Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Senators forward Jason Spezza asks for a trade: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=722478

Ottawa Senators captain Jason Spezza has asked to be traded, general manager Bryan Murray told reporters in New York on Wednesday.

Murray said Spezza has "requested we give him a chance to go elsewhere." The GM said a few teams have shown serious interest, but the Senators' preference is to "send him somewhere we don't have to play him every night," according to Elliotte Friedman of "Hockey Night in Canada."

If it's to happen before the draft then my guess would be Nashville from those mentioned so far just because Anaheim and Chicago may wait on Kesler.

I think Minnesota should be in on these guys.

@JSportsnet: Sounds like the NHL will release the 2014-15 schedule on Sunday, June 22nd.

Edited by Tankalicious

@TheFourthPeriod: Sharks trying to deal Havlat, instead of buy out (+listening on Marleau, Niemi). Canes trying to move Ward. Leafs exploring multiple options

That might change things for us. Ive been saying that SJ likely wouldn't allow another team to take on Havlat in order to add value to a trade, but that was assuming they already planned on buying him out. If this tweet is true I say we should take on Havlat to move up in the draft and then keep Havlat around for the year.

That might change things for us. Ive been saying that SJ likely wouldn't allow another team to take on Havlat in order to add value to a trade, but that was assuming they already planned on buying him out. If this tweet is true I say we should take on Havlat to move up in the draft and then keep Havlat around for the year.

Reach the floor and get a higher pick. Perfect. Could we do 39 for 20 and Havlat?

Side note: I have just realised Phoenix is now Arizona

Edited by ThirtyEight

The player at 31 won't be much worse than the player at 20.

Which is why San Jose would want to do 31 if anything. They could just buy him out or find another trading partner.

Taking on Havlat isn't really an issue, at all, for us.

Edited by Tankalicious

Wow. Trade season gets off with a bang...

Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva

Louis Leblanc échangé aux Ducks contre un choix de 5e ronde. #canadiens

(Canadiens trade Louis LeBlanc to the Ducks for a conditional 5th).

LeBlanc was the Habs first-round pick in 2009. Pretty good value there, eh?

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.