GDT: Buffalo vs. Carolina (3/7/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Gentlemen, there's no doubt we're up against it. We have been for a while. We've no one to blame but ourselves, and we've no one to turn to but each other. We've faced our share of adversity this year, and not one of us, at this point, will be able to look our grandchildren in the eye, and retell the legends of our will to overcome. Our descent has been documented, recorded in history for all to see. We've passed through each circle on our descent. The lust and gluttony of the Rigases, the Greed and Heresy of Galisano and Quinn. The Fraud of the NHL and and the goal crease. This year, the sins are our own. And they are of the worst nature. We have committed treason against our selves. Like Cain, did not protect, but rather harmed our brother. But in the lowest level of the deepest circle lie the traitors to their benefactors. We have failed our fans.

But the final chapters have not yet been written. From the depths, we have begun to rise. Like Dante, we have scaled the fur of the Beast Himself, passed through that 9th circle, and emerged on the other side, beneath a star studded sky.

And of that second kingdom will I sing

Wherein the human spirit doth purge itself

One fifth remains. 16 games for us to purge our spirit of the sins of the past. 16 games to rid ourselves of our pride and envy, to exterminate our sloth and avarice. The trials will be great, and the believers few and far between, but should we rise, there is surely a paradise waiting.

Just Win.

I'd have no issue playing Miller tonight, Enroth in Boston and back to Miller in Ottawa. Take the anti-Miller energy out of the crowd in Boston and Thomas is starting to show his age as of late.

I'm the opposite, rest Miller tonight and feed off of the energy in Boston, shut 'em up. Go in there confident, if we play Enroth there they'll think we're trying to protect Miller and we're an additional step back. imho.

I have noticed a shift in your posting lately. A harder edge. I like it.

Take your pick. I'll say Roy, unless he has a good game then i'll say Vanek, but if he has a good game I'll say Stafford.

And if he has a good game, dark will still hate him. ;)

Let's see if Monday's loss sends the fragile little children into another tailspin.

Well somethings for sure, we were both on the same wavelength with our comments. We really got to you didn't we?

And if he has a good game, dark will still hate him. ;)

And me, I want him gone even if he turns water into wine.

I have noticed a shift in your posting lately. A harder edge. I like it.

Dudley remarked on this yesterday. It gives me no pleasure to say it, and I would love to be proven wrong, but the series of key tests that this team, and more particularly, the forward group, has failed since Game 6 vs. Philly last April (and really since Black Sunday) has convinced me that as a group they simply aren't good enough -- well overpaid and well deficient in both physical and mental toughness. They haven't gotten better over the years -- if anything they've gotten worse.

If there's more of an edge coming from me lately, it's probably because (i) I was really hoping that a few of them would be unloaded at the deadline, setting the stage for a real makeover this summer and (ii) once again, they got my hopes up only to pull the rug out with a totally blase effort when it really mattered vs Winnipeg.

But hope springs eternal...

But the final chapters have not yet been written. From the depths, we have begun to rise. Like Dante, we have scaled the fur of the Beast Himself, passed through that 9th circle, and emerged on the other side, beneath a star studded sky.

One fifth remains. 16 games for us to purge our spirit of the sins of the past. 16 games to rid ourselves of our pride and envy, to exterminate our sloth and avarice. The trials will be great, and the believers few and far between, but should we rise, there is surely a paradise waiting.

Just Win.

Good man.

This team deserves a loud, positive ovation after they get introduced and I plan on giving it to them. They are who they are and if that is not good enough this season, then so be it. There will be more changes come July but for right now, let's give it everything we got as a crowd and hope the team does the same.

Wouldn't it be nice if the FNC had even half the atmosphere we saw in Winnipeg on Monday?

As per various people on twitter: lines remain the same, Miller to start. Given that Ruff has a deadly allergy to lines that don't produce within a period, it's amazing he's keeping together a line that hasn't produced for an entire road trip. And I really thought tonight was the night for Enroth...where else is he ever going to play?

Wouldn't it be nice if the FNC had even half the atmosphere we saw in Winnipeg on Monday?

Just need people to take off from work and tailgate :P

As per various people on twitter: lines remain the same, Miller to start. Given that Ruff has a deadly allergy to lines that don't produce within a period, it's amazing he's keeping together a line that hasn't produced for an entire road trip. And I really thought tonight was the night for Enroth...where else is he ever going to play?

Just need people to take off from work and tailgate :P

Im sure he only keeps that line together because the rest of them have been clicking...he is just hoping for a spark within those three. Probably won't happen, though, it will probably be broken up when another line goes cold.

