Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

Doesn't seem to be any metal heads in here.  Saw Slipknot last night at Darien Lake.  Always a high energy show.  Always top notch people watching.  Enjoyed it immensely.

I'm lapsed. I even played in a metal band for like 3 gigs in 96. I did, however, listen to Kill Em All the other day for probably the first time in 10 years. Also, Green Jell[o/y] for the first time in even longer than that.

Doesn't seem to be any metal heads in here. Saw Slipknot last night at Darien Lake. Always a high energy show. Always top notch people watching. Enjoyed it immensely.

I've seen Slipknot live a few times before whenever they toured with Slayer. I've always enjoyed their sets except whenever they play a song off that turd of a 3rd albumn they put out. It's probably been a decade since it came out and I still want my 14 bucks back from that purchase.

Doesn't seem to be any metal heads in here.  Saw Slipknot last night at Darien Lake.  Always a high energy show.  Always top notch people watching.  Enjoyed it immensely.

I'm counting down the days to the release of the new Maiden album.

I've been a metal head for three decades.  Slipknot is bigger with the kids than with the old-school metal heads, but they definitely put on a good live show.

Doesn't seem to be any metal heads in here. Saw Slipknot last night at Darien Lake. Always a high energy show. Always top notch people watching. Enjoyed it immensely.

I like metal. Spent my junior and senior years ear drums deep into master of puppets and Peace sells but slipknot is just too much for me now. Saw them maybe 10-12 years ago with Linkin Park, Papa Roach and what was supposed to be Mudvayne. I was in my early 30s and Slipknot sounded like Satan's marching theme. I couldn't tolerate it all. Left after two songs. Just a complete aural assault.

I like metal. Spent my junior and senior years ear drums deep into master of puppets and Peace sells but slipknot is just too much for me now. Saw them maybe 10-12 years ago with Linkin Park, Papa Roach and what was supposed to be Mudvayne. I was in my early 30s and Slipknot sounded like Satan's marching theme. I couldn't tolerate it all. Left after two songs. Just a complete aural assault.

You old man!   :P

I looking for some suggestions on albums to listen to. I've been frustrated with the music being released these days so I have been looking to the 50's, 60's & 70's for music. I've been listening to Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, the Beatles, early Steve Miller Band, Cat Stevens, Marvin Gaye,  John Coltrane & early Led Zeppelin. Right now I have a rotation of Stevie Wonder's 'Songs in the Key of Life', Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and the Yardbird's 'Roger the Engineer' on the iPod. Any and all suggestions would be welcome.   

not new but not mainstream music that I recommend, Railroad Earth, Galactic, Government Mule, moe., phish, Gogol Bordello, Mop Mop, Pogues, Quantic Soul Orchestra, Ween, Primus

As for older music you may have forgot. Temptations, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, J.J. Cale, Talking Heads,

just off the top of my head. There is mucho music out there, the problem is the music you like and I like is not pop, so it gets very little radio attention, but there is lots of music out there

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to muck up the Bills thread after the Lancelot charging video there (hehehe), but wanted to point out that Spamalot is playing at Geva Theatre here in Rochester through Oct. 11.  I'm going this Saturday evening.

I saw it in Philly on (I think) the first touring round, it, was, FANTASTIC! You won't be disappointed. My girlfriend got me the soundtrack afterwards, I might have to dig it out now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jason Isbell playing tonight in Durham.  I've missed him the last few times he's been through town, but caught him as a member of the Drive By Truckers years ago.

Even Picard is a fan..

one benefit of being married to @sunnyozell is the music I get exposed to...like the brilliant @JasonIsbell. Latest record is superb.

Edited by Claude_Verret