Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

We didn't even interview Vigneault, Torts, or any of the other "hot" coaching candidates...not sure why you think Laviolette's availability would be different.

Yeah, and that might support 26CB's point above. Although I didn't want Tortorella or Vigneault here, so I didn't really care if the Sabres talked with them or not.

We didn't even interview Vigneault, Torts, or any of the other "hot" coaching candidates...not sure why you think Laviolette's availability would be different.

Because at the time, they already had their coach and weren't looking for a change. Do people really believe that RR was not the permanent guy once they let Ruff go?

If I were a Flyers fan I'd be feeling pretty pessimistic right now. They might not make the playoffs this year. Who the heck is even playing goal for them?

mason, the former Blue Jacket, and Ray Emery

Rolston has a contract, but I suppose the team could fire him anyway.

They would most likely "relieve him of his responsibilities" I imagine, and keep honoring his contract with regards to his salary, unless of course he found a job elsewhere, in which case they likely agree on a mutual termination.

Don't see much point in changing coaches though, unless the new coach could punch Regier's lights out everytime he saw him, I suppose :w00t:

Edited by Kristian

Hard to argue with the ristolainen and zadorov picks with how theyve looked and how we needed defense, but this team is in dire need of a gamechanging forward, and honestly I think a top 5 pick is what is best for this team. Look how mackinnon, barkov, monahan are all playing and producing immediately. I was hoping grigorenko would provide that but it seems we will have to be very patient with him. But with that said, the constant mediocrity instead of very good or very bad, continues to hinder this franchise. They need a top 3 pick and a talented forward. kind of depressing we went on the run last year and as a result we just miss out on the top guys this year.

How is the top tier of talent in the upcoming draft?

Hard to argue with the ristolainen and zadorov picks with how theyve looked and how we needed defense, but this team is in dire need of a gamechanging forward, and honestly I think a top 5 pick is what is best for this team. Look how mackinnon, barkov, monahan are all playing and producing immediately. I was hoping grigorenko would provide that but it seems we will have to be very patient with him. But with that said, the constant mediocrity instead of very good or very bad, continues to hinder this franchise. They need a top 3 pick and a talented forward. kind of depressing we went on the run last year and as a result we just miss out on the top guys this year.

How is the top tier of talent in the upcoming draft?

You know I was fully advocating trading everyone before the draft and tanking the season for this very reason last season.

If I were a Flyers fan I'd be feeling pretty pessimistic right now. They might not make the playoffs this year. Who the heck is even playing goal for them?

"Holmgren? Darcy here...you guys need a goalie? Have I got a deal for you!"

BTW, I hesitate to point this out as it is so early in the season, but...the Maple Leafs are in first place in the league. Wow, how times have changed...

Edited by Sabre Dance

"Holmgren? Darcy here...you guys need a goalie? Have I got a deal for you!"

BTW, I hesitate to point this out as it is so early in the season, but...the Maple Leafs are in first place in the league. Wow, how times have changed...

Don't let anyone know but the leafs are actually good. Not sure how good but they are a solid playoff team.

Don't let anyone know but the leafs are actually good. Not sure how good but they are a solid playoff team.

I think the Leafs have staying power based on their offseason moves of Clarkson (once he returns), Bolland, Raymond, and Bernier plus the continued maturation of some of their younger players.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think the Leafs have staying power based on their offseason moves of Clarkson (once he returns), Bolland, Raymond, and Bernier plus the continued maturation of some of their younger players.

Nonis has made some solid moves since he took over. As much as I hate the leafs ( sorry Millbank ) I have enjoyed watching them play this year. Looks like we'll be their Bitchez for some time till we catch up.

WGR reporting that Laviolette will be fired today. Why couldn't Filly have done this in June, so the Sabres could hire him?

Why hire him? So he can also prove its impossible to win with no talent? I certainly wouldn't take this job if I were a former cup winning coach.

Why hire him? So he can also prove its impossible to win with no talent? I certainly wouldn't take this job if I were a former cup winning coach.

IMO, this has a lot to do with Ron Rolston being the Sabres head coach right now. The Sabres know they have a way to go to lure top end players or coaches to this franchise.

JVR has been a solid pickup for the Leafs. Here is another young kid traded that would have fit the Sabres perfectly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.