Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

this story tells just how in tough Maurice may be...http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/jets-coach-maurice-in-tough-with-kane-byfuglien/

two best players appear to be immature, selfish weenies.

Wow, harsh stuff. And my desire to acquire Kane drops a few notches.

Pay close attention to the dressing room stuff in that article all of you who think Grigorenko should be given a spot just because.

Avoiding that kind of situation is exactly why Nolan and Lafontaine are doing things the way they are: winning involves setting standards and adhering to them; it takes men, not boys.

Pay close attention to the dressing room stuff in that article all of you who think Grigorenko should be given a spot just because.

Avoiding that kind of situation is exactly why Nolan and Lafontaine are doing things the way they are: winning involves setting standards and adhering to them; it takes men, not boys.

\

was inspiration of post. food for thought

When Kane flashed his cash shot after signing his contract I knew all I needed to know about him. He's got the attitude of a bad NBA player. The only problem is he plays hockey. Hockey doesn't really have a gangsta segment.

The Hawks letting Byfuglien go right after winning the first cup also made me suspect about him.

The article above only cements things. Leaving unpaid bar bills around town? C'mon.

I have to say I have changed my philosophy on this over the season and agree. PLF and Nolan and Murray have now put in place a standard, a set of expectations if you will. If adhere to those you can't, play you will not.

per lebrun at espn, bryan murray's stated intention is to move young assets in order to win now.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/422788738414956544

sounds like ott'wa may be in line to get regiered.

i'm sure nephew tim would be happy to relieve the senators of a young prospect or two, in exchange for some seasoned vets.

per lebrun at espn, bryan murray's stated intention is to move young assets in order to win now.

https://twitter.com/...788738414956544

i'm sure nephew tim would be happy to relieve the senators of a young prospect or two, in exchange for some seasoned vets.

I'll take Shane Prince or Tobias Lindberg and a pick for Steve Ott.

Is NBC getting ready to ramp up the Miller hype leading up to, and immediately after, the Olympics? I noticed the Sabres are on NBC four times in the next three weeks, and then three more times right after the Olympics. I don't recall the Sabres getting all those NBC games.

Is NBC getting ready to ramp up the Miller hype leading up to, and immediately after, the Olympics? I noticed the Sabres are on NBC four times in the next three weeks, and then three more times right after the Olympics. I don't recall the Sabres getting all those NBC games.

I believe at the begining of the season they had 10 games on NBC/S so if that number has gone up then yes. If not then it is just coincidence.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/422788738414956544

Bryan harbours a secret hatred for the Sens. He told Lafontaine that if he hired Tim, Bryan would trade us all the Sens best prospects for Stafford and Leino.

Then he will retire and take a job with us a junior senior advisor.

I'll take Shane Prince or Tobias Lindberg and a pick for Steve Ott.

As much as i would hate to lose Ott, I'd love to see Shane here, as I went to Highschool with him and he always schools us when Binghamton plays Rochester.

Not to mention he's quite the dynamic player.

Edited by BuffaloSoldier2010

I believe at the begining of the season they had 10 games on NBC/S so if that number has gone up then yes. If not then it is just coincidence.

OK, thanks. I probably just didn't realize they were grouped together so tight mid-season. I didn't think they had so many.

OK, thanks. I probably just didn't realize they were grouped together so tight mid-season. I didn't think they had so many.

I remember that because I have center ice and I was pissed because it was 10 games I had to listen to those a-holes from NBC. The Sabres could beat the Panthers 10-0 and it would still be a great game for the Panthers according to those ###### mongers

I remember that because I have center ice and I was pissed because it was 10 games I had to listen to those a-holes from NBC. The Sabres could beat the Panthers 10-0 and it would still be a great game for the Panthers according to those ###### mongers

I found the full schedule http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680503

Looks like 13 National games, 10 on NBCSN, 1 on NHL Network and 2 possibly on NBC or NBCSN.

It seemed like all 10 were in October, I guess the NBC crew is just really annoying.

Looks like Los Angeles is going to Los Angeles the hell out of the Dodger Stadium game, complete with beach volleyball, roller hockey, skateboarding, and a KISS concert. Why not? Non-traditional hockey markets are non-traditional. Let's get a beach volleyball contest between the Kings and Ducks ice girls.

I love it. Don't get me wrong, I love me some ol' thyme hockey. But Californians are going to be weird regardless. Let them feel like they're doing hockey their way.

Looks like Los Angeles is going to Los Angeles the hell out of the Dodger Stadium game, complete with beach volleyball, roller hockey, skateboarding, and a KISS concert. Why not? Non-traditional hockey markets are non-traditional. Let's get a beach volleyball contest between the Kings and Ducks ice girls.

KISS? Really? I see the NHL is really going after that younger market. :blink:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.