Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

Well, Portugal managed to play for a draw and advanced, but finished behind Iceland, which played for a win.

Take that, Ronaldo.

Bracket #1

Basically we got frakking lucky, we are missing out on the big guns by ending 2nd.   Croatia VS Portugal is a must see and we can meet one of those in the semi's.

Offcourse every game is different and we aren't performing well but the way to the final is wide open for us.   Next round we are playing against the winner of Wales vs Northern Ireland.

Croatia - Portugal

Wales - Northern Ireland

Switserland - Poland

Belgium - Hungary 

This one contains all the big nations , some of them are here because they failed, Italy got unlucky wins group but draws Spain.

Bracket #2

France - Ireland

Germany - Slovakia

Italy -  Spain

England - Iceland

Edited by Huckleberry

Cool !  Iceland gets the lowly English !  That's very winnable !

Winner of Wales / Northern Ireland going to the final 8.  About 12 people worldwide predicted that, and they're all in asylums.

Well, Portugal managed to play for a draw and advanced, but finished behind Iceland, which played for a win.

Take that, Ronaldo.

Nice article on Iceland after the Portugal match & Ronaldo being a prick...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/icelands-plucky-soccer-team-is-a-mystery-to-no-one-1466125442

GO ICELAND !!!

Edited by BagBoy

Nice article on Iceland after the Portugal match & Ronaldo being a prick...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/icelands-plucky-soccer-team-is-a-mystery-to-no-one-1466125442

GO ICELAND !!!

Yeah, it's pretty cool that most people in the country actually know someone on the team.

Then again, we're talking about a country so small that it organizes its phone book by first name rather than last.

He plays for Wigan in the English Championship (2nd division). The song originated there, and for reasons I can not fathom has been a bit of a pop culture phenomenon in the UK. To the point where it's been recorded by actual musicians and is, or at least has been, charting on iTunes.

I have to imagine the Northern Ireland fans are being a bit ironic...

He plays for Wigan in the English Championship (2nd division). The song originated there, and for reasons I can not fathom has been a bit of a pop culture phenomenon in the UK. To the point where it's been recorded by actual musicians and is, or at least has been, charting on iTunes.

I have to imagine the Northern Ireland fans are being a bit ironic...

Well the song started out with his club , he had 28 goals in their promotion year to the championship.   But he hasn't done much for the national team so far.

Just a catchy song from the 90's.    Just watch Wales vs Northern Ireland, the whole stadium will sing this.   

here is the original.

Edited by Huckleberry

Well the song started out with his club , he had 28 goals in their promotion year to the championship.   But he hasn't done much for the national team so far.

Just a catchy song from the 90's

here is the original.

Why the blue jerseys yesterday?  I will keep asking you until I get an answer, dammit.

Why the blue jerseys yesterday?  I will keep asking you until I get an answer, dammit.

Yeah I'm pissed off about those to, ugly as hell, its Either red or black ffs, seems the brands are getting fancy with colours this year  :sick:

Atleast its not as bad as Turkey or Spain.

Edited by Huckleberry

I saw a photo of Spain's abhorrent second kit somewhere online the other day. It was early, my mind wasn't quite moving as quickly as it should have been and I had no context. I legitimately spent five seconds thinking there had been some sort of disaster at the game and every Spain player was covered in blood.

Not a good look.

Having the power to turn back time and using it to abort your harmless child instead of killing baby Hitler seems extremely selfish.

Always figured that way that was phrased "reconsider having" that that one was planned; so reconsidering would be staying on the pill or keeping the rascal wrapped.

However, wouldn't simply locking the front door and not allowing Jon "living on his hair" Bon Jovi into the living room in any case be the BEST use of the "turn back time feature?"

Dude pay attention to the lyrics. He's basically telling them they should go back and abort their "accident".

I will reluctantly pay more attention to the lyrics the next time that commercial comes on, currently scheduled for 27.5 minutes from now.  But I'm doing this under protest.

Having the power to turn back time and using it to abort your harmless child instead of killing baby Hitler seems extremely selfish.

If you can't see the similarities between that child and baby Hitler then I can't help you. Both vegetarians as shown by the salsa not containing a meat, and both artists. That kid could have destroyed the world.

Hey is this Argentina - Chile game on an English language channel?  I don't mind watching it on Univision, but I'm not a very knowledgeable soccer fan and I don't speak Spanish, so I'll probably learn more from an English language broadcast.

Edit - Go Chile !!!

Edited by BagBoy

Hey is this Argentina - Chile game on an English language channel?  I don't mind watching it on Univision, but I'm not a very knowledgeable soccer fan and I don't speak Spanish, so I'll probably learn more from an English language broadcast.

Edit - Go Chile !!!

I have no idea, but when the ball goes over the goal line, the team that isn't defending that goal gets a point.  You'll be fine.

I have no idea, but when the ball goes over the goal line, the team that isn't defending that goal gets a point.  You'll be fine.

lol - this has been a fun game.  Scoreless at the half, but two red cards - both teams playing 10 a side.  Ref seems to be a bit megalomaniac, but what do I know?

Pretty sure I will have dreams in Spanish tonight.  Univision commentators definitely make the game sound more interesting than the average English broadcast.

Edit - Go Chile !!!

Fox Sports 1 as far as I'm aware.