The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

Bicycles on a sidewalk?!

Do people not walk a lot where you live?

There are situations where pedestrians are rare and the "sidewalk" is in practice (or sometimes officially) a bicycle path running along the street.  I've traveled to Florida on business (Orlando), and Florida is significantly different from where I live (Fort Worth) when it comes to bicycle accommodation.  If I want to ride around the city in Fort Worth, I can generally worm my way around side streets with a few blocks here or there on busy streets to get from one neighborhood to another. 

In Orlando, the neighborhoods are more of a cul de sac design so you can't ride through them, and you're stuck on busy streets.  I usually stay near UCF in Orlando, and walk to dinner to get some exercise.  There are bike lanes marked on the road, but frankly they're intimidating because car traffic typically runs as fast as 60 mph and there seems to be a lot of distracted driving.  I can't say I blame people riding bikes for transportation for wanting to ride the sidewalk.

Edited by Doohickie

nope.

http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/bike/regulations.shtm

5) To travel no more than two abreast when traffic is not impeded, but otherwise ride in single file. Every person riding a bicycle shall ride in the same direction as vehicular traffic.

Perhaps you should be complaining about those cars not being in driveways.

I complained about that 7 years ago when I moved here. There are no driveways here. I'm serious. I have a driveway and a garage. Half my neighbors have neither.

Josie- You jumped into my mind when I saw this.  You ever work with these?

I bet you would rock it..... so to speak.

haha no i haven't! That's German Wheel- we don't have one at the studio. To be honest, I'd try it, but I'd be terrified. Once that sucker starts to roll, you're going, and you better know what you're going to do. 

That and Cyr wheel just look like fantastic ways to crush my fingertips haha 

Cyr is generally a male dominated apparatus it seems, while german is more often ladies. Crazy core/upper body strength to keep that big hoop moving. 

I'll stick to the hoops hanging from the ceiling for now... 

Josie- You jumped into my mind when I saw this. You ever work with these?

I bet you would rock it..... so to speak.

Funny coincidence, we had an exchange student back in high school, Svea, who does this stuff. She dated my buddy Adam and we've all stayed in touch since then.

Here's her doing that wheel. The split in the middle of the set...Ouch.

Funny coincidence, we had an exchange student back in high school, Svea, who does this stuff. She dated my buddy Adam and we've all stayed in touch since then.

Here's her doing that wheel. The split in the middle of the set...Ouch.

I'd get my foot stuck in that strap and die. 

I got my ankle caught funny in the silks last night (of course it's my bad ankle) on a new twisty move aaand just kinda hung there with my arm strength giving out thinking "well, this is how I go" 

Our silks are 25 feet tall and I don't KNOW of anyone falling from them, but I'm somehow convinced I'm going to be the first. 

I've burned my hands and ripped my feet open and knocked myself out from a trapeze bar falling on my head when my inversion didn't go correctly but I just know if I did wheel I'd somehow decapitate myself haha 

That's really cool.  I have no idea how she didn't pinch fingers, toes, etc. when that thing circled around.  Impressive stuff!

A lot of those moves have awesome names.... like "bloody elbow", "finger crusher", etc.

I have no idea either. I'm sure once you get to that level you've pinched your fair share of extremities... like the coin drop. How. You can do this on german wheel, too. You just gotta bounce it to get it going.

Some pics and a video of the Shark Valley Trail. Ironically, no sharks but you'll pass by a couple hundred gators on a sunny day if you ride the whole trail. No exaggeration. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7pr6zgvegz7q0z/2017-01-10%2017.18.47.mp4?dl=0

Whole lot of nuthin' out there. 

56bGVglh.jpg

From the observation tower

9yhWoXeh.jpg

UJFbWfdh.jpg

Some pics and a video of the Shark Valley Trail. Ironically, no sharks but you'll pass by a couple hundred gators on a sunny day if you ride the whole trail. No exaggeration. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7pr6zgvegz7q0z/2017-01-10%2017.18.47.mp4?dl=0

Whole lot of nuthin' out there. 

56bGVglh.jpg

From the observation tower

9yhWoXeh.jpg

UJFbWfdh.jpg

Mmm, gator. Them's good eating. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.