GDT: Buffalo vs. Carolina (3/7/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

I'm thinking that Enroth hasn't even been able to practice lately. With the busy play schedule and long road trip the team really hasn't had a regular practice in awhile. My expectation is that Enroth won't see a game start until he's had the opportunity to get some good practice time in.

Fair enough, I wasn't really thinking about the practice time aspect of it. I think Mike Harrington reported that Miller and Lindy had a meeting to work out a schedule which includes Enroth playing this week. We'll see when that is.

As to what Leino said, it really doesn't bother me. I think it's one of those things that everybody knows to be true, we just don't really want to actually hear the players say it. There isn't a single team in the league that gives 100% every single game, it just doesn't happen, and it isn't realistic to expect given the length of the season. I don't have a problem with teams coasting or taking a night off here and there (note: I don't think it's a conscious decision to not play super hard, it just happens over the course of the year).

I'm thinking since Miller starts tonight, Enroth probably gets the start vs. ottawa. No way he starts against Boston unless they really feel they have no shot beating them even with Miller, or Milelr collapses tonight and they are forced to rest him. Miller did get a somewhat long rest while being out after the Lucic hit, sohe should be able to handle a bigger workload for the stretch.

Anyone think we could see Turco tomorrow night for Boston? Last time we played they gave us Rask.....

I don't know. It was alluded to in the Buffalo Snooze article this morning and someone mentioned it upthread earlier, but starting Enroth against Boston defuses a motivating factor for the Bruins and their fans. They just hate Miller, especially with how he's stoned them the last two meetings. Boston and it's fans would like nothing better than to get another shot at Miller on home ice, their first opportunity to do so since that fateful November evening. Why give them what they want. From a coaching standpoint I can see the reasoning behind it.

Then again, with Lindy being a complete schizo when it comes to goalies, I won't presume to know the first thing he's gonna do.

GO SABRES!!!

Anyone else less than thrilled with Leino's quotes in today's Buffalo Snooze? I understand how language and cultural differences can lead to misinterpretation, but no matter how I read his comments, I can't help but feel he thinks he can just turn it on and off when he wants to. He gives the distinct impression that games played in the early part of the season just aren't as important as those at the end. I don't think he gets it. At all. Maybe it's just me.

GO SABRES!!!

This is the problem if you are not a natural speaker. You sometimes do not say what you really wanted to say.

Gentlemen, there's no doubt we're up against it. We have been for a while. We've no one to blame but ourselves, and we've no one to turn to but each other. We've faced our share of adversity this year, and not one of us, at this point, will be able to look our grandchildren in the eye, and retell the legends of our will to overcome. Our descent has been documented, recorded in history for all to see. We've passed through each circle on our descent. The lust and gluttony of the Rigases, the Greed and Heresy of Galisano and Quinn. The Fraud of the NHL and and the goal crease. This year, the sins are our own. And they are of the worst nature. We have committed treason against our selves. Like Cain, did not protect, but rather harmed our brother. But in the lowest level of the deepest circle lie the traitors to their benefactors. We have failed our fans.

But the final chapters have not yet been written. From the depths, we have begun to rise. Like Dante, we have scaled the fur of the Beast Himself, passed through that 9th circle, and emerged on the other side, beneath a star studded sky.

And of that second kingdom will I sing

Wherein the human spirit doth purge itself

One fifth remains. 16 games for us to purge our spirit of the sins of the past. 16 games to rid ourselves of our pride and envy, to exterminate our sloth and avarice. The trials will be great, and the believers few and far between, but should we rise, there is surely a paradise waiting.

Just Win.

I love your post. This reminds of the style of Manowar songs.

There are a lot of players I hate and do the same thing. Points are points so you take them where you can get them.

He's hot right now so it's worth the shot that he stays that way for the rest of the season. History has shown he probably will, only to disappear into obscurity next season (if he's still here of course).

I love Enroth! I'm a huge fan but I think dude might be pretty cold.

