal.

Grigerenko face off percentage looked good. And overall he looked solid. Larsson and Armia too.

Tim Murray was walking amongst the people during 3rd intermission. We got to say hello.

Tough loss.

Risto went hard into boards in first, awkward. Looked like he hit his head. Went to locker room, then returned in 2nd. He looked pretty lost on the 2nd chi goal.

Grigerenko face off percentage looked good. And overall he looked solid. Larsson and Armia too.

Tim Murray was walking amongst the people during 3rd intermission. We got to say hello.

Tough loss.

This would be his 2nd concussion this year, if true.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish the Amerks games were on TV. Would it be appointment television for me in the middle of November? Maybe not, but with how many nights I am just flipping around the channels, I'd probably end up watching 80% of Amerks games.

And I know Ted Black has said there is no need (or even level of profitibility) but seriously, why not have a Sabres TV station? Pegula not only owns the Sabres, but also the Amerks and Bandits. There is a good ammount of programming there that would draw attention (not to mention you can re-play the games late at night or the following morning for those who missed them. With WGR being the station of the Sabres, you can have one (or both) of their shows on TV like many other sports networks do. As for the Summertime, how about getting creative and striking a deal with the Bisons (or, depending on how much you have to negotiatie, the Blue Jays? It still astounds me we have a team less than 2 hours away that the bisons are now the FARM club of and we can't get their games on TV) You also have the beyond blue and gold series and who knows if there will be anything they can justify televising from the Harbor center once that gets up and running.

It won't be a multi-million dollar revenue generator, but you have enough programming to fill a station, and it would be good PR to draw more attention to the team (and once again, in my selfish scenario I'd get to watch the Amerks game here and get some regular news on them)

Edited by mjd1001

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.