Im sure he only keeps that line together because the rest of them have been clicking...he is just hoping for a spark within those three. Probably won't happen, though, it will probably be broken up when another line goes cold.

I'm sure that's exactly it, which I still think is a bad reason. And the other lines may be looking good, but there's still a distinct lack of finish. I just feel that getting Vanek and Pominville scoring again gives the team the best chance to go on the run necessary to make the playoffs, and with so few games left, we really don't have the luxury of giving them a whole bunch of time to figure it out.

Anyone else less than thrilled with Leino's quotes in today's Buffalo Snooze? I understand how language and cultural differences can lead to misinterpretation, but no matter how I read his comments, I can't help but feel he thinks he can just turn it on and off when he wants to. He gives the distinct impression that games played in the early part of the season just aren't as important as those at the end. I don't think he gets it. At all. Maybe it's just me.

GO SABRES!!!

Anyone else less than thrilled with Leino's quotes in today's Buffalo Snooze? I understand how language and cultural differences can lead to misinterpretation, but no matter how I read his comments, I can't help but feel he thinks he can just turn it on and off when he wants to. He gives the distinct impression that games played in the early part of the season just aren't as important as those at the end. I don't think he gets it. At all. Maybe it's just me.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm guessing you mean this section:

"There's so many games during the regular season that it's sometimes tough to get excited," Leino said. "You're obviously playing for a win, but now you're playing for the big things, especially now that we need to win games. It's our playoffs now, so everything counts: every shift, every stride, every pass, every shot. It's exciting. You're really playing for something, which doesn't happen in Game 22 or 42 or whatever. But it's exciting and I'm having a lot of fun out there. It's a different vibe."

It's a little annoying, but I'm guessing it's like when Roy said it was more fun to play once the pressure to perform was off. Not the smartest thing to say in the media, but probably also not (hopefully not!) intended the way we're reading it.

I'm thinking that Enroth hasn't even been able to practice lately. With the busy play schedule and long road trip the team really hasn't had a regular practice in awhile. My expectation is that Enroth won't see a game start until he's had the opportunity to get some good practice time in.

I'm guessing you mean this section:

It's a little annoying, but I'm guessing it's like when Roy said it was more fun to play once the pressure to perform was off. Not the smartest thing to say in the media, but probably also not (hopefully not!) intended the way we're reading it.

Yeah, that's the section that irked me. And I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt. And I appreciate the Roy reference. Leino's comments didn't rankle me nearly as much as Roy's. Somebody better tell Derek that the pressure to perform is back on and hotter than ever. Then again, the way he's been playing lately tells me he knows it's pressure time.

GO SABRES!!!

First Niagra needs to be Rocking tonight, show CoHo some love tonight people. The fans in Winnipeg were soooooo loud, I wish we were louder.

If they were to shrink the F'N Centre to the size of the MTS Centre, it would help out too. They tend to leave out the fact that the arena is the smallest in the league, 15,000 people in a smaller arena can really make a place sound loud. Give them a few years, when the honeymoon of getting the team back wears off and they are pinching pennys (owner said when they were bought that the team wouldn't be players in FA and build through the draft) or if/when the American Dollar goes back up over the Canadian and see what that place is like. HSBC was really loud too at one time a few years ago when the Sabres were at the top of the league

Gentlemen, there's no doubt we're up against it. We have been for a while. We've no one to blame but ourselves, and we've no one to turn to but each other. We've faced our share of adversity this year, and not one of us, at this point, will be able to look our grandchildren in the eye, and retell the legends of our will to overcome. Our descent has been documented, recorded in history for all to see. We've passed through each circle on our descent. The lust and gluttony of the Rigases, the Greed and Heresy of Galisano and Quinn. The Fraud of the NHL and and the goal crease. This year, the sins are our own. And they are of the worst nature. We have committed treason against our selves. Like Cain, did not protect, but rather harmed our brother. But in the lowest level of the deepest circle lie the traitors to their benefactors. We have failed our fans.

Just Win.

Dude, you made me wanna grab a stick and lace 'em up...great speech...i'm in!! Go Sabres!

I'm thinking since Miller starts tonight, Enroth probably gets the start vs. ottawa. No way he starts against Boston unless they really feel they have no shot beating them even with Miller, or Milelr collapses tonight and they are forced to rest him. Miller did get a somewhat long rest while being out after the Lucic hit, sohe should be able to handle a bigger workload for the stretch.

Anyone think we could see Turco tomorrow night for Boston? Last time we played they gave us Rask.....

Archived