Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Kind of an in-your-face response, but he's not overstating it.

Lidstrom was the balls. With SEVEN Norris trophies, he was a generational talent, like Ray Bourque before him (5x Norris), Bobby Orr before that (8x Norris), Doug Harvey before that (7x Norris), and Eddie Shore before that (4x Hart, before Norris trophy existed). Easily one of the top ten defensemen of all time.

My favorite part: He's not an ######. He's a purely class act 100% of time. Always.

Yea, he really was a genuinely good guy. Only part of seeing Detroit win that satisfied me.

If Hasek would've won the cup in Buffalo, I would've wanted his number retired the day he retired. I know I said multiple cups earlier, but if you're a franchise/city that has never won anything there's a slightly "lower standard." If you don't win a championship then you can wait.

not sure where this belongs - maybe nowhere - but i found ehrhoff's tweet in support of his countryman so ... strange.

All the Best to my Team-Germany-Teammate Constantin Braun, taking off time from hockey to battle depression! #wishyouthestrengthyouneed

https://twitter.com/TheRealHoff10/status/363363596736425984

in no way do i intend to make light of braun's depression. but the fact that ehrhoff just called it out like that, without any euphemism, struck me as, well, weird.

maybe it's a cultural thing. or maybe i'm behind the times in how depression and other mental illnesses get discussed in public forums.

EDIT: looking at it again, i think the exclamation point played a role in my WTF reaction.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Image from Henrik Lundqvist comparing last years vs this years pad.

While it is slightly shorter it seems like it may get wider at a lower spot. If this is true, rather than just an optical thing, it may be more difficult to score if a goalie doesn't drop down.

Edited by nobody

Image from Henrik Lundqvist comparing last years vs this years pad.

While it is slightly shorter it seems like it may get wider at a lower spot. If this is true, rather than just an optical thing, it may be more difficult to score if a goalie doesn't drop down.

Looks like they're just shorter to me. I'll try to find out more when NHL spec pads start coming out for regular players.

Hey guys, i officially announce that I am no longer a Sabers Fan. Life too short and I don't live in Buffalo so why should I endure more of this mess? I will convert myself and root for a real cup contender team, I thought about Philadelphia Flyers. They have a very powerful playoffs team, if goaltenders and defense can be just ok I think they have serious chances to win the Stanley cup.

Right now I think Flyers, Boston and Penguins are surely the teams to watch in the east. Have a nice offseason and enjoy the rebuild. I might come back sometimes, and if 2-5 years from now Sabers are back and serious contenders I might bandwagon the team again. Buffalo have wonderful fans really. You guys are very amazing... but your teams sux.... big time... like holy sh**.

Hey guys, i officially announce that I am no longer a Sabers Fan. Life too short and I don't live in Buffalo so why should I endure more of this mess? I will convert myself and root for a real cup contender team, I thought about Philadelphia Flyers. They have a very powerful playoffs team, if goaltenders and defense can be just ok I think they have serious chances to win the Stanley cup.

Right now I think Flyers, Boston and Penguins are surely the teams to watch in the east. Have a nice offseason and enjoy the rebuild. I might come back sometimes, and if 2-5 years from now Sabers are back and serious contenders I might bandwagon the team again. Buffalo have wonderful fans really. You guys are very amazing... but your teams sux.... big time... like holy sh**.

We've! Been! Trolled!

The first half of this sentence is contradicted by the second half. That being said BYE!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.