GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo (3/30/2012, 7:30pm)

deluca67

As mentioned before, I lay more blame in the three months this team decided to play with their fingers up their ###### than one point lost in the middle of a hectic sprint back to the playoff picture.

I agree with this sentiment.

Roy missed at least 2 wide open nets and took a stupid penalty in the Offensive zone, yet he doesn't even get mentioned, because of a headache ? That headache crap reminds me of a runningback that coughs up the ball and then suddenly is injured, to blame those misses on the headache (which it seems Lindy is doing) is ridiculous. The love affair between Lindy and Roy gets me nauseous. :sick:

Yep. Where were ROY'S goals?

Vanek scored 3 goals in March, vs only 1 for Roy.

Lindy is extremely inconsistent with his criticism of the players. Might not want to be criticizing one of the guys who actually SCORED in this game? How about the consistent underachievers like Roy and Leino?

Here's ESPN's spin on Roy

Spin: Roy still sees a great deal of ice time (19:16 per game), but his offensive numbers have taken a severe downturn this season. He has just 41 points in 75 games, but will be there if you need him Friday.

Vanek is paid Crosby and and Malkin money. So we want to compare him to Roy? LOL I'm guessing, but they signed their contracts AFTER a cup win? Vanek scores more than Roy and is a terrible skater. He was last man out of the zone last night when a pillar gave him a breakaway. Wow, and some loser reporter gave him the number two star! He was NOT the best Sabre on the ice. And skating in a back to back game, he won't be tonight. Staff isn't happy with him; and, that is from an insider.

I was just going to point this out this morning. That Avs game is gonna haunt us.

Yep.

The difference between the Weber screw-up and the December games - the calendar and the situation. No one was thinking that a single game in December was particularly critical. However, when Weber blew that game, we were in serious catch the Capitals' mode, and the ENTIRE team was aware, or SHOULD have been aware, how critical each and every point was to making the playoffs.

This is what makes Weber's blunder particularly inexcusable. If I were his boss, I would have ripped him up one side and down the other for that. I would also make it clear that if he expects to be wearing a Sabres jersey in six months, he'd best get his &*(& together, and fast!

Vanek does make more than Roy. But making $4.5 million a year isn't chump change either.

Yep.

The difference between the Weber screw-up and the December games - the calendar and the situation. No one was thinking that a single game in December was particularly critical. However, when Weber blew that game, we were in serious catch the Capitals' mode, and the ENTIRE team was aware, or SHOULD have been aware, how critical each and every point was to making the playoffs.

This is what makes Weber's blunder particularly inexcusable. If I were his boss, I would have ripped him up one side and down the other for that. I would also make it clear that if he expects to be wearing a Sabres jersey in six months, he'd best get his &*(& together, and fast!

Vanek does make more than Roy. But making $4.5 million a year isn't chump change either.

Really one play, by one guy in an 82 game season determines the playoffs. It is Webber's fault? Really? WTF is is this board about? EVERY player on this team has made a play which has cost this team a point. That's life.

Yep.

seriously, it is impossible to think that they would go on a run without ever squandering a point. You yourself complain about every player, yet are shocked when they make a mistake. Everyone on the ice for that play was to blame, and they also had a hand in the amazing run they've been on. That was one point lost, compared to 24 in a row on the road. Excuse everyone for thinking that those points may have had more of an impact now than that one.

And we get it. Roy underachieves. Crying about it doesn't make it better. Go sabres.

Archived