Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

lol - this has been a fun game.  Scoreless at the half, but two red cards - both teams playing 10 a side.  Ref seems to be a bit megalomaniac, but what do I know?

Pretty sure I will have dreams in Spanish tonight.  Univision commentators definitely make the game sound more interesting than the average English broadcast.

Yesterday was a sad day for football.

Croatia - portugal was a crappy game, Croatia was the better team but it was hard to find both sides to have any decent attempts on goal untill minute 116.

Not even going to talk about the other two games :(

Today was a good day.

Germany showed how good they are, Ireland almost had an upset , and we won 0 - 4 , but could have been 2 - 9 easy :D

Yesterday was a sad day for football.

Croatia - portugal was a crappy game, Croatia was the better team but it was hard to find both sides to have any decent attempts on goal untill minute 116.

Not even going to talk about the other two games :(

Today was a good day.

Germany showed how good they are, Ireland almost had an upset , and ###### we won 0 - 4 , but could have been 2 - 9 easy :D

Yesterday was horrible.  2 games with teams playing for PKs, and one game that ended that way even though the teams weren't playing for it.

Today was more entertaining even with the routs.  

I'm rooting for you, Belgie.  You or Iceland.  (It isn't going to be Iceland.)

Yesterday was horrible.  2 games with teams playing for PKs, and one game that ended that way even though the teams weren't playing for it.

Today was more entertaining even with the routs.  

I'm rooting for you, Belgie.  You or Iceland.  (It isn't going to be Iceland.)

Wales are scaring me a bit, its a tough team , we did a draw and a loss against them in the Qualifiers.

Hopefully it will make them confident like Hungary but I'm sure they'll play a very defensive game and we have issues with that.

we need an early lead and counter attack them to death.

As for Iceland I can see them beating England, but after that they have to face France.  

They ended up on the wrong side of the bracket.

Wales are scaring me a bit, its a tough team , we did a draw and a loss against them in the Qualifiers.

Hopefully it will make them confident like Hungary but I'm sure they'll play a very defensive game and we have issues with that.

we need an early lead and counter attack them to death.

As for Iceland I can see them beating England, but after that they have to face France.  

They ended up on the wrong side of the bracket.

Iceland is not going to beat England and Wales is not going to beat Belgium.

Copa America with a bizarre final. The ref wanted center stage and sent two players off (one each team) in separate but equally awful circumstances (i.e., awful calls). After 120 minutes went scoreless, Messi choked his PK over the bar and later announced he's done with the national team.

(Chile won the tournament 4-2 on PKs.)

This game is the reason why soccer needs penalty boxes. The amount bs stuff behind the scenes and even in front with intent injure was a disgrace. Free kicks and yellow cards too much, red cards maybe too severe. 5 min man downs would work especially if a team racked up multiple man downs.

Idiot England manager should've brought on that kid with more than 4 minutes remaining.

There were 50 things they should have done as a team and as individuals that they failed to do.

There were 50 things they should have done as a team and as individuals that they failed to do.

So I hear.  I don't know enough to know why they're struggling like they are.

It is so strange how some of the real behemoths in soccer -- like Brazil and England -- are in search of a rebirth.

+++

This is just amazing.

A country with a population the size of Corpus Christi, Texas (I looked that one up) just defeated mighty England (whose population I don't know off-hand - 50M?).

Edited by That Aud Smell

We'll complete that on friday hopefully :D

You're all over it.  Except, umm, my last prediction...

Fun fact: England's manager is paid $4.6 million a year. Iceland's manager is a part time dentist.

Yeah, but he's a dentist.  At least England's manager can pull a tooth.