GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo (3/30/2012, 7:30pm)

deluca67

From the looks of things, seems like Fleury is getting worn out and needs a rest, but they don't have a backup that they are comfortable enough with to give Fleury a night off and have a chance to win. Now with their defence banged up, it seems like the right time to be playing the Pens

Maybe Fleury wasn't as "healthy" as they claimed after the hit he took. I finally got a chance to see it, and it looked like he could at least have some whiplash if not a concussion. They're also still missing Letang and Lovejoy, that D is beat up (not that it matters....... :rolleyes: ).

I feel a repeat of the Ranger game last Friday. Big win tonight!

the 'guins must have gotten in late last night from the island.

so, probably no skate, or an optional one.

i am confident that they are staying at the embassy suites on delaware ave. (all of the nhl teams have come to prefer it (maybe other than ott'wa?)).

pre-game nap time is -- what ... at around 2?

sabrespace team ...

assemble.jpg

6/52 makes me nervous. I can hear RJ already..."still not out".

10, while he was playing very well overall...had some horrendous turnovers in the last few games....I think 6/52 will be just fine....Sulzer is making good reads and gets the puck out with very good up ice passes most of the time.

the 'guins must have gotten in late last night from the island.

so, probably no skate, or an optional one.

i am confident that they are staying at the embassy suites on delaware ave. (all of the nhl teams have come to prefer it (maybe other than ott'wa?)).

pre-game nap time is -- what ... at around 2?

sabrespace team ...

assemble.jpg

Aud... We've been standing here literally the entire time you have.

Well braggin rights are on the line with tonights game with all the yinzer's here in Da'berg. I too wanted Pitt to win last night so that maybe they would not be as desperate tonight. Pens are now just 2 points up on Phl and falling farther behind NYR for 1st.

I expect to see a pissed desperate Pens club tonight however they did play last night which gives our boys the edge energywise. I watched some of both of the Isles Pens game and the key to beating the Pens is to take away time and space from their skilled players. I believe Bflo was the first to actually show that plan to the rest of the league and accomplished it in our Sunday afternoon win several weeks ago. Same formula applies tonight and with the better rested team and and a solid game from Miller I want the 2 points.

Let's go Buff-a-lo !

For sure. The Pens fans in my office have been pretty low key as they have had their fair share of spankings recently. Yesterday one of them predicted they would fall in the first round. A very unpens fan like prediction. The thing that sucks the most is I will have to watch the local Root sports broadcast with Steigy and that windbag Bob Errey.

I'm getting worried. Washington has a pretty easy last 4 games (Montreal, Tampa, Florida and the Rangers -- and it's likely that none of the 4 will have anything at stake when the Caps play them), while the Sabres have Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston and 2 against the Leafs. Pittsburgh and Philly are neck-and-neck and accordingly will be playing hard. Boston may or may not need a win to hang on to the #2 seed, and the Leafs will probably run for the bus but might be trying to play spoiler

The Caps could easily run the table, which would require the Sabres to go at least 4-0-1.

I'm getting worried. Washington has a pretty easy last 4 games (Montreal, Tampa, Florida and the Rangers -- and it's likely that none of the 4 will have anything at stake when the Caps play them), while the Sabres have Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston and 2 against the Leafs. Pittsburgh and Philly are neck-and-neck and accordingly will be playing hard. Boston may or may not need a win to hang on to the #2 seed, and the Leafs will probably run for the bus but might be trying to play spoiler

The Caps could easily run the table, which would require the Sabres to go at least 4-0-1.

If the Caps can run the table, I'm confident the Sabres can go 4-0-1. I'm not as worried as I normally am about this kind of thing...

you're killing me, dude.

If the Caps can run the table, I'm confident the Sabres can go 4-0-1. I'm not as worried as I normally am about this kind of thing...

That's very optimistic. We've got a tough stretch of games to end the year....

The bold part just fascinates me!

It's probably not as interesting as it seems. In general, the Sabres' record conditional on scoring at least one goal is probably pretty good, and the Sabres' record conditional on scoring at least two goals is probably much better. Add to that the Ennis is not in the top-5 for scoring on the Sabres, so he can be considered secondary scoring for most of that (recent stretch at center, aside), which means that if he scores one, then there's a good chance that they score at least two (and likewise two means most likely three or more), and it's not that surprising. Pick any team that isn't in the cellar, select any player in the 5th-8th in scoring on that team, and you'll probably find a similar record conditional on that player scoring one or two points.

Is that assuming the Panthers took the division by that point?

That's very optimistic. We've got a tough stretch of games to end the year....

it is very optimistic, but it is similarly (albeit not equally) so from the perspective of a caps' fan.

it says here that the caps will not win out. i'm hoping/looking for them to go 2-2 or 2-1-1.

It's probably not as interesting as it seems. In general, the Sabres' record conditional on scoring at least one goal is probably pretty good, and the Sabres' record conditional on scoring at least two goals is probably much better. Add to that the Ennis is not in the top-5 for scoring on the Sabres, so he can be considered secondary scoring for most of that (recent stretch at center, aside), which means that if he scores one, then there's a good chance that they score at least two (and likewise two means most likely three or more), and it's not that surprising. Pick any team that isn't in the cellar, select any player in the 5th-8th in scoring on that team, and you'll probably find a similar record conditional on that player scoring one or two points.

well...that puts a damper on my fascination :(

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres

Have a #19 jersey? Come to the #Sabres Store today to get the name switched to "Hodgson" for free! Today & for #19 only for #SabresFanDay.

Pretty cool stuff!!!

This is why I love Ted Black. What a stroke of genius.

Hey Jack - Here's your chance to get a name on your back you can be proud to wear!

And here's an example:

Looking at the most similar player to Ennis stats-wise (43GP, .67P/G) on the Rangers (team with the most wins), we have Carl Hagelin (59GP, .63P/G).

The Rangers' record when Hagelin gets a point: 21-5-1

Record when Hagelin gets 2 points: 7-1-1

Those are pretty similar records, if you ask me (though Ennis' are still better on a team with 11 fewer wins).

This is why I love Ted Black. What a stroke of genius.

Hey Jack - Here's your chance to get a name on your back you can be proud to where!

Columbus did this recently as well for Jack Johnson..and it is smart.

Tivo night tonight..dinner plans cannot break..cmon fells make this easy and get a 3-0 lead end of 2

The Panthers could have the division at stake when they play teh Caps, I think only 4 points seprate them now, they stumble and that game could be for the division

The Sabres have 2 games against the Leafs who are down to their 3rd and 4th goalie and have given up, and 3 tough, but winnable games against the Flyers, Bruins (who haven't been great lately) and Pens (who are banged up right now)

While its not going to be a cake walk into the playoffs, Its not as bleak as some might make it out to be, as long as they can win tonight

Archived