GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo (3/30/2012, 7:30pm)

deluca67

I hate these "party on the plaza" games and fan appreciation night. Why do I feel like the fans always go home disappointed in these games? This is the classic game where Buffalo will come out too amped...Pitt will get a couple of beautiful chances early and it will be up to Miller to keep it 0-0. Then Buffalo will turn it on, end up with like 40 shots and hopefully not get robbed. Seems like they've been able to put away their great chances recently. Gotta keep it going.

Ticked that Boston couldn't give us a little help last night. They fight back with 2 goals late in the 3rd to tie it and all Thomas had to do was make 1 more save and we at least stay in 8th by a point. I figured Boston was jinxed when they put the stat up that Thomas was 6-0 in shootouts this year.

Oh well, we need to take care of our own business tonight.

I hate these "party on the plaza" games and fan appreciation night. Why do I feel like the fans always go home disappointed in these games? This is the classic game where Buffalo will come out too amped...Pitt will get a couple of beautiful chances early and it will be up to Miller to keep it 0-0. Then Buffalo will turn it on, end up with like 40 shots and hopefully not get robbed. Seems like they've been able to put away their great chances recently. Gotta keep it going.

:blink: Last year's fan appreciation night was pretty spectacular! They beat the Phlyers on Vanek's awesome OT goal, and Gerbe had that ridiculous over the shoulder scoop goal to tie it.

I think this is gonna be a tight game, but I think the Sabres are going to have the advantage. If we can get under the Pen's skin early, I think it'll throw them off their game, basically do what we did to Washington. This is a Pen's team that just got swept in a home and home with the Islander's for crying out loud!

:blink: Last year's fan appreciation night was pretty spectacular! They beat the Phlyers on Vanek's awesome OT goal, and Gerbe had that ridiculous over the shoulder scoop goal to tie it.

I do remember that well. I'm probably thinking more of the Party on the plaza nights like they had earlier this season and early last season.

Ticked that Boston couldn't give us a little help last night. They fight back with 2 goals late in the 3rd to tie it and all Thomas had to do was make 1 more save and we at least stay in 8th by a point. I figured Boston was jinxed when they put the stat up that Thomas was 6-0 in shootouts this year.

Oh well, we need to take care of our own business tonight.

When Semin scored that shootout goal last night i knew Boston was toast. All Thomas needed was that save,,,argh!

Well braggin rights are on the line with tonights game with all the yinzer's here in Da'berg. I too wanted Pitt to win last night so that maybe they would not be as desperate tonight. Pens are now just 2 points up on Phl and falling farther behind NYR for 1st.

I expect to see a pissed desperate Pens club tonight however they did play last night which gives our boys the edge energywise. I watched some of both of the Isles Pens game and the key to beating the Pens is to take away time and space from their skilled players. I believe Bflo was the first to actually show that plan to the rest of the league and accomplished it in our Sunday afternoon win several weeks ago. Same formula applies tonight and with the better rested team and and a solid game from Miller I want the 2 points.

Let's go Buff-a-lo !

Tonight's the night the Sabres show that Tuesday wasn't a fluke. I wouldn't rely on the Bruins for anything right now, I think they are in the neighborhood of 17-18-1 over their last 36 games.. not real good.

It worked before... so here's another:

See you after the game.

Huge game for the Sabres tonight. The Caps, who seem to produce a big win every time I think they're ready to run for the bus, did so again last night, so the pressure is 100% back on the Sabres.

After winning 11 in a row (!), Pittsburgh has lost 3 of their last 5 (and 4 out of 7).

What often gets lost in the Crosby/Malkin glamor is how physical of a team Pittsburgh is. They play a hard game.

This game will be a real test.

In addition to the likelihood of Johnson starting in goal, Letang & Niskanen are both out on the back end......let's do this

Letang...sounds like a French girl I used to...err, nevermind. Let's Go, Buffalo!!!

This must be a record for amount of time that 4 lines of a Lindy Ruff team have been kept together! :rolleyes:

I just realized that I won't be watching tonight's game :( Girlfriend asked me to take her place at a Larry the Cable Guy show in Binghamton with her parents so she didn't have to trade away a shift at work. I accepted... :oops:

Archived