Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Chara hit wasn't a suspendable hit. Should've been a penalty because it was way late, though.

He was aiming for the head.

He'll never hold him himself accountable. Not in a million years.

I wonder if they interviewed Lucic after the game about illegal hits.

No he wasn't. Wingels ducked at the last second. I hate Chara more than most, but this isn't a suspension.

Wingel did not have possession of the puck (much more time between the pass and the hit than Scott's hit) and Chara's arms were clearly at head level. Let's not even mention the countless times throughout his career that he has gotten away with illegal hits.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Saku Koivu leaves the game after Brandon Dubinsky drops him in open ice. Dubs tossed for 5 and a game for interference.

Going to need to see better video, but it may have been late. Doesn't appear to have been a head shot but it's close.

Ridiculous call on Dubinsky.

With what happened to Scott and the media onslaught of his character this is turning into a witch hunt by the league. Get the bad hits out of the game sure but now all hits are under the microscope. The Sham is going to need a bigger staff.

I think they're honestly more about getting guys like Scott out of the league. And they're not wrong. He has no use on an NHL roster. He has signed his last contract in the NHL.

I think they're honestly more about getting guys like Scott out of the league. And they're not wrong. He has no use on an NHL roster. He has signed his last contract in the NHL.

As long as Shanny plays favorites, there will be a need for guys like Scott.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.