Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

This just in science declares that team fandom is a predetermined DNA trait. Oh wait.. that will never happen. So, since you will still be rooting for that team that will suck year after year after year it seems you have just self-selected into the question you asked. Pot, kettle.. what? I'm pretty sure ownership is counting on fools like you to blame their DNA for HAVING to ROOT for the team.

As a fan I am happy to have a hockey team... as a person I can choose to pay attention to that team or not.

You know what I am worrying about today? The fact that a good acquaintance of mine was run over and killed Sunday night and that my dog, who is 15, keeps throwing up and won't eat.

I had a cat who had the same problem at 15. Not sure if you've had your dog checked, but they told me he suffered with a pretty common bowel disease where the body pulls too much water out of the digestive tract causing them to be extremely constipated. When I took him in, they drugged him up a little bit, gave him an enema, and after a little kick start of fluids to take away the nausea he was back to eating like normal.

HEY LOOK!!!! We are going to be one of the worst teams but not necessarily they worst!!! Woot Woot!

David Staples@dstaples

#Flames, #Sabres, #Leafs and #Oilers will be worst teams in NHL this season, analytics expert @robvollmanNHL predicts http://blogs.edmonto...rt-concludes/ …

At least we're not Oilers fans.

Sorry dude. That sucks.

Gracias. It does suck.

I don't understand the Leafs being named in the same breath as the Sabres right now. And the Oilers have to turn it around sometime, right?

That's a funny statement coming from a Sabres fan right? They have to turn it around sometime, right? Just think of the draft positions they've had over the past 4 years.

I had a cat who had the same problem at 15. Not sure if you've had your dog checked, but they told me he suffered with a pretty common bowel disease where the body pulls too much water out of the digestive tract causing them to be extremely constipated. When I took him in, they drugged him up a little bit, gave him an enema, and after a little kick start of fluids to take away the nausea he was back to eating like normal.

We're following the vets advice. The vomiting has stopped, but without food she gets weak quick. She's a battler though. I don't enjoy thinking about the day that will eventually come.

Sorry to throw the real life crap in here but it gets under my skin when we sit here and call each other morons over a game of hockey. Either that or I am still under the influence of watching Ghostbusters 2 last night and feel like our negative energy is going to raise Vigo.

Not this one...

Viggo_1.jpg

This one...

tumblr_m7d8q2jpnv1rqyulj.jpg

At least we're not Oilers fans.

Gracias. It does suck.

That's a funny statement coming from a Sabres fan right? They have to turn it around sometime, right? Just think of the draft positions they've had over the past 4 years.

We're following the vets advice. The vomiting has stopped, but without food she gets weak quick. She's a battler though. I don't enjoy thinking about the day that will eventually come.

Sorry to throw the real life crap in here but it gets under my skin when we sit here and call each other morons over a game of hockey. Either that or I am still under the influence of watching Ghostbusters 2 last night and feel like our negative energy is going to raise Vigo.

Not this one...

Viggo_1.jpg

This one...

tumblr_m7d8q2jpnv1rqyulj.jpg

I didn't call anybody in particular a moron. It is a game of hockey and this is a hockey forum. We discuss hockey. This time of year we tend to get of topic. Some of us list every stat known to man, some complain(like me), and some think everything is perfect.

One thing we all have in common is bigger problems than the current state of our hockey team. I think we get that. I don't need to feel bad about someone's dog or cat to put things in perspective. Why don't we start a thread on what is currently everyone's biggest worry or concern in life. Health, financial, kids on drugs, bound up pets, you name it.

And BTW, I do feel bad for your dog. I love dogs. They become part of the family. We are experiencing a similar problem with our dog. She has been a part of our family since my first son was born.

Edited by sicknfla

I know the local guys touched on seattle getting an expansion team for the 14-15 season this morning. The talking heads out here on AM 750 have been talking about it all morning.

If I understand things correctly, Stern didn't want to give them an NBA team until Seattle broke ground on a new arena, but the city council didn't want to break ground on a new arena until they were awarded an NBA team. Bettman supposedly wil put a team in Seattle for an expansion fee of $275M, to play the 14-15 season in Key Arena. Once the NHL team is awarded they'll break ground on a new arena, once they break ground on a new arena an NBA team is soon to follow. There's still some financial details to be ironed out between Hansen, the prospective NHL Owner and the city counsil. I would be surprised if there is not an NBA and NHL team in a new Seattle arena by 16-17.

Where to put the 2nd expansion team? Obvious choice is Quebec and bump someone to the west. If the NHL dont want to do that though I think there's still some options. KC has a fairly new arena that could use a tennent. If you want a geographical rivalry for Dallas you could put a team in Houston or OKC. Portland is a possibility. And of course Vegas, I wouldnt mind the NHL being the guinny pig in that city.

Edited by Hank

I know the local guys touched on seattle getting an expansion team for the 14-15 season this morning. The talking heads out here on AM 750 have been talking about it all morning.

If I understand things correctly, Stern didn't want to give them an NBA team until Seattle broke ground on a new arena, but the city council didn't want to break ground on a new arena until they were awarded an NBA team. Bettman supposedly wil put a team in Seattle for an expansion fee of $275M, to play the 14-15 season in Key Arena. Once the NHL team is awarded they'll break ground on a new arena, once they break ground on a new arena an NBA team is soon to follow. There's still some financial details to be ironed out between Hansen, the prospective NHL Owner and the city counsil. I would be surprised if there is not an NBA and NHL team in a new Seattle arena by 16-17.

Where to put the 2nd expansion team? Obvious choice is Quebec and bump someone to the west. If the NHL dont want to do that though I think there's still some options. KC has a fairly new arena that could use a tennent. If you want a geographical rivalry for Dallas you could put a team in Houston or OKC. Portland is a possibility. And of course Vegas, I wouldnt mind the NHL being the guinny pig in that city.

You know what would suck? The Sabres tank and we get first pick but because the NHL expands, the new team gets the first pick.

I don't see the Seattle move working out well. It has already been determined that the NBA franchise will be the prime tenant of the new arena even if the NHL arrives there first. Secondly, there is a lot of competition for the sports dollar in a population considerably smaller than LA, Chicago, Philly, or NY. Thirdly, why consider moving to a city where the NBC Stanley Cup Finals were blacked out this past season? Obviously hockey is not an attraction there to begin with.

I could see Portland as a better venue, although every selection has liabilities. Quebec is the obvious second choice, but they are in the east.

In truth, they need to relocate or dissolve franchises rather than create new ones. But I know that will not happen in the near future.

A team in the Sabres position has no need for 29 year olds unless it is for a short term and very reasonable dollars.

You can add veterans for the short term, no need to make long term investment at this point. Save the longer term contracts for retaining the prospects that hit.

This is wise.

Great deal for the "Polish Prince"

What is he polishing to earn such a title? Certainly not the Cup.

Expansion teams? Great, let's dilute the talent pool a little more. It's bad enough that the KHL (and the occasional other European elite league) has been siphoning off decent NHLers for the last few years. Teams currently have few enough stars on them; this will certainly reduce that number. Maybe one superstar per team is enough....

When a LEGEND helps you win multiple championships, you retire his jersey as soon as possible.

Kind of an in-your-face response, but he's not overstating it.

Lidstrom was the balls. With SEVEN Norris trophies, he was a generational talent, like Ray Bourque before him (5x Norris), Bobby Orr before that (8x Norris), Doug Harvey before that (7x Norris), and Eddie Shore before that (4x Hart, before Norris trophy existed). Easily one of the top ten defensemen of all time.

My favorite part: He's not an ######. He's a purely class act 100% of time. Always.

Aaron Ward@aaronward_nhl

Speculation Toni Lydman will soon announce his retirement.He has turned down 2 separate,2 year contracts at 5 M total. #TSN

goodbye Lydman we knew you well

I would much rather have had him here to bring along a fresh product in Rasmus than what was done with Hank the Tank. Come'on Darcy...1 year...$3.5...we aren't headed anywhere near the cap.

Aaron Ward@aaronward_nhl

Speculation Toni Lydman will soon announce his retirement.He has turned down 2 separate,2 year contracts at 5 M total. #TSN

goodbye Lydman we knew you well

I'm pretty sure that's because he's messed in the head. He knows if he plays again it could be enders for him. Thanks Abdelkader. :censored:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.