Agree to disagree, for now.

deluca67

Plenty of people were willing to say that TSC was wrong all along.Your kind gesture made the fake playoff push more enjoyable, while it lasted. Now it's over. One mans opinion, of course, but thank you TSC.

You may have originally written, 'till the season has officially ended. Close enough for me. I won't mind if you now unleash your fury, and may GoDD have mercy on the Status Quo.

:lol:

I don't mind sitting in the dunk tank at times and saying things that need to be said, but reading through the gameday thread was a travesty. Not one poster has anything to do with the results of these millionaires out on the ice. The hate just needs to stop. The Sabres don't suck because DeLuca says they suck or play well because you sleep in a Sabres Snuggie.

I guess it's easier to send in those ticket invoices and sleep at night if a boogeyman like DeLuca is the bad guy.

Funny thing is I think I own a Sabre Snuggie.

If you read the GDT, not only do" posters not have anything to do with the results of these millionaires out on the ice," neither does the head coach. A roster full of players were not prepared to play a do or die game. Fans need to wake-up.

I'm not going to allow a honest gesture to be used against me. I have a month's worth of opinions I have been keeping to myself until the season ended. If people want to be jackasses I am more than willing to let them rip a few days early.

We've all been keeping opinions to ourselves. You couldn't any longer, and you're using a post that wasn't even directed at you as pretext.

And it's noteworthy that the barn door of opinions kept to selves--not just you--crashed open during the only really bad game in the last several weeks.

We've all been keeping opinions to ourselves. You couldn't any longer, and you're using a post that wasn't even directed at you as pretext.

And it's noteworthy that the barn door of opinions kept to selves--not just you--crashed open during the only really bad game in the last several weeks.

Could it not have coming the weekend after the Caps game and the general reaction to that game?

We've all been keeping opinions to ourselves. You couldn't any longer, and you're using a post that wasn't even directed at you as pretext. And it's noteworthy that the barn door of opinions kept to selves--not just you--crashed open during the only really bad game in the last several weeks.

Not too surprising. We've been standing on the edge of the Sabre for weeks. The team slipped up the last two games and we were cut. We all feel bad and have to scream. The players all feel bad but they still get their paycheck for those games.

Funny thing is I think I own a Sabre Snuggie.

And you didn't wear it the last two games did you?

hehaw hehaw

I don't always post and it has absolutely nothing to do with me having nothing positive to say, but more related to the fact that I actually have a life outside of SS.

As for the original topic.... I'm dans!

Not sure what you mean, there.

Simply that with the (excessive?) elation surrounding this place after the Caps game it probably was too much to expect that at least someone wouldn't post a 'see, I knew it' post after the Loafs game.

I'm not about to go back through that thread or the ones since Wednesday to figure out how it all started; it doesn't really matter and trying to break it down wouldn't be remotely interesting. But it does look like the 'truce' is over.

Once the 1st 'shot' was perceived to have been fired, it apparently was too difficult to maintain a gentleman's agreement. I'm mildly surprised your truce lasted as long as it did, but with the Sabres only losing a couple in regulation the past month, there really weren't any flints near the powder until now.

Simply that with the (excessive?) elation surrounding this place after the Caps game it probably was too much to expect that at least someone wouldn't post a 'see, I knew it' post after the Loafs game.

I'm not about to go back through that thread or the ones since Wednesday to figure out how it all started; it doesn't really matter and trying to break it down wouldn't be remotely interesting. But it does look like the 'truce' is over.

Once the 1st 'shot' was perceived to have been fired, it apparently was too difficult to maintain a gentleman's agreement. I'm mildly surprised your truce lasted as long as it did, but with the Sabres only losing a couple in regulation the past month, there really weren't any flints near the powder until now.

But no one posted a "see, I knew it, Lindy is great, Regier is the best ever, you complainers suck" after the Caps game. Or after any of the preceding wins. Ya dig? Everyone held their breath in the illusion of some sort of "let's not fight" truce.

EDIT: FFS, I even withheld complaints about Stafford!

But no one posted a "see, I knew it, Lindy is great, Regier is the best ever, you complainers suck" after the Caps game. Or after any of the preceding wins. Ya dig? Everyone held their breath in the illusion of some sort of "let's not fight" truce.

I'm not understanding your outrage given you never indicated you were part of the truce.

I didn't say that there were posts that should be considered to be interpreted as 'Darcy's great' or 'Lindy's wonderful' in the runup to this weekend.

I tried to briefly provide my reasoning why it wasn't shocking to see heck break loose a few games early.

Part of our disconnect on why this should / shouldn't have been expected might be explained by the statement bolded above. I never got the feeling that there was a pent up 'Darcy / Lindy are great' primal scream building and waiting for release. Granted I haven't been here as often as in the past, but I just never got that impression. If I'm not interpreting your statement correctly, apologies in advance.

Archived