Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

You guys are so right, I should learn to write Sabres not Sabers. I have been their number one fan for 3 years. I drive the only car decorated with stickers and flag of this team and I almost got killed on the road because i always get flat tire. Probably fans of montreal canadiens nail my tire and i never know when it will explode when i am driving 100 kmh on highway. Who here can claim to put their life at stake for an nhl team they love? I DID! so please... dont accuse me of cheating on them. That team did not give anything back. I have more guts than they have.

why? I already play guitar. I have 4 amps, 3 electric guitars, one acoustic and one classic. My main amp is a mesa boogie studio .22. And my main guit is a fender mustang.

rooting for a team is not a hobby please... it's LOVE! I hope your girlfriend doesn't know she's just a hobby.

You guys are so right, I should learn to write Sabres not Sabers. I have been their number one fan for 3 years. I drive the only car decorated with stickers and flag of this team and I almost got killed on the road because i always get flat tire. Probably fans of montreal canadiens nail my tire and i never know when it will explode when i am driving 100 kmh on highway. Who here can claim to put their life at stake for an nhl team they love? I DID! so please... dont accuse me of cheating on them. That team did not give anything back. I have more guts than they have.

I don't know what this is, but it's hilarious :lol:

Hey guys, i officially announce that I am no longer a Sabers Fan. Life too short and I don't live in Buffalo so why should I endure more of this mess? I will convert myself and root for a real cup contender team, I thought about Philadelphia Flyers. They have a very powerful playoffs team, if goaltenders and defense can be just ok I think they have serious chances to win the Stanley cup.

Right now I think Flyers, Boston and Penguins are surely the teams to watch in the east. Have a nice offseason and enjoy the rebuild. I might come back sometimes, and if 2-5 years from now Sabers are back and serious contenders I might bandwagon the team again. Buffalo have wonderful fans really. You guys are very amazing... but your teams sux.... big time... like holy sh**.

Next time try spelling Sabres correctly.

O and now that Phoenix got sold... we have this ######...

Eric Macramalla@EricOnSportsLaw

Forbes: NHL to take over Devils; $230M in debt and team owner Jeff Vanderbeek missed the first payment on a recently restructured bank loan

Hearing that owners of the NBA 76ers are interested in buying the Devils.

Hearing that owners of the NBA 76ers are interested in buying the Devils.

I'm not sure that's possible, doesn't the same guy (Ed Synder?) own the Flyers?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm getting something mixed up.

Edited by MattPie

Yeah, I figured out just after I posted. Oops.

So the WGR guys are talking about moving NJD somewhere. That was my first thought when I heard that. It doesn't seem like the NYC area needs three teams (especially with NYI being in the 5 boroughs now). Ship them to Seattle, the true hockey fans will gravitate to the Flyers, NYI, or NYR.

Yeah, I figured out just after I posted. Oops.

So the WGR guys are talking about moving NJD somewhere. That was my first thought when I heard that. It doesn't seem like the NYC area needs three teams (especially with NYI being in the 5 boroughs now). Ship them to Seattle, the true hockey fans will gravitate to the Flyers, NYI, or NYR.

Seattle Sea Devils

How is that a good thing in the big picture for the NHL? Assuming the definition of big picture is increased revenue through expanded TV coverage.

One can argue that the quality of the game would also do wonders for the NHL as well.

One can argue that the quality of the game would also do wonders for the NHL as well.

Hockey is a niche sport in america. Expanding the footprint will do more for future TV revenue than increased quality through contraction.

Hockey is a niche sport in america. Expanding the footprint will do more for future TV revenue than increased quality through contraction.

Most of the non-hockey fans I know sum the game up as too boring. Some guys skate around, once in a very great while someone scores.

I think we just need to disagree, though, since there's not really a right answer.

Why is that good for hockey?

I think it might be an important step in hockey becoming more than a niche sport in our country. I don't understand how anyone who is a fan of hockey, not just the sabres, wouldn't want the sport to grow beyond what it currently is.

Edited by Hank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.