He's played 122 minutes since January 16th (22 games), cold is an understatement.

1/16 he came in after Miller was pulled (35:28).

1/18 he started and played 60:00 minutes.

2/16 almost a month after his last start, he started and was pulled after giving up 3 goals, 2 of which on the PP he had little chance to stop (26.49). Miller came in to "spark the team" and gave up 4 in a 7 - 2 loss to the Flyers. Brilliant coaching move by Lindy.

Anyone want to drag up Miller's record vs. The Canes. I'm thinking that it does not bode well...
Not fantastic, but also not as bad as most were probably thinking.

Edit: lost formatting on posting.

Miller is 11-7 career against the Canes with a 2.70 GAA and 0.912 SV%

Not fantastic, but also not as bad as most were probably thinking.

Edit: lost formatting on posting.

Miller is 11-7 career against the Canes with a 2.70 GAA and 0.912 SV%

Thanks man! You are correct, not as bad as I thought at all. Does this include the playoffs from 2006?

coho coho coho gets one tonight....go sabres

Not that it matters to me, but I heard him referred to as Hodgie by Ennis, so I don't think the Co Ho carried over from Vancouver, just pointing that out, I don't care what anyone calls him

I don't get the sentiment that the Sabres didn't "show up" on Monday night. I'm fully aware that there were plenty of games this year where they haven't, but Monday they just ran into a well rested buzzsaw of a team that enjoys a huge advantage on home ice. I jthought Winnipeg played a great game and that contributed more to the outcome than any lack of effort by the Sabres.

Not that it matters to me, but I heard him referred to as Hodgie by Ennis, so I don't think the Co Ho carried over from Vancouver, just pointing that out, I don't care what anyone calls him

In that case, I'll call him a cab.

GO SABRES!!!

I hope we see a much better effort than we saw against Winnipeg. Every game should be treated like a playoff game. Hope the first line shows up!

it's not the size of the dog in the fight....it's the size of the fight in the dog.....

we got out hit 36-18 in our last game....woof.

we also lost the faceoff battle 32-19.......but neither of those are important according to many around here.

If they were to shrink the F'N Centre to the size of the MTS Centre, it would help out too. They tend to leave out the fact that the arena is the smallest in the league, 15,000 people in a smaller arena can really make a place sound loud. Give them a few years, when the honeymoon of getting the team back wears off and they are pinching pennys (owner said when they were bought that the team wouldn't be players in FA and build through the draft) or if/when the American Dollar goes back up over the Canadian and see what that place is like. HSBC was really loud too at one time a few years ago when the Sabres were at the top of the league

And all they had to do was win the presidents trophy.

Im sure he only keeps that line together because the rest of them have been clicking...he is just hoping for a spark within those three. Probably won't happen, though, it will probably be broken up when another line goes cold.

I keep hearing this and I don't get it. They have scored 1, 5, 1, 2, 2, 2, and 2 goals in their last 7 games. Not enough goals being scored to claim 3 of 4 lines are going well.

Personally, I'd like the top line to figure it out themselves rather than breaking them up to get them going and then trying to put them back together and get them going all over again in time for the playoffs if they make them (since you know Ruff can't leave Vanek and Roy apart for long). I just don't agree with the reasoning that the other lines have been going so well they can't be disturbed by readjusting the top line.

I keep hearing this and I don't get it. They have scored 1, 5, 1, 2, 2, 2, and 2 goals in their last 7 games. Not enough goals being scored to claim 3 of 4 lines are going well.

Personally, I'd like the top line to figure it out themselves rather than breaking them up to get them going and then trying to put them back together and get them going all over again in time for the playoffs if they make them (since you know Ruff can't leave Vanek and Roy apart for long). I just don't agree with the reasoning that the other lines have been going so well they can't be disturbed by readjusting the top line.

Lindy sticks Roy with Vanek hoping that it will benefit his boy Roy, even at the expense of it being counter productive for Vanek.

Archived