Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

What I am saying is they told Kassian to learn how to position himself, win the battle in the corners and in front of the net and to tone down his over aggresiveness... That takes time to learn when your use to blasting everyone in and around you. Its a learning curve...

I agree with you, I was just taking my usual roundabout way of showing it, sorry. :)

And he's going to a team where he can PLAY that role and not have to become this all-around, well-rounded, two-way, system guy with different linemates every ###### shift. Kassian's happy, believe me. And so will be the Canuck fans.

exactly what i have been saying. you could see zack out there thinking about playing the system right instead of just playing/reacting and of course he will look like what he looked like because he was still learning

i think he will be the total package in a couple of years and all those that are satisfied that he got traded today will be wishing he was never traded in a few years.

you watch, he will be instantly better for the canucks because he will be allowed to just go play.

Some comments from a few fans I know from Vancouver on Hodgson:

I'm unbelievably pissed right now. Many of us in Van thought Cody was a future captain waiting in the wings. He's ridiculously talented, and can probably drop in as a 2nd if not 1st line center on most NHL teams. He's got a wicked, wicked slapper.

The Sedins are 31 years old...they aren't going to be in their prime forever. I'm not pissed because of what it does to our team now - I'm pissed because I thought Cody was going to step up as a primary scorer in the next 5-8 years.
  • Like (+1) 1

Apparently Kassian left quite an impression on Markus Foligno. :lol:

marcus foligno@marcusfoligno

Goodluck to my buddy Zack Kassian #exroomy #gunnamisshim have a great time in # VAN......tripod gone @nabber03

I'm sure the Canucks are hoping Foligno left more of an impression on Kassian. Foligno seems to be having no problem playing the kind of physical game that we all wanted to see from Kassian on a regular basis.

That said, buck says Kassian racks up a Gordy Howe hat-trick in his first game with the Canucks. Trades have a way of adding jam to a player's game for that first game or two.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm sure the Canucks are hoping Foligno left more of an impression on Kassian. Foligno seems to be having no problem playing the kind of physical game that we all wanted to see from Kassian on a regular basis.

That said, buck says Kassian racks up a Gordy Howe hat-trick in his first game with the Canucks. Trades have a way of adding jam to a player's game for that first game or two.

GO SABRES!!!

Or he will get one when he faces his old mates later this week. I bet Vancouver gives him his balls back and tells him to play his style.

Or he will get one when he faces his old mates later this week. I bet Vancouver gives him his balls back and tells him to play his style.

What style is that, exactly?

I'll give him another Gordy Howe hat-trick against the Sabres but I'm gonna chalk up a hat-trick for Hodgson against his former squad as well.

GO SABRES!!!

exactly what i have been saying. you could see zack out there thinking about playing the system right instead of just playing/reacting and of course he will look like what he looked like because he was still learning

i think he will be the total package in a couple of years and all those that are satisfied that he got traded today will be wishing he was never traded in a few years.

you watch, he will be instantly better for the canucks because he will be allowed to just go play.

The play where he had the puck, coming in with two Sabres against 1 D-man, and he completely froze, did nothing with the puck and ended up behind the net with it. You sound like someone who sees exactly what I saw there. Some others here will tell you that they saw it too, but what they saw was a guy who wasn't ready for the NHL. Or something like that.

The play where he had the puck, coming in with two Sabres against 1 D-man, and he completely froze, did nothing with the puck and ended up behind the net with it. You sound like someone who sees exactly what I saw there. Some others here will tell you that they saw it too, but what they saw was a guy who wasn't ready for the NHL. Or something like that.

So, you actually think a 2 on 1 (or 3 on 1 as per your description) has roots in some sort of "system"? :rolleyes:

I am not satisfied but I like the trade. I think in this case when all is said and done Hodgson will be better. Vancouver fans thought he was their future captain... Ive never even thought of that with kassian.

If Hodgson is a hard worker with talent Id trade that for Kassians toughness.

My thoughts on this trade and deadline day....

1) Darcy is the best GM at getting value for trades, he fleeces everyone and almost never makes a bad trade

2) We now have two legit center prospects...if adam and cody turn out how they should we have a number one and a number two for years to come

3) I dont care if they bring goose back but that 1st rounder is an amazing return for 20 games

4) I still think this team can continue their strong play and slip into the playoffs

What style is that, exactly?

I'll give him another Gordy Howe hat-trick against the Sabres but I'm gonna chalk up a hat-trick for Hodgson against his former squad as well.

GO SABRES!!!

The style he had in juniors that got him so noticed and recognized as a force to be reckoned with. The guy that took a few bombs from Sestito before dropping him like a bad habit. I think he will be a more physical player in a year or two of being in the NHL.

Edited by Claude Balls

The style he had in juniors that got him so noticed and recognized as a force to be reckoned with. The guy that took a few bombs from Sestito before dropping him like a bad habit. I think he will be a more physical player in a year or two of being in the NHL.

Yup, and he is gonna LOVE the Western Conference. You know Lucic just breathed a sigh of relief, too.

Yup, and he is gonna LOVE the Western Conference. You know Lucic just breathed a sigh of relief, too.

NO that is an absolute joke. Lucic didnt even notice kassian.

Kassians play in juniors was with reckless abandon and going headhunting, you can not do that in the NHL because the first time you do that a whole team jumps you and stomps your ###### in. its what happened to kaleta when he tried doing it in the AHL 4 guys jumped him and hurt him to the point where he missed games. Kass will be a good NHLer and will learn to pick his spots but you will never see the style of play be like the juniors where he used to meet guys coming across the ice while he supermanned into their face.

Taking what I said out of context. Typical.

considering how little I post how is this "typical"? You said you saw exactly the same thing. How is that taking it out of context? The guy makes a statement and you back it up with an example.

My thoughts on this trade and deadline day....

1) Darcy is the best GM at getting value for trades, he fleeces everyone and almost never makes a bad trade

2) We now have two legit center prospects...if adam and cody turn out how they should we have a number one and a number two for years to come

3) I dont care if they bring goose back but that 1st rounder is an amazing return for 20 games

4) I still think this team can continue their strong play and slip into the playoffs

If by Adam you mean Ennis than yupper there is our 1 + 2 center.... Adam could be a 3rd line center me thinks