GDT: Canadiens at Sabres 3/21/12 7:00pm

Andrew Amerk

While it may be easier now than pre-lockout, I think the only other goaltender to accomplish it since the lockout is Lundqvist. It's not like any scrub can do it.

Apparently Luongo and Kiprusoff have also done it. I stand by my point, it's impressive.

Ruff, Trotz, Babcock

Only 3 coaches to coach all 7 post-lockout years with the same team. Even more impressive!!

What is this "interference"?

It seems somehow familiar... yet... distant.

That's the first PP goal we've scored against Montreal this season, despite being 7-0-1 in the series.

I wish we had beat them seven times this year, but it was only five. Hard to get seven wins when we only play 'em six times ;)

I really do love beating Montreal, though. More ammunition for next year when I am there :P

Great hockey. More of that, please.

Ruff, Trotz, Babcock

Only 3 coaches to coach all 7 post-lockout years with the same team. Even more impressive!!

Can't you at least be happy about the Bills' moves today if you can't be happy about the Sabres winning? ;)

It seems somehow familiar... yet... distant.

I wish we had beat them seven times this year, but it was only five. Hard to get seven wins when we only play 'em six times ;)

I really do love beating Montreal, though. More ammunition for next year when I am there :P

Great hockey. More of that, please.

That's the Sabres record in thir last 8 versus Montreal (now 8-0-1 in the last 9 dating to last season), just a typo regarding this season.

Ruff, Trotz, Babcock

So a coach's tenure is now comparable to a goaltender's consecutive winning seasons? :rolleyes:

If Miller were a Bills player you'd probably have him in the Hall of Fame and be slobbering over Ralph's old balls for keeping him around.

I was completely embarrassed by my section. No life, NOTHING, even when I called out, hey, 114, let's get it going! Which I did several times. After Cody's second, we had a brief "Co-dy-Hod-son" (silent G) going, but that was it.

PA's criticisms may have been two years too early, but, at least as far as I'm concerned, he would have been right on tonight.

Glad for the win. 114 may as well have been a corporate suite tonight, though. And it's not always that way.

No offense to the OP but with these GDT's can we get a home/away and time put on the title please. A game discussion tag and opponent city tag also. Makes for better searching later.

Sorry. I just copied what cvanvol did for the last game.

Great game tonight. Hodgson and Miller played well.

I am now 1-0-0 in GDT's.

Ignore her. Whatever you did, do It again next game.

You're cut off no more nukki for you. And if anyone thinks that a game day thread necessitates the Sabres winning or losing really needs to get a life.

I was wrong. Do whatever she says.

So a coach's tenure is now comparable to a goaltender's consecutive winning seasons? :rolleyes:

If Miller were a Bills player you'd probably have him in the Hall of Fame and be slobbering over Ralph's old balls for keeping him around.

There's a mental image worth killing myself over.

Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny...

...And these girls like these boys like these boys like these girls

The girls with the bodies like boys with Ferraris...

Cody Hodgson is settling in just like I though he might. Good for the kid and I hope he continues to produce for us. We must keep winning, nothing else matters. Lets go Buffalo!

Glory

Game Summary

:blush: :P :worthy:

16 points left.. Go get, all of 'em

Cole and Subhan really impressed me. They are both hard to get the puck from once they get it.

one of the worst parts of the push for the playoffs

Yeah, I know.... I hate Philly - LOL. But, it's gotta be done.

The consolation prize - if Philly loses, we can hate 'em even more. :)

Glory

Game Summary

:blush: :P :worthy:

16 points left.. Go get, all of 'em

Cole and Subhan really impressed me. They are both hard to get the puck from once they get it.

Subban had a ######-load of ice time too. It seemed like he was always out there. Guy is tough as nails and obviously in great physical condition.

I was completely embarrassed by my section. No life, NOTHING, even when I called out, hey, 114, let's get it going! Which I did several times. After Cody's second, we had a brief "Co-dy-Hod-son" (silent G) going, but that was it.

PA's criticisms may have been two years too early, but, at least as far as I'm concerned, he would have been right on tonight.

Glad for the win. 114 may as well have been a corporate suite tonight, though. And it's not always that way.

I'll be there Saturday and promise you I will be yelling until my voice is horse. This is such a tight playoff race, how are the fans still not in it? What will the crowds be like if we make the playoffs? "Well how can I wave pom poms when I sit on my hands all night?"

I'll be there Saturday and promise you I will be yelling until my voice is horse. This is such a tight playoff race, how are the fans still not in it? What will the crowds be like if we make the playoffs? "Well how can I wave pom poms when I sit on my hands all night?"

I think everyone is really nervous. Especially in games like last night that we are supposed to win. As a result, people are paying so much attention to every play and detail that they forget to be loud. While i can understand how many ended up in this condition, it is completely unacceptable.

I typically only give my game summaries when I attend a game in person. I was there so here goes!

• Sweeping Drew Stafford's legs out from under him on a breakaway as he's shooting is not worthy of a penalty shot? Ummm ok well at least it's a penalty, right? Ughhhh wow
  • Vanek, Hodgson, Tropp line - Somehow Vanek was the worst looking player on a line comprised of and AHLer and a rookie prospect? Strange
  • Sekera looks like he may still be recovering from pneumonia ... had some bad giveaways and wasn't playing as physically as I was seeing him play this season
  • Montreal made the Sabres their ###### all night in the physical game and this was really upsetting
  • P.K. Subban upended multiple Sabres in multiple situations with no retribution from anybody, that was infuriating. I don't need to see the guy knocked out in a fight but somebody please hit the guy when he's skating in circles with the puck for 10 seconds in your own end
  • A wraparound goal against Carey Price?! LoL things are not right in Montreal
  • Tyler Myers is back in cuddly teddy bear mode
  • What was Regher acquired for again? Most of hits these days are misses.
  • Turnbull did absolutely nothing to lead me to believe he wants to play in the NHL. Seemed like an opportunity of a lifetime with absolutely no show of Buffalo Sabres physicality ... but nope
  • The crowd was about average. I cheered quite a bit and quite loudly in the 117 section but I was the only one I saw in that area making any noise
  • The crowd chanted "U - S - A" in the third which was really stupid. Especially considering the only three goals scored in the game were by Canadians (and one by a Montreal native). I don't get this chant? It doesn't motivate our Germans/Swedish/Finish/Austrian/Canadian players I don't think. Is this one more for the beer guzzlers?!

All-in-all I'll take the two points. I would much appreciate seeing a Sabres team that stood up for itself in the hits department a bit though.

I typically only give my game summaries when I attend a game in person. I was there so here goes!

• [1]Sweeping Drew Stafford's legs out from under him on a breakaway as he's shooting is not worthy of a penalty shot? Ummm ok well at least it's a penalty, right? Ughhhh wow
  • Vanek, Hodgson, Tropp line - Somehow Vanek was the worst looking player on a line comprised of and AHLer and a rookie prospect? Strange
  • Sekera looks like he may still be recovering from pneumonia ... had some bad giveaways and wasn't playing as physically as I was seeing him play this season
  • Montreal made the Sabres their ###### all night in the physical game and this was really upsetting
  • P.K. Subban upended multiple Sabres in multiple situations with no retribution from anybody, that was infuriating. I don't need to see the guy knocked out in a fight but somebody please hit the guy when he's skating in circles with the puck for 10 seconds in your own end
  • A wraparound goal against Carey Price?! LoL things are not right in Montreal
  • Tyler Myers is back in cuddly teddy bear mode
  • What was Regher acquired for again? Most of hits these days are misses.
  • Turnbull did absolutely nothing to lead me to believe he wants to play in the NHL. Seemed like an opportunity of a lifetime with absolutely no show of Buffalo Sabres physicality ... but nope
  • The crowd was about average. I cheered quite a bit and quite loudly in the 117 section but I was the only one I saw in that area making any noise
  • [2]The crowd chanted "U - S - A" in the third which was really stupid. Especially considering the only three goals scored in the game were by Canadians (and one by a Montreal native). I don't get this chant? It doesn't motivate our Germans/Swedish/Finish/Austrian/Canadian players I don't think. Is this one more for the beer guzzlers?!

All-in-all I'll take the two points. I would much appreciate seeing a Sabres team that stood up for itself in the hits department a bit though.

[1] Take a look at the video if you can find it. He gets all stick and Staff just loses his balance and falls.

[2] Should we not chant Let's Go Buffalo because it will only motivate Kaleta and Foligno? and Pommer plays internationally for the good old US of A.

Crowd has been dead for 2 years now and the only time they turn it up is for the Toronto (and usually Montreal) games. It is not the product on the ice like the excuse has been for so long. It is not the nervous energy either. It is what it is and I don't think it will change until at LEAST an advance to the 2nd round is made.....

My solution would be to pipe the organ through the PA during play to get the lets go buffalo chant going. The Canes do it and so should we.

Archived