Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

meh

Yeah, watching the slo-mo replay, Kass didn't land a single punch.

He's a kid and lulls during his rookie season are to be expected, but he's been invisible for several games. When he was skating with the Sedins they didn't register a single point--- combined. He was moved off the 1st line so Burrows could potentially get them going.

He's not even remotely close to the beast that a few posters here are making him out to be. Actually watching Canucks games would be a real eye opener to those expecting he's already got one skate in the Hall of Fame.

If I owned a business here in Buffalo I would start advertising on the Canucks broadcasts, their ratings must be through the roof here in WNY. :w00t:

In other words, you base your opinion of Kassian on the same "wishful thinking" you accuse other posters of having rather than actually watching him play.

Interesting attempt at obfuscating your lack of knowledge by mocking those with informed opinions.

Dig deep. Dig often.

What did I say?

On a point per game basis....the Canucks are 90% better than the Sabres......and the Sabres are at game 18 of 48.

On a side note....this topic came up yesterday where I am at with folks from Vancouver and a former minor league hockey player. So did Ruff. 1st subject was that the Canucks have been lacking grit in the playoffs and they love the fact they tried to shore up their physical play. The second was..."Lindy Ruff was really good at one time. I remember when he had Hasek."

:P

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

In other words, you base your opinion of Kassian on the same "wishful thinking" you accuse other posters of having rather than actually watching him play.

Interesting attempt at obfuscating your lack of knowledge by mocking those with informed opinions.

At least you are admitting it, which is step one. I wouldn't call your attempt interesting though, that seems a bit self serving.

For those of us who have actually taken the time to watch the Canucks and Kassian play we have seen a young kid going through his growing pains. I don't believe anyone is saying otherwise. When he is playing well, hitting/fighting and scoring as he did earlier in the season, you seen qualities that the Sabres are sorely missing. As Kassian gets older and more consistent, the regret over this trade will increase in Sabre Nation.

An awfully long thread to debate a topic that won't have an answer for a few years. lt is fun though.

Are their any clips of Hodgson's fights?

Come on, everyone knows Hodgon's dad does all his fighting for him. :w00t:

Edited by DeLuca67

Yes, but the Kassian departure only matters if he's actually a good player, right? i.e. if his minutes continue to dwindle and he ends up as a marginal player, then turning him into Hodgy had to be the right call, yes?

I don't think anyone is saying that it's OK to trade Lucic for Pominville (see what I did there?). But as of right now, that's not what happened.

I agree with much of this -- I like Ennis quite a bit, I think Vanek is the straw stirring the drink on the top line, and I think that Ennis and Hodgy are both probably closer to good #2 centers than true #1 centers -- but I do think they are both good #2 centers. And as Dudacek points out, there aren't more than half a dozen or so true #1 centers in the NHL -- so 2 good #2 centers isn't a bad place to be.

Just about everyone, I expect.

I dont think so based on the comparisons I've seen thrown around.

At least you are admitting it, which is step one. I wouldn't call your attempt interesting though, that seems a bit self serving.

For those of us who have actually taken the time to watch the Canucks and Kassian play we have seen a young kid going through his growing pains. I don't believe anyone is saying otherwise. When he is playing well, hitting/fighting and scoring as he did earlier in the season, you seen qualities that the Sabres are sorely missing. As Kassian gets older and more consistent, the regret over this trade will increase in Sabre Nation.

Come on, everyone knows Hodgon's dad does all his fighting for him. :w00t:

And as Hodgson gets older and more consistent the appreciation over this trade will increase in Sabre Nation.

GO SABRES!!!

And as Hodgson gets older and more consistent the appreciation over this trade will increase in Sabre Nation.

GO SABRES!!!

I was okay with this trade because we needed a center but hated giving up a guy who actually controlled the puck on the wall.

But couldn't one argue that as Kassian gets older and more consistent the appreciation of this trade will decrease in Sabre Nation?

Again, a pointless thread that will have no answer fro a few years.

Edited by Grumpy

I was okay with this trade because we needed a center but hated giving up a guy who actually controlled the puck on the wall.

But couldn't one argue that as Kassian gets older and more consistent the appreciation of this trade will decrease in Sabre Nation?

Again, a pointless thread that will have no answer fro a few years.

I was merely pointing out the opposite to DeLuca's take.

And I agree, this debate is about as pointless as it gets.

GO SABRES!!!

Sounds like Zach's in the doghouse now. I hope he rebounds for his own sake. Meanwhile Cody's doing pretty well and improving defensively for us. He dishes good, unexpected passes and is becoming the bankshot from behind the net King. Last night, he banked one off old friend Sammy Salo. Cody reminds me a bit of Dale Hawerchuk, but he needs to get more consistent.

Saw this retweeted in my feed:

Cam Tucker (@CamTucker_Metro) tweeted at 11:01 PM on Tue, Feb 26, 2013:

Zack Kassian, playing on 4th line, had a team-low 2:10 in ice time for #Canucks. Also a minus-one.

(https://twitter.com/...614942805680128

Sucks for Kassian that Kesler came back. That pushes Burrows up with the Sedins where he fits and moves Kassian down the depth chart. He's fallen off for sure.

Edited by bunomatic

Saw this retweeted in my feed:

Cam Tucker (@CamTucker_Metro) tweeted at 11:01 PM on Tue, Feb 26, 2013:

Zack Kassian, playing on 4th line, had a team-low 2:10 in ice time for #Canucks. Also a minus-one.

(https://twitter.com/...614942805680128

Not to nitpik, but according to the nhl.com boxscore, Kassian had 6:52 TOI, was a -2.....and no hits.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020282

Not to nitpik, but according to the nhl.com boxscore, Kassian had 6:52 TOI, was a -2.....and no hits.

http://www.nhl.com/i...m?id=2012020282

That was probably mid-game.

Zack is getting jerked around from line to line and from wing to wing (yes, he has been played on the left side.) All of those roles on lines 1-4 are different.