2013 - 2014 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Tank, don't the Caps have a Russian kid who is good? Kuznetsov. I thought people were excited about him

Kuznetsov doesn't fit this list's age criteria.

BORN: MAY 19, 1992 (AGE 21)

"The prospects eligible for the list require a birthdate no later than 1993 and can’t have any NHL experience. Therefore, several first-round picks that are still deemed prospects such as the Minnesota Wild’s Matt Dumba, Buffalo Sabres’Rasmus Ristolainen and Philadelphia Flyers’ Scott Laughton were ineligible for the list for the time they spent in The Show."

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/drouin-gibson-lazar-lead-scouts-top-10-drafted-132446821.html

Brady Austin just got his lunch handed to him by Connor McDavid. They are saying the nicest goal McDavid has scored for Erie.

Unbelievable skill! TANK ON!!!!

Andre Burakovsky ( Rumoured to be part of a deal that would send Miller to Washington along with one of the Caps young tenders) scores a beauty too.

Edited by Crusader1969

Brady Austin just got his lunch handed to him by Connor McDavid. They are saying the nicest goal McDavid has scored for Erie.

Unbelievable skill! TANK ON!!!!

Andre Burakovsky ( Rumoured to be part of a deal that would send Miller to Washington along with one of the Caps young tenders) scores a beauty too.

The only GM dumb enough to give us Burakovsky for Miller is the dumbass who traded Filip Forsberg for Ma... Wait... Oh.

Linus Ullmark should be getting more pub as a high end Sabres prospect. He is leading the Swedish men's league in save percentage.

A lot of the NA guys appear to be somewhat, not ignore but, they tend to value CHL prospects higher than Europeans. Also Ullmark was a later pick so he is off most radars accept for ours really.

If he can do it next year as well at a similar level, then he will cement himself as our top goalie prospect

This is exactly correct. As much as I like Ullmark and the 1 time I saw him live in Buffalo, he still has a lot to prove. He reminds me of Jonathan Quick a little. He can drop very quickly and has excellent reflexes. His rebound control is decent and I would say his biggest issue is that he is young and still learning. He has to play another year in Sweden and then at least 1-2 years in Rochester before we will truly know.

On a total side note, IMPO Goalies who are good have awesome names. Lundqvist, Hasek, Brodeur, Quick, even Miller has a solid name. Linus Ullmark and Andre Makarov are solid GT names.

A lot of the NA guys appear to be somewhat, not ignore but, they tend to value CHL prospects higher than Europeans. Also Ullmark was a later pick so he is off most radars accept for ours really.

This is exactly correct. As much as I like Ullmark and the 1 time I saw him live in Buffalo, he still has a lot to prove. He reminds me of Jonathan Quick a little. He can drop very quickly and has excellent reflexes. His rebound control is decent and I would say his biggest issue is that he is young and still learning. He has to play another year in Sweden and then at least 1-2 years in Rochester before we will truly know.

On a total side note, IMPO Goalies who are good have awesome names. Lundqvist, Hasek, Brodeur, Quick, even Miller has a solid name. Linus Ullmark and Andre Makarov are solid GT names.

There may be something to that...:lol:

Raising Ristolainen: Sabres' first-round pick growing in Rochester

@matthewwgr Reporting

Matthew Coller

The year: 2022.

The place: The Olympic games.

The event: Men's Hockey – Gold medal game

The tournament has come down to hockey's two world super powers: Finland and Canada. The lights go down for the national anthems. Defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen, with a “C” on his sweater, leads the Blue and White onto the ice. The 6-foot-4 star defenseman stares across the the center-ice logo at Canada's future Hall of Fame captain Steven Stamkos.

Finally, after a long road that saw the Fins beat Jack Eichel, John Gibson and the talented USA team, it is time for Finland to play for gold.

The puck drops. The five-time All-Star Ristolainen grabs the puck, blows through Cananda's zone and sets up teammate Tuevo Teravainen for a one-timer goal. On the next shift, he lays a booming hit on speedster Connor McDavid in the corner. The 26-year-old defenseman breaks up a 2-on-1, then creates a rush of his own, ending in a 100 MPH slapshot.

After being named Tournament MVP, the Sabres' $100 million defenseman returns to Buffalo to a screaming crowd at the airport – all on hand to celebrate his gold.

Meanwhile, AHL assistant coach Drew Bagnall is sitting in his office, watching proudly on TV. He listens to NBC and TSN rave about his former defense partner with the Rochester Americans. None of the analysts mention Bagnall's name. None of the writers call him for an interview about his ex-teammate.

Ristolainen remembers, though. So do the fans who watched him play in Rochester eight years before. They recall Bagnall communicating with the raw rookie on the ice. The Amerks' beat reporter talks with a life-time season ticket holder about the former captain teaching the Finnish star day after day, helping him understand a balance between carrying the puck and playing a sound defensive game.

The Amerks employees remember how Bagnall and Ristolainen dominated their way to a Calder Cup title.

This is good to hear.

Kris Baker@SabresProspects 47m

Cassidy on Armia (para): "He's played best in last 2 wks. Controls play, confident. Puck on a string. Probably highest end skill we've had"

GOOD. One more year playing with the boys down the road, learning to win and to coalesce. (Then again, how well did that work out for the last core? Oh, well, still my preference.)

GOOD. One more year playing with the boys down the road, learning to win and to coalesce. (Then again, how well did that work out for the last core? Oh, well, still my preference.)

Larsson with 2 goals, Pysyk a tally, Armia a helper and Risto with a couple dimes tonight. The kids are alright!!

Edited by inkman

Larsson with 2 goals, Pysyk a tally, Armia a helper and Risto with a couple dimes tonight. The kids are alright!!

I like Larssons. The guys down on the farm have been one of the hottest teams in the league for a while now. I wonder if they can contend for a title this year? Edited by Bills12Sabres11

He could at least spell "Tuevo Teravainen" correctly. lol.

But I was thinking about this when they were asking who on the Sabres could be playing in the next Olympics. I immediately thought of Ristolainen and Zadorov. I think they will be two amazing pillars for this team and I do not want to trade them. Then again, I think of how many of Myers' draft-mates were participating in THIS YEAR'S Olympics, and we still don't know what we have in him, yet.

And Paul Hamilton wrote..."Nobody up front in Rochester has an NHL future." (Except "maybe" Armia, in 3-4 years.)

Not a single mention of Johan Larsson.

Edited by Bob Malooga