GDT: Sabres at Canucks 3/03/12 10:00PM

spndnchz

Good to see some excitement back here before a game.

Surley Cody will score against his old team tonight !

I don't think Cody is surly at all. He comes across as a pretty nice guy.

GO SABRES!!!

Miller in last 15 games is 9-2-3 with a 1.67 GAA, .945 SV% and four shutouts. In 30 games prior to the break, he was 12-15-2 with a 3.07 GAA, .899 SV% and 1 SO.

Miller has been smoking hot lately, which plays into Lindy's system (?) of scoring 1 or 2 goals and hoping your Goalie stands on his head to get you at least 1 point. I can't help but think that Miler has to be wearing down, but can they afford to sit him. As much as I like Enroth, I don't know if he can perform good enough for a win, he played 122 minutes since Jan. 16th, he has to be rusty. Also where is Enroth's confidence right now, he was pulled after 1 period his last start, his confidence has to be low, with the lack of playing time and the lack of support from his head coach. I don't know if Lindy will give Miller a rest, but I do know that Lindy has destroyed another backup Goalie. If Enroth does get a start, I'd rather it be tonight's game and have Miller play Monday, which I think is a more important game, since it's inner conference and against a team we're chasing. In the game tonight, even if Miller is on his game, it's going to be tough to pull out a victory.

Seriously, Vanek needs to get back on the score sheet asap! He can't be having back to back months of 1 goal and 3 goals.

Go Sabres

Get Derek Roy away from him.

Well, GoDD, if you're right, then Ruff will play Foligno. I hope he does, actually. What an interesting match up that would/will make.

Unrelatedly, the past two game threads have been a hoot, so color me confused what ###### is and why we have to leave it out..?

Call me crazy, but if the Sabres win this game I think they'll move from 66 to 68 points.

Crazy.

I find that stat about Ennis very interesting. I keep saying it and I will continue too, Tyler Ennis is a special player.

Hopefully Hodgson gets on the board tonight, I am actually encouraged that he hasn't scored yet because everyone who shows up and does that vanishes soon after. I think we could see a very good game from the kid tonight. I am hesitant that this teams offensive troubles will continue and no offense at all to Miller, but he can't play like God forever.

Like I said I am officially in the "lets go for it" boat after we finally acquired a top center prospect so LETS GO BUFFALO!

I had stated in other threads that I thought Ennis would not hold up. However, he's managed to keep himself from being steamrolled this year since he's been back. He's still small, and still more likely to get creamed at some point but he has played very well and he has been throwing his body around at times as well. I'm all for it.

if they call up foligno

Why dont they get McNabb too!

Sulzer shouldn't be playing over McNabb.

I think you throw the guy a bone. Let him play in his old place.. you can effectively cover for him on the 5-6 pair. If Regehr is still out Monday then perhaps you bring up McNabb for the Jets game.

I'm hoping for Foligno on the ice tonight... kind of a message, "See, we don't miss you Kassian." Perhaps a psychological move?

Darcy is on record saying that Foligno's skillset made Kassian expendable. Um, how exactly? He's big and physical, sure, but he certainly doesn't project to be a great offensive player, which is what Vancouver (and a lot of us here) believes Kassian can become. The Foligno vs Kassian discussion isn't even relevant, in my opinion, and I'm sure Zack couldn't care less about what Buffalo is doing to "replace" him.

Even if it is for one game, you know Kassian is going to be out to prove SOMETHING tonight. Can you believe the first question Vigneault (sp) asked Kassian was "did you not do what the Sabres asked you to do"? Kassian totally dodged the question which makes me think he is going to be flying out there tonight. Keep your heads up boys!

I'm hoping for Foligno on the ice tonight... kind of a message, "See, we don't miss you Kassian." Perhaps a psychological move?

I'm hoping for Foligno just because I'd hate to see him called up just to ride the bench. That's idiotic.

Darcy is on record saying that Foligno's skillset made Kassian expendable. Um, how exactly? He's big and physical, sure, but he certainly doesn't project to be a great offensive player, which is what Vancouver (and a lot of us here) believes Kassian can become. The Foligno vs Kassian discussion isn't even relevant, in my opinion, and I'm sure Zack couldn't care less about what Buffalo is doing to "replace" him.

I don't think Kassian cares who the Sabres call up either. If anything, he probably likes Foligno being called up since they were roommates in Rochester.

Foligno has less offensive upside than Kassian but they seem comparable in terms of size and toughness. The only difference is that Kassian has some big suspensions under his belt for dirty hits, so his reputation is a little bigger.

I'm hoping for Foligno just because I'd hate to see him called up just to ride the bench. That's idiotic.

I don't think Kassian cares who the Sabres call up either. If anything, he probably likes Foligno being called up since they were roommates in Rochester.

Foligno has less offensive upside than Kassian but they seem comparable in terms of size and toughness. The only difference is that Kassian has some big suspensions under his belt for dirty hits, so his reputation is a little bigger.

Exactly. One is a big, strong, "kind of" physical player with offensive upside that projects to be a top 6 forward. The other is a big, strong, actual physical player with limited offensive upside that projects to be a bottom 6 forward. I think they are completely different types of players, and although I am in favor of the Hodgson/Kassian swap, there's no way that Foligno replaces Kassian in any way.

So im here at the canes game. First non sabres game ive attended in a long time so im payig more attention to alot of the ganme experience stuff. Im sitting in the nose bleeds, and on the bolts recent 5 on 3 pp they were piping the guy who blows the "lets go canes"horn through the pa. Is this allowed? I thought you could only do announcements about goals etc. while the puck is in play? If this is legal the sabres should start doing this to combat the funeral home atmosphere at FNC.

So he missed the Amerks game tonight and will miss tomorrow's game for what then? :wallbash:

Lindy was trying to psyche out the Canucks and make them prepare for Foligno. :thumbsup:

Before anyone responds, this is sarcasm.

Archived