Concerts you plan to attend this year

Weave

I must be the only metalhead here. Went to see Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Alter Bridge and Saint Asonia at Darien Lake July 24th. Was a great show and Disturbed actually recorded the video for one of there new songs that night. Had no clue until I stumbled across it the other day. As for the crowd, the place was packed to the gills, which kinda surprised me.

https://youtu.be/mWqDY7sue8g

I must be the only metalhead here. Went to see Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Alter Bridge and Saint Asonia at Darien Lake July 24th. Was a great show and Disturbed actually recorded the video for one of there new songs that night. Had no clue until I stumbled across it the other day. As for the crowd, the place was packed to the gills, which kinda surprised me.

https://youtu.be/mWqDY7sue8g

You are not the only metal head here for sure.

I saw Disturbed in '06 at Ozzfest. One of the best live performances I have ever seen. Draiman's voice is unreal. Pure power. 

I'm a metalhead , but I don't listen to any of those bands.

As far as groups from buffalo go, give me Cannibal Corpse over The Goo Goo Dolls any day.

As far as this thread goes, I may never go to another concert again, because there is no way I enjoy another concert as much as I did Rush last year.

If you ever go to see Cannibal Corpse, let me know, I'll come along :)

Too bad the Gwar-B-Q is in Virginia. That'd be a fun time. 

If you ever go to see Cannibal Corpse, let me know, I'll come along :)

Too bad the Gwar-B-Q is in Virginia. That'd be a fun time. 

Haha, will do! My friend's father was the band's first drummer. He's not on the wiki page, because it was their VERY first group, you know, cutting their teeth with the instruments in the basement type thing.

Haha, will do! My friend's father was the band's first drummer. He's not on the wiki page, because it was their VERY first group, you know, cutting their teeth with the instruments in the basement type thing.

That's really awesome!!! 

Definitely not the only metalhead. I wanted to see that Disturbed show. My son was there. He said it was jammed with people.

Yeah, for sure. Place was packed. Most people I've ever seen there for a metal show. Although the Uproar Fest years ago when Avenged Sevenfold headlined during their Nightmare tour was a close second.

Yeah, for sure. Place was packed. Most people I've ever seen there for a metal show. Although the Uproar Fest years ago when Avenged Sevenfold headlined during their Nightmare tour was a close second.

Had club seats for that one. Right behind the pit. Killer show.

Sat in the same club seats for Slipknot 2-3yrs ago. The hair on my arms still raise when I remember that one.

Sorry for catching up for a year plus after not visiting this thread. This year seems to be real slow for concerts for me and the wife. If we weren't married I would never see some of the cheesy old crap that she likes and she would never see some of the cheesy old crap that I like. Salute to old rockers still doin their thing. Since I last posted in this thread Stones were F'n awesome at the Ralph. Lots of dancing in the seats. Amazing since last time I saw them was 1981 at Rich stadium :P Certain spots in the parking lot smelled the same though! :flirt:

The Eagles at FNC.

Sigh. Such emotion on this. I have said to many people after all the concerts I've been to, the Eagles are the only one I'd pay up to $200 to see because I've never seen them.  The last time I said that to someone the FNC show was announced about a week later. Of course we went. It was emotional to me. My wife, meh another show you know!!!!! We had seen Glenn Frey before and at that show I really came away with a feeling of cool show but what a pompous self important windbag he is.

Thankfully, the FNC show with the Eagles was an amazing experience if you're an Eagles fan. The band, every member of them got along and played to their strengths. It really was an incredible

event for $192.50 LOL under my limit by $7.50 and worth every penny. More so as Glenn has since passed and that was the last opportunity I had to see the band.

Word of advice, if there is a band or performer you want to see but tix are too expensive or on the wrong day cause you have Pilates scheduled or something, stop. Get your s h it together and buy the tickets to the show. It may very well be the last chance you will ever have to see something you love, live. Do it. Just F'n do it. Sweat the details later but get the best damn ticket you possibly can because you may never get another shot! Get it? I saw Stevie Ray Vaugh at Massey Hall in Toronto with this mentality as a kid. He's an idol of mine and died not long after that show. Are you getting my vibe? Do it while you can.

Plan on seeing the Robert Cray Band.

Robert Cray is an amazing live show. Especially if you see him at Bears Den. Amazing.

haha! I was brought into Rush by my father. Them and Van Halen are engrained in my brain because he played them constantly during my childhood.

Well I guess that seals it then. I'm old enough to be your father :(

P.S. Tell the old man the taste in music never dies and thank you for ingraining it on you. Question for your Dad. Is the black 77 Trans Am with T Tops for sale or just for show?

Not a fan but went to Kenny Chesney last night through a work function. Went backstage and met him. Pretty cool. He is a tiny little man.

Having seen some concert footage of Kenny this is my next must do show. A massive party is what this looks like. With 10,000 hotties in boots! I'm in.

Saw the Eagles last night in Charlottesville. I can't imagine a better performance and sound, considering the mileage on those guys. They looked great too- granted I was in the nosebleeds. Glenn Frey seems like a pretty cool dude.
I would highly recommend checking them out, as they are swing through Buffalo this weekend I think.

I did as you suggested. AWESOME! RIP Glenn. I believe the second last show from them before Glenn passed. Sigh. Didn't know he was sick. RIP GLENN FREY

Doesn't seem to be any metal heads in here.  Saw Slipknot last night at Darien Lake.  Always a high energy show.  Always top notch people watching.  Enjoyed it immensely.

