The Sabres Hockey Hotline with... somebody or other?

LGR4GM

PA, is it possible that you feel guilty about a small voice inside you that was happy hackett was going to stay in the game to help let in the GWG, and that to cope with that guilt you are projecting those emotions onto faceless voices of radio strangers whom you've never met?

If I knew how to embed gifs, it would be Ted "Theodore" Logan rising from Sigmund Freud's couch.

I was listening to the radio as well at that point.  First, as others have pointed out, it's no different than the cheer that every injured player gets when he gets up.  Second, who am I going to trust--RJ, who was at the game?  Or a guy who 99% of the time is *looking* for a reason to be down on the team and its fans?

The point about it being inappropriate to cheer a loss at a live game is well taken.  This nonsense about Hackett's injury is beyond stretching it.

No one gets a "cheer" for getting up from an injury. You get applause. This was a lusty cheer. How's it a stretch? Anybody in that crowd behaving like an ass toward the home team would want Hackett to stay in the game, why wouldn't they sarcastically whoop it up. I know what I heard. And I know Rick like I know the back of my hand. Rick can't overtly editorialize in a situation like that, but I think he found a way to do it subtly and in a backhanded way. Whatever. I don't need to gild the lily to make large parts of that crowd look bad. 

And, on this day of all days, I can at least hold my head high as a fan. I'm apparently in the top 1%. Damning with faint praise for sure.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

Rick and Rob spoke, ya know, words.

Really? I didn't realize.  Oh, wait - the tv feed uses those same words you heard on the radio feed. 

As the saying goes - a picture is worth a thousand words.  In my opinion I saw a situation that looked worse than the words I heard.

Really? I didn't realize.  Oh, wait - the tv feed uses those same words you heard on the radio feed. 

As the saying goes - a picture is worth a thousand words.  In my opinion I saw a situation that looked worse than the words I heard.

The words travel through the radio wire and then are translated into your TV tube. For example, on the radio, Rob says "across" and "yes, you're right."

Delicious superiority.

I should be happy that last night happened. I can now look in the mirror and sleep a little better after wanting the Bruins to beat the Sabres. I know that I hit rock bottom, but others just a-kept on fracking.

No one gets a "cheer" for getting up from an injury. You get applause. This was a lusty cheer. How's it a stretch? Anybody in that crowd behaving like an ass toward the home team would want Hackett to stay in the game, why wouldn't they sarcastically whoop it up. I know what I heard. And I know Rick like I know the back of my hand. Rick can't overtly editorialize in a situation like that, but I think he found a way to do it subtly and in a backhanded way. Whatever. I don't need to gild the lily to make large parts of that crowd look bad. 

And, on this day of all days, I can at least hold my head high as a fan. I'm apparently in the top 1%. Damning with faint praise for sure.

Because you have a well documented history of stretching everything to its most illogical conclusion which is almost always something negative. 

I'm with PA. It was different. RJ even made a comment that, "The crowd is certainly appreciative..."

I just listened to it again and it was different.

I think Rick's head must have been ready to explode. He's a proud and passionate Sabre. There was nothing he could say, but he said a mouthful, AFAIC.

The highest horse creates the tallest piles of horseshit.

I'm the last person who can be accused of being on a high horse. I'm rolling in the hay with the rest of you. I came around to the tank. But there's a barn I won't go in, and I take a measure of pride in that.

The Sabres are a bad team by design. Thank You Pegula/Murray. Last night proved that Arizona is better and deserved 29th place. Why can't we commiserate with the team and coach who have been set up to fail. Cheer them on, root for them to play their best. They are not to blame. Pegula/Murray and the NHL for designing a lottery that encourages Tanking are the villains in this sad story. Cheer for Arizona and Edmonton, but NOT when they play Sabres and certainly NOT at home wearing Sabre gear.

Post of the day, so far.  Well, at least in this thread.

And, on this day of all days, I can at least hold my head high as a fan. I'm apparently in the top 1%.

I'm the last person who can be accused of being on a high horse. I'm rolling in the hay with the rest of you.

Holy contradictory nonsense.

You're holding on too tight.  You've lost the edge.  Turn in your wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7RSPnM9hE

Sweet baby Jebus am I ready for this to be over. We are all ready for this to be over. I think the only one who doesn't want this to be over is Shoop. I think he would much rather talk about this than actual hockey.

Mostly, though, I'm just ready for a Pegula owned Sabres team to finally be better than they were the previous season.

"Oh, snap. No he di' int!"

Edited by SumpfV

I'm the last person who can be accused of being on a high horse. I'm rolling in the hay with the rest of you. I came around to the tank. But there's a barn I won't go in, and I take a measure of pride in that.

Yeah, but there's another barn, and it's smelly, and you made it that way.

There is NFW that the crowd was sarcastic about Hackett.

You should have stuck to the stink in the first barn.  Instead, as is your norm, you needed to make a smellier barn that's all your own.

My brother. It served no purpose at all. It hurt the fans around them who had no choice but to hear and it hurt the players. It hurt this hockey town's reputation. Players around the league were also listening. Who am I to talk? I bitch about the players and franchise on a message board. A message board is the corner street light where you stand around and trash talk your dad. Last night a lot of fans went into the den and told dad to his face to die and go to hell.

I'm talking about going into First Niagara Center in a freakin' Coyotes t-shirt and cheering their goals. It advanced no cause!

I don't reply to you for a reason. What you say, that's a load of crap. Get some Betty Crocker for your but hurt Anna.....

Yeah, but there's another barn, and it's smelly, and you made it that way.

There is NFW that the crowd was sarcastic about Hackett.

You should have stuck to the stink in the first barn.  Instead, as is your norm, you needed to make a smellier barn that's all your own.

I got Swamp with me up in the loft. That's all I care about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.