GDT: Sabres at Canucks 3/03/12 10:00PM

spndnchz

I think we've reached the point where someone needs to do some google and nail this one down.

I think this is it:

Rule 78.2:

(vii)
When video review confirms the scoring of a goal at one end of the ice, any goal scored at the other end on the same play must be disallowed.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26489

Next section goes into more detail (emphasis mine):

Video Review
- Any potential goal requiring video review must be reviewed prior to or during the next stoppage of play. No goal may be awarded (or disallowed) as a result of video review once the puck has been dropped and play has resumed.

When a team scores an apparent goal that is not seen by the on-ice officials and play continues, the play shall be reviewed by the Video Goal Judge at the next stoppage of play. If the goal is confirmed by video review, the clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) is re-set to the time the goal was scored. If the goal is not confirmed by video review, no adjustment is required to the clock time.

Only one goal can be awarded at any stoppage of play. If the apparent goal was scored by Team A, and is subsequently confirmed as a goal by the Video Goal Judge, any goal scored by Team B during the period of time between the apparent goal By Team A and the stoppage of play (Team B’s goal), the Team B goal would not be awarded.
However, if the apparent goal by Team A is deemed to have entered the goal, albeit illegally (i.e. distinct kicking motion), the goal shall be disallowed by the Video Goal Judge and since the play should have stopped for this disallowed goal, no goal can be awarded to Team B on the same play. The clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) must be re-set to the time of the disallowed Team A goal and play resumed.

I am almost 100% sure that is not correct. The review goes back to see if play should have been stopped due to a goal scored by the Sabres. Everything after that is negated if the goal is deemed to have occurred.

Zero chance that a Canuck goal would have counted in that 2:08. That is what replay is for. The replay showed Buffalo's goal, therefore that 2:08 never happened. Plain and simple. Very simple.

In fact the Rangers scored on the Canucks in game 6 of the Finals in '94, but low and behold the Canucks had already scored prior to the Rangers's goal. It was awesome.

Zero chance that a Canuck goal would have counted in that 2:08. That is what replay is for. The replay showed Buffalo's goal, therefore that 2:08 never happened. Plain and simple. Very simple.

Yes, and BMWolf just took the "almost" out of my statement.

I think this is it:

Rule 78.2:

(vii)
When video review confirms the scoring of a goal at one end of the ice, any goal scored at the other end on the same play must be disallowed.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26489

Next section goes into more detail (emphasis mine):

Video Review
- Any potential goal requiring video review must be reviewed prior to or during the next stoppage of play. No goal may be awarded (or disallowed) as a result of video review once the puck has been dropped and play has resumed.

When a team scores an apparent goal that is not seen by the on-ice officials and play continues, the play shall be reviewed by the Video Goal Judge at the next stoppage of play. If the goal is confirmed by video review, the clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) is re-set to the time the goal was scored. If the goal is not confirmed by video review, no adjustment is required to the clock time.

Only one goal can be awarded at any stoppage of play. If the apparent goal was scored by Team A, and is subsequently confirmed as a goal by the Video Goal Judge, any goal scored by Team B during the period of time between the apparent goal By Team A and the stoppage of play (Team B’s goal), the Team B goal would not be awarded.
However, if the apparent goal by Team A is deemed to have entered the goal, albeit illegally (i.e. distinct kicking motion), the goal shall be disallowed by the Video Goal Judge and since the play should have stopped for this disallowed goal, no goal can be awarded to Team B on the same play. The clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) must be re-set to the time of the disallowed Team A goal and play resumed.

Well, I stand corrected.

Nicely done, BMWolf.

It sure is a good thing Jesus didn;t pick that time to show up again, eh? :ph34r:

[/font][/color][/font][/color][/font][/color]

Well, I stand corrected.

Nicely done, BMWolf.

Thank you sir. I like that the NHL has put the rulebook up on their website in HTML format in recent years. Before they would put it up as a PDF file and that was a pain in the backside to search.

Archived