You're Lemmy avatar suits you perfectly sir. Although I should not call you sir because of your affliction for The Ace of Spades The Ace Of Spades.

RIP Lemmy.

Saw him in Toronto with Rainbow about 1986? Richies Rainbow was cool but Lemmy was hardcore. Legit. The real f'ng deal. The Ace of Spades!! THE ACE OF SPADES!

Will never forget that show because of Lemmy not Rainbow.

Went to AC/DC at Dodger Stadium last night, row 10 up against the stage extension.  Kicked. Ass.  Just incredible.

One of the pics from my phone:

RMyZA3h.jpg

Seen then and this is the perfect shot. Thanks Good luck Brian!

Please make sure you buy extra tickets with the intention of re-selling them so we can discuss the pros and cons of your strategy.  It's been too long since that topic has been examined.

thasLOL I am willing to give you $50 less per ticket than you paid and sell them to nfreeman for $30 less per ticket than you paid. Now you do the math!

I pulled the trigger today on tickets to take the family to see Bruce Springsteen on Monday night. Pretty psyched.

I was there and know that you enjoyed the show or you don't like music.

I'm actually thinking of going to Kerfuffle.  Anyone ever been?  Is it fun?

And I'd be going alone, I think, because none of my friends would be interested.  Am I in for a bad time if I do that?

Hmm sick of the commercials but no doubt wgr is missing the revenue from the commercials.

Lately my concert going choices have all been last-minute. Saw Paul McCartney in Boston when I realized prices were crashing on StubHub. Got $120 seats for $45. Then last Sunday I saw Bryan Ferry. Grabbed a lone single seat near the front. I'll be in Buffalo for the Bills/Cards game late September. The Proclaimers are playing that Friday night at Town Ballroom. Looking forward to that.

How much for your seats?

Edited by beerme1

You are not the only metal head here for sure.

I saw Disturbed in '06 at Ozzfest. One of the best live performances I have ever seen. Draiman's voice is unreal. Pure power. 

That Ozzfest was awesome. Disturbed was great, but System was the best for me. Plus you got to see a bunch of metalheads swear at Avenged Sevenfold, which was great.

Blink-182 on, I believe, the 24th of August....

I too will be going to that - a little throwback to the band of my youth. First cd I ever bought!

Anyone else going to the Blink 182 concert at Darien on the 24th? I'm really enjoying their new album, should be a good setlist and a good mix of old and new songs.

Me!

Got a call from a friend of mine last night. Said he had an extra ticket for the Bills game Saturday and another for the Goo Goo Dolls concert Saturday night. So we're going to watch the first half of the Bills game then head over to Darien Lake. Never seen the GGD, so I'm pretty psyched to see the boys from Buffalo rock out for their hometown fans.

Got a call from a friend of mine last night. Said he had an extra ticket for the Bills game Saturday and another for the Goo Goo Dolls concert Saturday night. So we're going to watch the first half of the Bills game then head over to Darien Lake. Never seen the GGD, so I'm pretty psyched to see the boys from Buffalo rock out for their hometown fans.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that you're gonna get flack for this from some...

I've seen them at Mohegan Sun, The Landmark in Syracuse, SPAC, and in Buffalo(x2). They were always good. I haven't seen them since Let Love In, so I have no idea how the setlist has changed, but they used to play almost entirely their rock catalog. And they are fully self aware of their sellout reputation.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that you're gonna get flack for this from some...

I've seen them at Mohegan Sun, The Landmark in Syracuse, SPAC, and in Buffalo(x2). They were always good. I haven't seen them since Let Love In, so I have no idea how the setlist has changed, but they used to play almost entirely their rock catalog. And they are fully self aware of their sellout reputation.

I thought I might, but hey it's free so wth. I'm sure I'll be watching the eye candy more the the GGD anyways.

• 1 month later...

Still recovering from seeing Kyng, Zakk Sabbath, and Clutch at the Town Ballroom last night.

Wasn't familiar with Kyng, so didn't know what to expect.  Really solid band.  Lots of tempo changes in their music.  Good bit of a speed metal sound to alot of it.  Two thumbs up.

Zakk Wylde's band was 2nd on stage.  Basically they are an Ozzie years Sabbath cover band.  Quite entertaining.  Being Zakk Wylde he had to turn every tune into a guitar mastur-bation session at some point.  But the crowd loved it.  At one point he went up into the crowd and I ended up arm's length from him as he did a very extended solo at the end of War Pigs.  Little guy.  I was surprised at how short he is.  And he has the creepiest guitar face.  WTAF.

And then Clutch came on and absolutely killed it.  As they always do.  Played nearly every tune from their latest album and a few of their most popular tunes as well.  That band is always tight.

Show started at 8.  Long ride home.  Up early for work.  I am dragging ass big time.  And the tinnitus is still strong.  I'm getting to old for this ######.

Edited by We've

Just bought tickets for a show that shouldn't leave me drained the next day.......

Oct 12 at the UB Performing Arts Center.  wife and I are going to see Post Modern Jukebox.   We love queuing up their videos on youtube.  Some of the talent in that group is incredible.  Always said if they came to town I want to see them.  So we are.....

OMGOMGOMG Haley Reinhart!   *swoons*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...