GDT: Sabres at Canucks 3/03/12 10:00PM

spndnchz

Boohoo! It's 70 and sunny.....I'm tired...whaa! :P

Meanwhile a house just came crashing down in my backyard, and if I'm not mistaken, I think Chz's legs are sticking out from underneath.

The witch, that bitch, her legs began to twitch. But we just left her bleeding at the bottom of a ditch.

....I think I got that right.

... Sabres record this season with Tyler Ennis in the lineup is now 17-8-5. No Tyler 2--- 12-19-3 ...

Of course there are other variables at play at any given time, but this stat is interesting. I know Ennis didn't get off to a good start with the rest of the team but I gotta think that losing him for 34 games had more than a little negative impact.

GO SABRES!!!

Guest Sloth

I'm viewing this as a game 7 for the Sabres. If Buffalo can win this game, I believe they'll make it in. If the Sabres lose this game, I doubt they'll make it. I have to say I am some what shocked right now. I honestly did not think the Sabres would win 2 games on this trip out west. Anaheim has been playing good hockey, and San Jose and Vancouver are two great teams. If Buffalo wins tonight, one could argue they're playing the best hockey in the NHL right now. Go Sabres tonight! I can't wait to watch it.

Who's Hot: Miller has back-to-back shutouts for the first time since Dec. 3-4, 2010. Daniel Sedin had a goal and 2 assists the last time the Canucks and Sabres played, and in 11 games against them, he has 3 goals and 7 assists.

Sabres record this season with Tyler Ennis in the lineup is now 17-8-5. No Tyler 2--- 12-19-3

WARNING: keep the ###### out of this thread or it's gone.

Miller in last 15 games is 9-2-3 with a 1.67 GAA, .945 SV% and four shutouts. In 30 games prior to the break, he was 12-15-2 with a 3.07 GAA, .899 SV% and 1 SO.

Hoping Regehr's back. A bit of a 'last eam' thing going on here. Will Ehrhfoff get boo'ed. Will Kassian and Grags step up.

Should b a good game. Although +/- goal differential is like 50 goals.

Can't expect to win them all. A loss here and a comeback against the Winnipeg Jets would be awesome.

I find that stat about Ennis very interesting. I keep saying it and I will continue too, Tyler Ennis is a special player.

Hopefully Hodgson gets on the board tonight, I am actually encouraged that he hasn't scored yet because everyone who shows up and does that vanishes soon after. I think we could see a very good game from the kid tonight. I am hesitant that this teams offensive troubles will continue and no offense at all to Miller, but he can't play like God forever.

Like I said I am officially in the "lets go for it" boat after we finally acquired a top center prospect so LETS GO BUFFALO!

Let's get it goin, let's get it done.

Here's hoping Hodgson gets on the board tonight. Vancouver fans will definitely be pissed if he scores, lol.

Nah, if he gets a hat trick I'll be happy for him.

The Canucks usually play best against the top teams, we beat Boston, Detroit, & St Louis

But the team can have trouble getting motivated against other teams, the 'Nucks have such a huge lead in the NW division that we need a telescope to find the second place team. (The Avs, 20 points back in the NW), so at this point the Canucks are just waiting for the playoffs to start

I'm viewing this as a game 7 for the Sabres. If Buffalo can win this game, I believe they'll make it in. If the Sabres lose this game, I doubt they'll make it. I have to say I am some what shocked right now. I honestly did not think the Sabres would win 2 games on this trip out west. Anaheim has been playing good hockey, and San Jose and Vancouver are two great teams. If Buffalo wins tonight, one could argue they're playing the best hockey in the NHL right now. Go Sabres tonight! I can't wait to watch it.

Yep!

Let's see which of Kassian & Hodgeson are the first to get a point. ;)

I just want Gerbe to wake the ###### up. This is the point in the season where he should shine with crazy spin o rama backhander crap :-)... needs to turn it on. Maybe he needs to bury something in the ice again.

Just checked his stats. Only 5 goals this year in 53 games? Pretty disappointing, although I can see him contributing down the stretch.

18 games left. 13 wins gives the Sabres 92 points. With their 5-0 loss last night, Washington now projects to finish with 89 points, while Winnipeg projects to finish with 87. Tampa is tied with the Sabres.

Fragile little children: it is there for you. Now go out and take it.

Seriously, Vanek needs to get back on the score sheet asap! He can't be having back to back months of 1 goal and 3 goals.

Go Sabres

I know we're supposed to 'keep the ###### out of this thread' but until we see Roy taken off the Vanek - Pominville line don't expect too much from either of them.

I guess Foligno has been called up.

Phil Varone@pvarone22

Goodluck to my buddy @marcusfoligno who's in van tn playing for the sabres #welldeserved

I know we're supposed to 'keep the ###### out of this thread' but until we see Roy taken off the Vanek - Pominville line don't expect too much from either of them.

Phil Varone@pvarone22

Goodluck to my buddy @marcusfoligno who's in van tn playing for the sabres #welldeserved

Interesting. Who's sitting I wonder. Tropp? Is this a move by Lindy to counter the anticipated "statement" by Kassian? If it is, why even Drane might think Lindy made a nice move.

GO SABRES!!!

Phil Varone@pvarone22

Another injury I wonder? Tropp out? Is he expected to counter Kass?

Interesting news given the lack of injury report.

Interesting. Who's sitting I wonder. Tropp? Is this a move by Lindy to counter the anticipated "statement" by Kassian? If it is, why even Drane might think Lindy made a nice move.

GO SABRES!!!

LOL same thoughts, you were a moment quicker.

Another injury I wonder? Tropp out? Is he expected to counter Kass?

Interesting news given the lack of injury report.

LOL same thoughts, you were a moment quicker.

I'm not sure who should be more worried about that.

But if I may take the Foligno scenario a step farther, I would just like to say he is under a lot of pressure to give us fans what we want. He has to be. The Sedins better keep their heads up.

GO SABRES!!!

Another injury I wonder? Tropp out?

My number one concern with Tropp is that he's not big or strong enough to play his game in the NHL. I hope I'm wrong.

Could be anything though. Ruff basically said that Foligno's development factored into trading Kassian so maybe they just want to have him play for the Sabres to end the year as a "test drive."

This. *sigh*

He's not going to play dirty. He's going to use his 220lb, unconstrained body and do what is natural to do.

Does he want to be the new guy, or does he want to be a Canuck?

You can wear the jersey the first few weeks, but if you show you are willing to drive your friend through the boards for the good of your team, then you are truly a Canuck. That's the main reason they got him this year. The 20-30 goals will come, but he is a beefcake and it is in his best interest to take advantage of a golden opportunity. It shouldn't be out of character for him. If you see Hodgson do something stupid like elbow a Sedin....that doesn't make sense.

Ruff knows what's coming. If he is smart he has Kaleta try and goad him early.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived