GDT: Buffalo vs. Carolina (3/7/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

Must win!

Time to play Enroth? Can't play Miller for the rest of the season and Enroth had an impressive shutout last time he faced Canes, while Miller have struggled.

Let's see if Monday's loss sends the fragile little children into another tailspin.

Thanks for saving me the typing.

Let's go Buff- a-lo..

I don't have a good feeling about this. 'Canes played last night and won in overtime. Should be tired. If Sabres played last night, it would be an almost automatic loss. But I think the fragile team and the long road trip will erase that edge if they can't jump all over this team. 'Canes still think they are in it too.

Buffalo should beat the whalercanes, they are one if the lower ranked teams in the league. In that case, 5-1 Carolina over Buffalo

Canes have been playing pretty well of late. They're 9-3-6 over their previous 18 games. I know, Deluca would say that's 9-9 over that span but only losing 3 of their last 18 in regulaton is not too shabby for a team near the bottom of the standings. We can't take this game lightly with a date with the Bruins tomorrow.

This team deserves a loud, positive ovation after they get introduced and I plan on giving it to them. They are who they are and if that is not good enough this season, then so be it. There will be more changes come July but for right now, let's give it everything we got as a crowd and hope the team does the same.

I, unlike a few posters here, feel pretty good going into this game. Carolina is coming off an overtime win last night and we at least had a day off. I know we had to fly from 'peg but i like where this team's head is at and I actually feel confident for two points tonight.

But what the hell do I know........4-2 Buffalo CoHo gets his first in the Blue and Gold

I hope the arena is alive tonight and respects we did some good work on the trip west...ill be at a job interview til 6 so a nice stiff IPA and a sabres win could make this a solid day.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Let's see if Monday's loss sends the fragile little children into another tailspin.

I have noticed a shift in your posting lately. A harder edge. I like it.

Which player will incite a 16 page argument this time?

Take your pick. I'll say Roy, unless he has a good game then i'll say Vanek, but if he has a good game I'll say Stafford.

Hodgson's first HOME game as a Sabre - hope he puts on a show

Fingers crossed that the #1 line has a little shake-up in it's make-up tonight - move Roy OFF IT!

Enroth giving Miller a rest (maybe???)

Sabres 4 - 2

The bottom line is, if you can't beat the Carolina Hurricanes at home with 16 games to play, chasing the 8 seed, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Just win.

This. I know there are still a bunch of games left, but it's hard to characterize tonight's game as anything other than a "must" win.

i know lots want to bag on them for losing in winnipeg. that's fine. 6 out of 8 points on a west coast road trip is a sh**-ton more than i would have expected ... not to mention 14 out of the last 18 points. the loss in winnipeg marked the first time since february 16th that they didn't gain at least a point.

i'm willing to concede the road loss to a team that had 3 days rest playing in arguably the current best home arena in the NHL, against a team who's been on pretty long (mileage wise, anyway) road trip. they looked out of gas from the opening face-off. minus the ridiculous number of turn-overs, they played well against a well-rested team.

i bet the sabres score 4 or more tonight and get the 2 points.

Archived