Offseason

thewookie1

So who do you want to see gone, who do want to be kept?

May as well try to keep our minds off tonight and rather look to the future.

Maybe if we go after Pegs enough he'll rid us of Darcy.

I give Leino 1 more year, if he does another -10 goals in a season, he should be buried in the minors.

Resign Sulzer, I like this guy,he not flashy but he's consistantly there.

Weber and Sekera I would be willing to part with, even Leopold with the right offer.

Gerbe and Kaleta are on the fence for me.

Gerbe's fun to watch but let us all down this year.

Kaleta I would love to keep but the refs have a bounty on his head so I'm less excited

Keep Ennis!

Rid the team of Boyes and Hecht

Bring in more Folignos (power forwards that care)

So who do you want to see gone, who do want to be kept?

May as well try to keep our minds off tonight and rather look to the future.

Maybe if we go after Pegs enough he'll rid us of Darcy.

I give Leino 1 more year, if he does another -10 goals in a season, he should be buried in the minors.

Resign Sulzer, I like this guy,he not flashy but he's consistantly there.

Weber and Sekera I would be willing to part with, even Leopold with the right offer.

Gerbe and Kaleta are on the fence for me.

Gerbe's fun to watch but let us all down this year.

Kaleta I would love to keep but the refs have a bounty on his head so I'm less excited

Keep Ennis!

Rid the team of Boyes and Hecht

Bring in more Folignos (power forwards that care)

I have many thoughts on this issue, but tonight isn't the night for them.

Tonight is for a few Sammys and thinking of what might have been. :beer:

I have many thoughts on this issue, but tonight isn't the night for them.

Tonight is for a few Sammys and thinking of what might have been. :beer:

What would have been another first round playoff exit?

My wish list for this offseason:

Gone: Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier, Ville Leino, Brad Boyes, Patrick Kaleta, Jochen Hecht, Matt Ellis, Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Robyn Regher, Cody McCormick, Ryan Miller.

Yes, I want sweeping changes. Too many of the old, expensive faces, the new expensive faces and and the boring, familiar faces didn't produce. I'm sick of this Sabres culture. They've done nothing but breathlessly run to catch the bus these last few years...I know they almost caught the bus this year and they did last year but that standard is way too low. I'm not going to go into the reasons why I want these guys out of here but I want a new culture that's focused on youth and physicality.

I'm going to sit down like a coach and go over the roster before I say who I think should stay and go. But for now, Ted Black needs to make himself known this offseason. They need to go into the draft with the mindset of drafting good and trading for NHL ready.

Out: Roy Boyes Gerbe Kaleta Hecht Sekera Leopold Ruff and Regier

I would totally entertain for a year Ruff being moved to GM and regier being fired. Let Ruff find us a different coach that has a totally different approach then he does and see what he can do for us. If it doesn't workout then Ruff goes.

Now what will this Status quo team do nothing just sign some dead weight that we dont need ie Ville Lenio and blame everything on injuries.

I would totally entertain for a year Ruff being moved to GM and regier being fired. Let Ruff find us a different coach that has a totally different approach then he does and see what he can do for us. If it doesn't workout then Ruff goes.

Now what will this Status quo team do nothing just sign some dead weight that we dont need ie Ville Lenio and blame everything on injuries.

What makes you think Ruff would be a good GM? I have seen that suggestion many times here and really don't get it. Then you want to move him to GM for one year?

I dont know if he would be a good GM but with this love affair alot of people have with him I would be ok if he relinquished duties of head coach and took another role in the org. The hole one year thing I suggested wasn't a one year contract it was more of if he doesn't cut it then move on. I just want a change in managment and right now I dont care which one or if both of them go.

Gone: Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier, Ville Leino, Brad Boyes, Patrick Kaleta, Jochen Hecht, Matt Ellis, Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy, Robyn Regher, Cody McCormick, Ryan Miller.

Yes, I want sweeping changes. Too many of the old, expensive faces, the new expensive faces and and the boring, familiar faces didn't produce. I'm sick of this Sabres culture. They've done nothing but breathlessly run to catch the bus these last few years...I know they almost caught the bus this year and they did last year but that standard is way too low. I'm not going to go into the reasons why I want these guys out of here but I want a new culture that's focused on youth and physicality.

Why on Earth would you want to move Regehr?

Been so long since I've seen him play, I kinda' forgot about him. I'd keep Rej and Regier and am surprised you'd want to dump them - especially Regier. As for Leo, well, I'd bring him into camp and see if he can earn the roster spot over the young guys...

roy moved to 4th line....bye bye to boyes,kaleta,Gerbe(too bad i was a big fan--but he didnt show up this year)

keep stafford on line w ennis and foligno(for Gods sake dont screw that one up Lindy)

ooops--last but not least bye bye halfmillionagoalLeino

Good post..a five year plan to rebuild.. the problem would be, who could you get to come to Buffalo with Lindy still in place.Most of the guys on your list, and possibly more than a few that are not, are probably dying to get away so it should be easy to just let them go.Put them all on waivers and see what happens. Within a week you would have a blank slate and Darcy could start again. :D

I wouldnt be shocked if the sabres sign Hecht to a 1 or 2 contract around 1.something million. If healthy he still is a valuable 3rd line center and great PK player. Problem is people always thought wow Hecht should score 60 points every year.

20 points and shutting down the opponent is fine for me.

I wouldnt be shocked if the sabres sign Hecht to a 1 or 2 contract around 1.something million. If healthy he still is a valuable 3rd line center and great PK player. Problem is people always thought wow Hecht should score 60 points every year.

20 points and shutting down the opponent is fine for me.

He hasn't passed his tests yet.

I don't think he passes any teams physical. Best wishes but ...

He hasn't passed his tests yet.

I don't think he passes any teams physical. Best wishes but ...

health is the issue and health comes first... however if he passes the test, I would like to see him back in buffalo as a 3rd liner. 10-12 min TOI per game...

He's a valuable defensive player though. We should be in no hurry to get rid of him just because of age.

He got absolutely burned in the most critical situation of the season last night, and it's not the first time, either. I'm not saying get rid of him, but after seeing him look like a freaking pylon in a handful of 1v1s this season makes you wonder if he still has the legs to compete with the speedier forwards in the game.

He got absolutely burned in the most critical situation of the season last night, and it's not the first time, either. I'm not saying get rid of him, but after seeing him look like a freaking pylon in a handful of 1v1s this season makes you wonder if he still has the legs to compete with the speedier forwards in the game.

Hal Gill still has a job. And he's a massive pylon. But his defensive play around the net is where he matters. Similar to Regehr. We've been needing someone who can crush players around the net. Moving Regehr removes that skill set from our D corps that we desperately need.

Hal Gill still has a job. And he's a massive pylon. But his defensive play around the net is where he matters. Similar to Regehr. We've been needing someone who can crush players around the net. Moving Regehr removes that skill set from our D corps that we desperately need.

Agreed of Regehr. I think the D should remain intact unless there is a trade value in moving any of them except Meyers. McNabb and TJ Brennan need some more seasoning, but given the Sabres are 9 deep at D and they needed everyone of those guys with the injuries they have had, I don't make any big moves. Front line and specifically center and scoring need help. I don't trust Stafford. Roy gives away as many opportunity as he creates. Kaleta is a good specialy teams guys and energy guy and along with Hecht make potentially a very good checking PP kill line. I start with center and consider punting Roy, Leino and Stafford plus the four picks in the first rounds for a guy like Nash. Also the Sabres need to consider grooming Miller's successor. I don't think this team needs a whole lot, mostly 1st line offense and goalie.

Archived